Is Privilege recovering from the curse this year?

Maybe I am not that gay that I like CeCe.... but it was really the only party I visited with no atmosphere at all....

But hey.... why else did they give the free tickets away with hundreds?

Privilege is doing quite well this year, but Manumission remains unbearable. Too hot, too crowded, too nothing special at all. My favourite night is "Balearic People" on saturdays, the atmosphere on the Coco Loco Bar is incredible.

Last year Manumission did have the same problem. I even remember the DJ making so many mistakes in mixing and that stuff... was really bad.. but the show and the contact I had there with a guy did make it up.:)

daltvila said:
Privilege is doing quite well this year, but Manumission remains unbearable. Too hot, too crowded, too nothing special at all. My favourite night is "Balearic People" on saturdays, the atmosphere on the Coco Loco Bar is incredible.

Was "Balearic People" crowded this year when you did it?

They've been having the same problem for years. In the first 2 years they made a real effort and - for a short time - it truly was one of the best parties on the island. But then it was turned into a - or better THE - mass event and cashing in became the only thing that Mike&Claire & Co were and still are interested in. Okay the show is kinda cute (even if the dancers could be slightly more n'sync ;) ) but seeing it once every season is definitely enough.

Yeah Tiger, the main dance floor is getting busier every week but still in a good way (unlike Manumission), but i can't tell exactly as I only run across it on the way in to Coco Loco and by the end on the way out ;)

So balearic people....? Is it busy this year with all the stiff competition???
I think it's the only night worth doing at Privilege.

i was at manumission last monday, it was pretty busy, but lots of non-clubbers for the first few hours. these people stop dancing when something starts happening on stage (which is quite often) and just stand there gawping. weirdos....

overall it was a great night though, the manumission madness is there in bucketloads and once the plebs went and it thinned out a bit everyone was having a great time dancing.

the music was OK, not brilliant, but i heard on the essential selection on friday that smokin jo had her record bag taken by mistake and had to do her entire set with 12 records!

Back