Is Liverpool too big to fail?

Is it just me???

Sorry, the amount of debt serviceable or otherwise has not put them in the bottom three. They're in the bottom three because they are playing like ****.

Rafa never replaced Alonso properly and bought **** at over the odds on most of his signings. Glen Johnson for 18mil, Aqualani also 18mil Crouch and Keane he never gave a chance to before selling them on...

A cringeworthy youtube video doing the rounds??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The nine point deduction would just be the icing on the cake really.

If they do go down at least you'd know most of their remaining supporters would be loyal, (they might even win something that year)...

I agree I picked them to finish mid table they have been under performing my estimate.:eek:

ignoring the fact that this is prolly the most momentous thing that will ever happen in the history of my beloved club (aside shanks arrival of course)......

should the thread title be "is liverpool...." or "are liverpool". is liverpool sounds weird to me, like wrong in fact....i would always say are liverpool, just wondered what others thought.

??

ignoring the fact that this is prolly the most momentous thing that will ever happen in the history of my beloved club (aside shanks arrival of course)......

should the thread title be "is liverpool...." or "are liverpool". is liverpool sounds weird to me, like wrong in fact....i would always say are liverpool, just wondered what others thought.

??

Proper noun for a single entity Gregatello, so 'is' is correct, though common usage is 'are'. But as it sometimes refers to a group, if you were refering to the individual fans collectively as 'Liverpool', you could say 'Liverpool' believe they are too big to fail.

Proper noun for a single entity Gregatello, so 'is' is correct, though common usage is 'are'. But as it sometimes refers to a group, if you were refering to the individual fans collectively as 'Liverpool', you could say 'Liverpool' believe they are too big to fail.

yeah but doesn't it sound weird to you?

also, liverpool FC in whatever sense or context you decide 'is' never a single entity, <insert some sickening community based, we are the people rhetoric just to piss of mr.collins>

Proper usage - "is"
I've only really noticed in England the consistent improper use of the plural "are" in reference to a singular term.
Just like the consistent misuse of reflective pronouns (myself, yourself, etc.)
One reason why I say that the US is preserving the Queen's English better than England these days!

Proper usage - "is"
I've only really noticed in England the consistent improper use of the plural "are" in reference to a singular term.
Just like the consistent misuse of reflective pronouns (myself, yourself, etc.)
One reason why I say that the US is preserving the Queen's English better than England these days!

Now THAT is irony

Having spoken to my 18 year old cousin, it seems that the correct sentence should be:

"Are Liverpool like too big to fall?"

FFS...

Always singular!!

American sports teams have an interesting way around this... they've mostly got plural names!

D'oh!

2210: Some bad news for Liverpool fans - Dirk Kuyt and Daniel Agger were both injured on international duty tonight. There is more concern over Kuyt, who picked up an ankle injury early in the Netherlands' 4-1 win over Sweden. Agger, who has had a groin problem, also came off in the first half of Denmark's 2-0 victory over Cyprus.

For "Liverpool" read "Leeds" or "Nottingham Forest".
Just because you get to Euro cup finals doesn't mean you can't end up in the Third Division.
I could LMHO actually, Bolton, Wigan, Blackpool in the Premiergreed; Leeds, Liverpool possibly (and Everton with a bit of luck) and a dozen others not.
Or they could merge and call themselves Merseyslide.

Do they know where Tranmere is?? :p

or houston dynamo
I was going to mention that the MLS has broken the mold on that old tradition
(there are also Real Salt Lake, DC United, FC Dallas, FC Toronto, etc.)

But most teams in most other sports have a mascot name that's plural, although exceptions exist (Miami Heat in basketball comes to mind first)

Back