Is it true that were not allowed to bring cameras into clubs

D

DP

Ok I just went through the trouble of buying a digital camera so that I could take amazing pictures when I'm there from June 17-July 17. I saw a post that you're not allowed to bring them in I hope this is not true? It's not a video camera just for pics.

Join me in Ibiza June 17-July 17 and I promise us Canadians will show you the time of your LIFE!

Re: Is it true that were not allowed to bring cameras into c

DP said:
Ok I just went through the trouble of buying a digital camera so that I could take amazing pictures when I'm there from June 17-July 17. I saw a post that you're not allowed to bring them in I hope this is not true? It's not a video camera just for pics.

Join me in Ibiza June 17-July 17 and I promise us Canadians will show you the time of your LIFE!

Nope, no cameras. You may be able to smuggle one in but the truth be known they are more interested in finding cameras on people than pills.

On past experience, don't even bother trying to take a camera into Privilege, as their search is very thorough. Space is also difficult. Pacha on the other hand should be a doddle, never been searched there so you should be fine. Amnesia was ok I think but be a bit careful, maybe conceal it in your pants or something!

That's CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can I get a list of clubs that I shouldn't bring my camera to?
How could I smuggle it in?
Would they take the camera from me or just tell me to get rid of it or coat check it?
Cause frankly I won't go in if they're gonna take my $500 camera away.
I really wanna get some amazing pictures of the clubs, djs, etc...

OH ya what kind of searches are there too?
Can they search your bag, shoes, boxers, etc....

Meet me in Ibiza June 17-July 17 and us Canadians will show you the time of your life

DP said:
That's CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So can I get a list of clubs that I shouldn't bring my camera to?
How could I smuggle it in?
Would they take the camera from me or just tell me to get rid of it or coat check it?
Cause frankly I won't go in if they're gonna take my $500 camera away.
I really wanna get some amazing pictures of the clubs, djs, etc...

OH ya what kind of searches are there too?
Can they search your bag, shoes, boxers, etc....

Meet me in Ibiza June 17-July 17 and us Canadians will show you the time of your life

Space you're not allowed, there's even signs outside saying no cameras, saying that I have managed to sneak one in every year. If I was you I would take a disposable and then if they do take if off you it's only a few quid. They give you a token to get it back at end of night but I know some people who never got them back.

Privilege have stopped letting you take cameras in as well.

Pacha, DC10, Amnesia - cameras are fine.

And yes if you take a bag in they will search it and probably your pockets.

OK well see here, they will pat you down check almost everything except your shoes.

How is it there?
Not exactly looking to get arrested for a couple pills!

DP said:
OK well see here, they will pat you down check almost everything except your shoes.

How is it there?
Not exactly looking to get arrested for a couple pills!

I've never been searched by the clubs for anything but I've been searched outside Space and DC10 by the police :rolleyes: Basically just be careful.

I've never been searched by the clubs for anything but I've been searched outside Space and DC10 by the police Basically just be careful.

Basically finish everything inside haha. SO the police routinely check clubbers going to and from the club and search them? And for the clubs just don't have anything in your pockets?? I know they are lookin for cameras and weapons.
Is there any other clubs I should be weary of with my camera?

Thank god I'm a fast mother, I'll run like the wind.

DP said:
I've never been searched by the clubs for anything but I've been searched outside Space and DC10 by the police Basically just be careful.

Basically finish everything inside haha. SO the police routinely check clubbers going to and from the club and search them? And for the clubs just don't have anything in your pockets?? I know they are lookin for cameras and weapons.
Is there any other clubs I should be weary of with my camera?

Thank god I'm a fast mother, I'll run like the wind.

No just Space and Privilege are definite nos for cameras, everywhere else will be fine.

The police go thru phases of stopping ppl going into clubs and searching them.............unless it is just me cos I have got a guilty face lol :p

The police go thru phases of stopping ppl going into clubs and searching them

Are we talkin strip search or just pat down?

Sorry for all the q's and thanks for your help cause I really don't want my vacation ruined by the police finding two caps on me!

DP said:
The police go thru phases of stopping ppl going into clubs and searching them

Are we talkin strip search or just pat down?

Sorry for all the q's and thanks for your help cause I really don't want my vacation ruined by the police finding two caps on me!

Both times they just asked me to empty my pockets, they gave my b/friend more of a thorough search but nothing like a strip search.

Just act like you would at home really and be careful, just cos you're on holiday the same laws etc exist over there. But you'll be fine!

Last year we got cameras into Space and El Divino easy. In Space I shoved my camera down my girlfriend's top between her jubblies and got it in everytime, so use of jubblies is required. If non-available I'm sure a nearby female will be glad to help out but make sure you ask as it could end up in a slap. :x El Divino didn't even bother searching us for anything.

On the other front though I was approaching Space's carpark with a little something in my top pocket, and two Guardia Civil were hid behind the first hedge on the right underneath the huge Space advert signage. As they pounced on me one of them asked me about drugs (I thought they wanted me to sort them out at first) and as I was walking with one of them to the other cop I turned as though I was looking behind me and necked what could of ended me up in clink. I was very, very lucky I thought. ;)

Two of my mates were stopped in the car park at DC10 and were totally strip-searched. They thought they were going to get the rubber gloves out at one point. Also they were third hand stories of lads getting cash swiped from wallets, but how true this is I don't know. :confused:

they took my disposable camera and charged me for keeping it untill i was done clubbing, rude huh? 8)
hmmm rediculous that cam´s arent allowed, but I guess they want to maintain the myths of the various clubs...btw, this happend in Sept at Space...

i always had a camera on me on my trips to Amnesia, they were more intersted in searching for water (you'll be denying them £6 per bottle if you take in yourself!!)
but Space was a no no,
Pacha search is minimal
manumission strict very strict

I wouldn't take a $500 dig cam out with me fullstop, if you get it in to the club thats one thing, what about pick pockets.

up to you!

:)

OH I know there's pick pockets, my camera will be VERY VERY close to me at all times. Plus if I feel anyone touching me I'll just hammer them.

I can't believe the Police there are so brutal. Random strip searches and stuff. I guess I'll stick to buying my stuff inside the clubs or what have you. I can understand pockets, but anything more is kinda pushin it.

Forget about the pickpockets. I cant believe you would take a $500 camera out with you clubbing.
The reason it's called 'Losing It' on the dancefloor is coz thats where people lose things. I've lost so much stuff over the years, lighters, keys, phones, durgs etc.
Dont't take anything out with you you are not happy to lose

OH I know what you mean, but seriously. I'm going to the white isle for a month and I wanna remember this forever I need to take pictures of the djs, the clubs, etc....

I'm not gonna take my camera in with me if I'm gonna be flailing!

taking pics never really captures the atmosphere in a club, ive taken pics of nights in pacha where ive had one of the best nights of my life then looked at the pics and you either see some sweaty people dancing like goons or someone thru the dry ice, flashing lights cause havoc with cameras only thing worth taking pics of are people youve met, last year i never got round to taking the camera out of the safety deposit box, if the memories start fading do what everyone else does GO BACK TO EIVISSA :D

Ive managed to smuggle my cameras into every club ;) Not gonna tell ya how just yet tho!

Be warned- Privilege are barstewards for Cameras, they are the strictest ive come across anyway.

Pacha- prob the easiest, but not 100% certain to get thru

Amnesia- do search occasionally, esp if u have a bag.

I myself never had a problem with Space, sayin that it could all change this year! I remember in 2000 I was walking into most clubs with bottles of water in my bag, and 2 disposable cameras! Where did it all go so strict? And why! Could maybe understand Manumission with the shag show, but they dont do that anymore.

One of the biggest things that pissed me off in the past is when Ive had my camera took off me but seen other girls with them, and one time in Pacha where some cocky **** had a video camera and I had to put my mickey mouse disposable 35mill in the cloakroom! :confused:

I think I'm gonna put them in my boxers or something

not sure yet
I'll figure it out!

Back