Is Ayianapa the next ibiza???

P

pacha4life

I've heard alot of rumours like ibiza is losing it's vibe and the new hot spot is ayianapa greece........dont' get me wrong i will never abandon ibiza till i'm the last one there :d in which case i'll stay because it's my island.....I have also looked at the parle scene in aiyanapa and dones't seem that exciting....some friends wanna change it up next year and go there instead of ibiza.....i dont' really wanna do that i love the magical isle....what areyour thoughts
nik

I'd rather cut my head off than go there. Ok, perhaps a bit harsh but it all seems to revolve around Garage which I can't stand. And it appears to have quite a bit of San An's worse bits to it.

kitten's head said:
I'd rather cut my head off than go there. Ok, perhaps a bit harsh but it all seems to revolve around Garage which I can't stand. And it appears to have quite a bit of San An's worse bits to it.

well said....oke i'm not going :):):):):):)

oh dear, can't wait for the replies of this.

short answer to your question is. No.

Its already dying down.the authorities have clamped down and they don't want it to beome another ibiza. whatever that means.

Robo said:
oh dear, can't wait for the replies of this.

short answer to your question is. No.

Its already dying down.the authorities have clamped down and they don't want it to beome another ibiza. whatever that means.

Not my fault......never been there so i just wanted to know...i love ibiza the way it is and want it any other way....:)

nik..as you are well aware i am into west end side of things much like yourself... you know what u gonna get in san an west end (derpies etc lol) but seriously in napa all you get is a load of idiots out to prove them selves...now some people say same bout san an west end but belive me napa is worse...lots worse...ill stick to the white isle me thinks dunno bout rest of u.....?

good reply, see you in ibiza maybe im going 2nd till 16th august (San An Bay)

ha ha ha
ayia napa is again a beautiful place
but the problem with ayia napa is like the west end of ibiza everyone is crammed together with regards to bars and clubs
in ibiza there is much more diversity
plus ayia napa became massive on the end of the garage heatwave
as garage as become more and more comercial there is more of a comercial atmosphere threre
ayia napa seems ideal for the garage scene
but doesn't seem to other much else other than your usual commercial scene
ibiza i admit doesn't touch garage that much which for me personally is a good thing
i couldn't think of anything worse than hanging round with a bunch of wide boy giving DA LARGE and all that
but thats just me
ayai napa will be the garage mecca
Ibiza will be the clubbing mecca
thats that really

I remember chilling out in Ibiza last summer on a Sunday afternoon at Bora Bora after coming out of the Space terrace and thinking -- man you just can't top Ibiza. Ibiza has wonderful weather, beautiful people, sexy beaches, slamming parties, and just an overall magic feel to the island. I was chatting with someone who just flew over from the Greek Islands and he said the same thing. Ayia Napa, the next Ibiza -- I don't think so.

Tis funny cos i went to Cyprus for the first time almost 14 years ago (where I met my girlfriend). Her family used to live there so we had to holiday there for like 8/9 years.

We used to go to Ayia Napa for a few days at a time and hated it.

It's very naff and is all packed into one square mainly - horrible, truly!

Then we discovered Ibiza and instantly realised Ayia Napa was in another league altogether.

What I like most about Ibiza is that all the good places are way out on their own i.e. Pacha, Space, Amnesia etc. Ibiza is so unique for this.

Both at different end of the scale i'm afraid.

kitten's head said:

I'd rather cheese grate my bollox over a molten hot sess pit of all things evil then venture to the scurvy shores of "AY.. Ay.. see! I cant even say it.

Its the puss and darkside to what these gremlins think is music....

I advise anyone whos been to douse themselves in holy water..

Ibiza losing it?? Every ibiza is so different but all are magical.

No way, Ayia Napa has lost what it had a few years ago and is returning to be a family resort.
I was there last year (June) and I can honestly say it is a nice enough place, but not a patch on Ibiza (September). It was more of a UKgarage, Drum n Bass type vibe but even that has died down now because the authorities made a concious decision to stop the unruly elements, so it was a case of dogs at the airport, very strict sentences for people carrying the smallest amount of drugs, and random hotel room searches by police.
I really enjoyed my holiday there, Cyprus is an absolutely beautiful place but I only had one night out clubbing as me and Mrs Hook were there with our kids and the place suited us fine, but only as a lively family holiday.

ps. this year I'm off to LLORET DE MAR with the kids in June!!!! Then Ibiza for 5 nights on our own in September. Haven't been to Lloret since I was 17 so it will be interesting, anyone know if it's still as lively there as it was???

the thing is ibiza is the whole island wheras napa is just a resort,they were saying it was tne new ibiza way back in 2000 but not anymore its had its day,i went there in 3 yrs ago and have to say it smells.

i'd just say plainly no

one's greece one's spain

one's garage one's house/dance/trance

one's been around for about 3 years and dying

one's been around for 15/20 years and still going

two different places and thank god will remain so!

amen!

you know i don't despise any music
i don't dance to tend to listen to garage cause house/dance/trance is my thing
but i wouldn't walk out a club that played it?

would you? do you hate it THAT much?

premile said:
klingclubber said:
Garage: but i wouldn't walk out a club that played it? would you? do you hate it THAT much?

I would walk out of a club that only played Garage.

Not before setting fire to it... (BOOM!)

Back