Iphone or Blackberry?

Beckiboo

What's better? I'm due an upgrade soon but not sure what to opt for.... my mates are split, half have Blackberrys half have Iphones! 8)

Assuming you mean the Storm (if you're talking about BB's?)

You're hand is forced if you have to rely on a specific operator (02 = iPhone and Vodafone = BB).

I have the BB and I cannot fault it. It has a special screen that no other phone has where you actually have to press it down, which, after using a Samsung that went straight back) is a god send.

It would be fair to say the numbers of iPhone sales speak for themselves, though as with the iPod that certainly doesn't mean it's the best. I can't comment on it as I don;t have one, though it can't do picture messaging nor can you change the battery, both of which are pretty important to me.

Definitely an iphone...but I have this aversion to them because I think iphones are the modern day fileofaxes so therefore everyone that has one is a bit of a tw@t...although I'm going to get one in June so not sure how I'm going to justify that.

...but I have this aversion to them because I think iphones are the modern day fileofaxes .

I think the BB's are more of a fileofax as they are more formal. Whereas the Iphone seem the cool bit of kit to have. But then was the BB two years ago.

It all come down to needs and applications. Face it, we hardly use most of the functions on the modern day phone.

My other half has the Blackberry Storm, no buttons or a keypad as such, is all touch buttons. He finds it really hard to get along with, constantly crashes, has no network (Vodafone) quite a lot of the time and hardly any battery life.

Could be just the one off thats a bit temperamental but I wouldnt recommend it if you dont like touch screens.

He tried to change it but they blamed it on him not having the right software package. He now does have the right "software package" but its still as slow and useless.

personally neither (unless you plan of making the most of the functionality of either "phone")

im finding modern mobiles to be a pain in the jacksy, especially as anyone who calls me asks me if im in the loo cos its making me sound all echoey...

personally neither (unless you plan of making the most of the functionality of either "phone")

im finding modern mobiles to be a pain in the jacksy, especially as anyone who calls me asks me if im in the loo cos its making me sound all echoey...

I agree, they seem to get worse and worse. My friend at work got the new Samsung 8 mega pixel, well its not longer new she got it a few months ago but its awful. Because it has such a good camera on it it completely wipes the battery! I can count quite a few nights she has needed to borrow my phone as hers is dead.

Being a brave applemaniac I would never change my blackberry pearl for anything in this world.
I've been using it for two years now and it's perfect for my needs. And after spending over a year in crutches I would never have a mobile phone which doesn't allow you to use it with just one hand.

Iphone is beautiful and is apple and is bla bla bla, but I find it too big for my handbags and usually apple gadgets are horrible with pcs :D

I agree, they seem to get worse and worse. My friend at work got the new Samsung 8 mega pixel, well its not longer new she got it a few months ago but its awful. Because it has such a good camera on it it completely wipes the battery! I can count quite a few nights she has needed to borrow my phone as hers is dead.

well, shoulda bought a camera if she wanted to take photos... :lol:

Nokia N95 8GB... had no end of hassle with the quaility of reception no matter where i am, memory dropping off, phone telling me to remove the memory card when it aint got any, Maps closing down mid journey cos of this... and 3 telling me to goto Nokia to get it fixed, who tell me its fine, only for it to pack up as soon as i get it home.... :spank:

What's better? I'm due an upgrade soon but not sure what to opt for.... my mates are split, half have Blackberrys half have Iphones! 8)

I got rid of my BB as it was slowly taking over my life, went back to old boring phone that does the bare minimum (relief!).

My eldest son has an iphone (18 year old hipster), loooves it, my husband is getting an iphone (he has been an apple computer user for years, he's a dj), my lovely but workaholic ex-husband has a BB (50 year old businessman/entrepreneur)...

So seems to depend a bit on your needs and your "style".

well, shoulda bought a camera if she wanted to take photos... :lol:

Nokia N95 8GB... had no end of hassle with the quaility of reception no matter where i am, memory dropping off, phone telling me to remove the memory card when it aint got any, Maps closing down mid journey cos of this... and 3 telling me to goto Nokia to get it fixed, who tell me its fine, only for it to pack up as soon as i get it home.... :spank:

I have the Samsung G500 - I could go on and on about the things I hate about it and how much I hate orange but I wont. I have done enough ranting at work today to last me :lol:

I am stuck with it until November.

I might go back to pay as you go. I dont need my phone for anything but texting :p

I might go back to pay as you go. I dont need my phone for anything but texting :p

same here. got till feb 2010 until my contract expires.

leaving 3, cos they're getting worse and getting myself on the cheapest tarriff with a phone that is just a phone and nothing else! :lol:

i did moan to my Nokia Rep, but he aint called me back yet. (probably fidddling about in his Audi chelsea tractor installing all manner of ICE gadgets). ;)

I think the BB's are more of a fileofax as they are more formal. Whereas the Iphone seem the cool bit of kit to have. But then was the BB two years ago.

That's the very reason why iphones are annoying because the owners are generally such geeks. :lol:

When you boil it down, these discerning apple disciples are just brand whores like everyone else. ;)

glad someone has brought this up.
i dont know what to get either!

either blackberry curve or iphone, but ive read that there is a new iphone coming out in june which has some more features on it.

just found out that i cant upgrade until december 09 though, with 02.

does anyone know if Phones4u still buy you out of your old contracts?

glad someone has brought this up.
i dont know what to get either!

either blackberry curve or iphone, but ive read that there is a new iphone coming out in june which has some more features on it.

just found out that i cant upgrade until december 09 though, with 02.

does anyone know if Phones4u still buy you out of your old contracts?[/QUOTE]

Id be interested to know that!

That's the very reason why iphones are annoying because the owners are generally such geeks. :lol:

When you boil it down, these discerning apple disciples are just brand whores like everyone else. ;)

Don't know about the geek thing ? Here the geeks seem to have BBs and the cool kids have iphones !!

The brand whore thing is probably true today, although for years if you worked in a graphic or music field, apple was the only computer that really cut it. Probably not valid anymore...?!

That's just it - any 'cool' kid that thinks a consumer electronics brand gives you status is a geek! :lol:

That's just it - any 'cool' kid that thinks a consumer electronics brand gives you status is a geek! :lol:

Aaah, I see now, thanks, was looking at it the wrong way !

Did you mention you were getting one, why, are you seeking geek status too ???

Back