INTRODUCE YOURSELF PLEASE

Hi im Sophie I'm 34 and married to
Pete . We met clubbing when we were 18 and have been together ever since ! Ibiza gives us a weekend a year to let loose from our responsibilitys as mum and dad ! We love it ! We are going back in August this year and can't wait !

Hi I'm Claire. This will be my second time in Ibiza. Heading over in August for a bit of a post graduation blow out. Didn't see much past the hotel and clubs last time, so want to have a better experience this time round. Any tips and tricks on what to do and see would be greatly appreciated.

I'm usually more of a rock music fan, but I loved Ibiza wayyyy more than I though.
Looking forward to going back.

Jake, 24, from Oxford originally, but I suppose my love for dance music and Ibiza started many years ago!

My dad would always play trance classics from the likes of Ian Van Dahl, Paul Oakenfold, Sash, and Paul van Dyk in the car. And every Sunday we would listen to Dave Pearce present his Dance Anthems show together when I was 8 or 9, maybe 10, I can't remember.

I watched Kevin & Perry Go Large, and like most impressionable pre-teens, knew that one day I had to try this lifestyle! I was always a Balearic boy at heart ;)

First trip was in 2011 and I've been numerous times since, most recently in Sept 2014. Going again in July & August this year and can't wait! Safe to say, Ibiza and music is my life! I'm always that guy pestering my friends with the latest soundcloud links etc. I've DJ'ed locally in clubs myself and worked at Ministry of Sound for a while between 2013 and 2014.

I'm a very open, chatty, friendly kinda guy. So if anyone wants to meet up this summer, by all means please drop me a message! Ibiza for me is all about being together and that friendly vibe you don't get anywhere else! We're all unified by the same thing which is the music :)

Hi guys

I'm Sophie, 29 from the UK. Heading out to Ibiza 12th-16th August and staying at Hard Rock.
Last year was my first time to Ibiza and I loved it- the music, the atmosphere, the people. I'm going solo in August as none of my friends will go and I don't want to miss out!

Hi all, I'm Connor, 20 years old from Swansea in Wales. Going to be my second time in Ibiza this August, went last year with a small group of mates but didn't even last a full week, which is embarrassing but I still loved it, and the experience of clubbing.. Just enjoy the general type of music you get there as opposed to Zante, where I went a couple years ago.

Going solo this year so I can just do my own thing, hope to meet some new people out there aswell. Reading some of the forums on here and I have no idea who most of the DJ's are so I need to get researching! :lol:

Hi, I'm Mr Scorpio, 40 years old, and live in west London... I went to Ibiza for the first time in June 2014, (I was a late bloomer, what can I say) advices for you youngsters out there... do not get into a relationship at 20 as I did. I missed all this stuff, however, I am enjoying my partial freedom now. Luckily I keep myself in shape. Anyway, I loved it so much that I went back two months later when Snoop was performing (What a sham that was). I am back there again on the 30th of July for a 10 day Blockbuster Bonanza, 5 days in San An, 5 days in Boss'a, and it cannot come soon enough. For me, it's more the vibe which made me come back the 2nd and now the 3rd time.
Booking all my events now, looking forward to most of all Blue Marlin, heard it's supposed to a real chilled vibe... although I’m not looking forward to the prices... but as they say, you cannot take all that cash to the grave.
Anyway, hello all... hope you have a fab time out there.

Hi, I'm Mr Scorpio, 40 years old, and live in west London... I went to Ibiza for the first time in June 2014, (I was a late bloomer, what can I say) advices for you youngsters out there... do not get into a relationship at 20 as I did. I missed all this stuff, however, I am enjoying my partial freedom now. Luckily I keep myself in shape. Anyway, I loved it so much that I went back two months later when Snoop was performing (What a sham that was). I am back there again on the 30th of July for a 10 day Blockbuster Bonanza, 5 days in San An, 5 days in Boss'a, and it cannot come soon enough. For me, it's more the vibe which made me come back the 2nd and now the 3rd time.
Booking all my events now, looking forward to most of all Blue Marlin, heard it's supposed to a real chilled vibe... although I’m not looking forward to the prices... but as they say, you cannot take all that cash to the grave.
Anyway, hello all... hope you have a fab time out there.
I'll also be arriving in San An on 30th July, have a great one man!

Hi everybody, I'm Tucker, I live in Portishead (near Bristol). My first visit to Ibiza was in 1995 when I celebrated my 20th birthday. I am just booking this years trip in September to celebrate my 40th birthday. I have lost count of the exact amount of visits to the island, but it is at least 10 over the years. I rediscovered Ibiza 5 years ago after a break of a few years and have been back every year since.
I have been lurking on the forum for a while and I thought it was about time I signed up and said hello. I have benefitted from the wisdom of the forum members when planning previous trips to Ibiza, so thanks for that!

Hi everybody, I'm Tucker, I live in Portishead (near Bristol). My first visit to Ibiza was in 1995 when I celebrated my 20th birthday. I am just booking this years trip in September to celebrate my 40th birthday. I have lost count of the exact amount of visits to the island, but it is at least 10 over the years. I rediscovered Ibiza 5 years ago after a break of a few years and have been back every year since.
I have been lurking on the forum for a while and I thought it was about time I signed up and said hello. I have benefitted from the wisdom of the forum members when planning previous trips to Ibiza, so thanks for that!

Nice to see someone else from portishead on here

Hi I'm Bernard, I live in New Zealand with my partner Kristie. I'm 31 and finishing up my doctorate in science. In June we depart on a 3 month trip that will cover Bali, Spain, Portugal and Morocco!

I've never been to Ibiza (or even Europe) but we will be visiting for 2 nights - the 21st and 22nd August. We have tickets to Glitterbox to see Basement Jaxx and Pacha for Paris by night - It's only a short time to visit, and a long time away but I am already so excited I find myself on here. Seems like a great place with lovely people :)

Cheers

Hi I'm Ned from Dublin,1st time to Ibiza was when I was 22 yrs old on a lads hol in 2004 to San antonio and didn't even know Ibiza town or PDB existed, in 2010 went back with GF and we fell in love with island ever since go every year , staying in Garbi hotel, we usually go for openings but as we had our 1st child recently it will be sept for closings . Always love reading this forum and rest of Spotlight keep up great work

Hi,
I'm from dublin, we on our last day in ibiza today been here for a week. Meaning to sign up for ages, enjoyed reading lots of people's stories! We`ve had 3 trips so far , 1st one few years ago just before hitting 40 - don't feel it out here though that's one of the beauties of the place!
Will put up review soon...

Hi guys I'm Nikolay from Sofia, Bulgaria 36 years old. Love house music. Love Ibiza. Last time in Ibiza was jule 2014 since then have Ibiza blues cause I can't come in 2015. When will back ...I don't know .But however ....you know I'm there anyway .....Peace

Last edited:
Hi guys, Im Jaejonna from New York City... I'm going to Ibiza for the first time in a week from now (7/16-7/24), this forum is both very informative and entertaining ...I'm going there with a group of friends and renting a Villa and a couple of cars to boot...will post my reviews when I get back.

Hello everyone, I'm Andy from London. Been visiting spotlight for a few years now and, since last winter, have been reporting on primarily London-based parties for the site (with the occasional overseas jaunt thrown in when I get the chance).

Depending on the company I'm in I consider myself either a hardened veteran of five trips to Ibiza or a complete novice. Heading back out this September and can't wait.

First trip was in 2010 with a group of friends, arrived Sunday, Cocoon on the Monday with Sven in the Main Room, never seen anything like it. I was totally hooked from then on in and have been back annually ever since.

Keen to contribute what I can and continue to learn from what is a very entertaining, friendly, informative forum.

Hey everyone, I'm Michael from Germany. As you can see from my incredibly clever screen name, I'm turning 33 years old this year.

Been visiting the forum since my first trip to Ibiza in September 2013. Haven't had a chance to go back since (work, family...) but will go back with my buddy in September (11th-14th, short but sweet). We'll be staying in Sal Rossa apartments in PdB (stayed in Apartments Ebano also in PdB last time, but their prices have increased dramatically since).

I wasn't much into electronic music before going to Ibiza, but since then, I practically listen to nothing else ;) I do enjoy the more "melodic" stuff (house) but also EDM :eek: which I know is not entirely popular on these forums.

The best night I had last time (went with 2 friends, all 3 of us Ibiza virgins at the time, from Thursday to Sunday) was Pure Pacha with Martin Solveig. The other 2 nights were David Guetta at Pacha (which as an Ibiza virgin I thought was a must do.... it was just way way way too crowded to enjoy) and Supermartxe at Privilige (which was quite the spectacle I must admit).

This time I'm looking to see more of the island (last time was basically spent in the hotel and walking around PdB looking for food and recovering from the previous night) and generally do more (perhaps a boat party, sunset in SanAn, Ibiza Town, etc.). Club wise we're looking at Glitterbox on Friday, Pure Pacha on Saturday and House of Madness Closing on Sunday.

Will post a review when we get back.

Back