illegal taxis

I saw a review on tripadviser earlier saying something similar to this attack. They wanted €50 for a €10 fare, the guy refused then he got acid thrown in his face then beat up.

Was this the same guy? Surley an attack like that wouldnt happen with a legit taximan?

Some waiters in off the beaten track restaurants also make a quick buck dropping people home..

Is this illegal taxi thing “organised” or just individuals with a car making a €?

Both, I've had dubious characters but also a friendly Spanish pensioner chatting away who just wanted to top his pension up.

In general though, better to stick to the Discobus and while the taxi queues may look long you find the queue moves fast.

€60 for that journey.. no way. Mind, I have seen people who clearly have plenty of disposable money willing to pay over the odds for non-licensed cabs than the real deal - including DJs performing on the island. Begs the question, why?

€60 for that journey.. no way. Mind, I have seen people who clearly have plenty of disposable money willing to pay over the odds for non-licensed cabs than the real deal - including DJs performing on the island. Begs the question, why?

Having more money than sense. Used to get a few illegals years ago before I realised what a great service the Discobus is for the main clubs you can avoid using a taxi altogether.

The queues at taxi ranks go down faster than people realise also. Theres also a new taxi app this year, but I'm yet to try it.

Quick question about legit taxis.. we paid €35 from the airport to San An bay, but the return journey four days later was only €26.. are the taxis out of the airport always on a higher tariff?

Quick question about legit taxis.. we paid €35 from the airport to San An bay, but the return journey four days later was only €26.. are the taxis out of the airport always on a higher tariff?
To and from airport carries a surcharge.
Taxis from airport can take two routes, im sure the one via San Josep is cheaper.

Back