illegal taxis

Never use illegals in Ibiza. Just not worth it as had a lot of really bad drivers.

Uber is a funny one, not a fan as a business but I do use them a lot locally due to prices. Many local cabs won't do a 12 mile drive on the meter and charge flat rate £50. Uber £30 so wins every time... that said also had some pretty poor Uber drivers

You can set your own schedules at a lot of companies these days,but that doesn't mean you're self employed. You're a mug!

Uber loses right to classify UK drivers as self-employed

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...status?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Sounds like you're part of the taxi union to me.

If you can't understand the concept of working whenever you want and how ridiculous it sounds calling Uber a sweat shop, then I can't help you.

Let the people determine what a good service is, not the government.

Well you have shit taxis in the US. Plus you think uber has better pricing because it's subsidised and they pay shit wages. That's the reason uber doesn't post any profits,it's trying to put everyone out of business. When it suceeds,and they are the only firm left,the prices rise. But London is different from the US, we have the best taxis I the world.

The Reason Uber doesn't post any profits beacause it's a privately owned company there for they are not required to, "they are the only firm left,the prices rise" sounds a lot like what most taxi services have been doing for years, now there is competion they need to either adapt or die.

Sounds like you're part of the taxi union to me.

If you can't understand the concept of working whenever you want and how ridiculous it sounds calling Uber a sweat shop, then I can't help you.

Let the people determine what a good service is, not the government.

"Let the people determine what a good service is, not the government" I couldn't of said it any better.

You obviously haven't read that piece I posted,That was the articles choice of words,it might help,you understand. You obviously don't understand the difference between being employed,and being self employed. The courts have decided in Europe and the US that if you drive for uber,you are employed by them.

Let the people determine what a good service is, not the government

I agree. Again you haven't read earlier posts. Here is another one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4351418/Cameron-aide-s-uber-cover-up.html

Data watchdog looks at whether No 10 covered up Uber correspondence

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...lation?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

A string of Labour MPs and the taxi industry demanded a full inquiry into the previous Downing Street administration’s relationship with Uber, which, until this week, employed Rachel Whetstone, the wife of Cameron’s former chief strategist Steve Hilton, as its policy chief.

Cameron had a close association with Whetstone, who was godmother to his late son, and attended a Christmas party she threw in 2015 at the Mayfair restaurant Sexy Fish, which was also attended by the head of Uber’s PR and lobbying firm, Portland.

The taxi-hailing app firm also proved politically engaged during the EU referendum, when it sent out a message to its largely younger, metropolitan customers reminding them to register to vote
Uber CEO steps down from Trump advisory council after users boycott

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ouncil?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

In bed with Trump as well. That didn't go down too well :lol:

Friends in high places,put uber where they are,now people have seen through it.

The Reason Uber doesn't post any profits beacause it's a privately owned company there for they are not required to, "they are the only firm left,the prices rise" sounds a lot like what most taxi services have been doing for years, now there is competion they need to either adapt or die.

Again,not in London. A black cab driver really is self employed. Every penny he takes is his money,no one takes a cut. But the TFL, Transport for London, set the rates on the meter. Rates 1 - 2 - 3. Not the driver.

Yes I know it's privately owned. That was the wrong choice of words. But at the end of the day they're lose billions,and their investors won't put up with it too long.

http://bgr.com/2017/04/14/uber-2016-profit-loss-financials/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...x-months-tech-company-lyft-didi-a7210666.html

Quick question for everyone about the illegal taxi drivers outside Amnesia. Last year I was using them every time I went as the que of legal ones was a joke and there seemed to be plenty of guys offering a lift. I found every one I got in to be a really nice chap and dropped us exactly where we was going for 10 euro a head!

Does anyone have anything bad to say about them? Not many people took this option at all and preferred to stand in a long que waiting and I know that people think these could be dodgy but in reality I found them all to be nice people just wanting to earn some easy cash. Am I being really stupid and should you avoid these or are they ok?

Used one for the first time from Airport due to the such a large queue and we all wanted to get our bags to the hotel and get out!!

Sceptical at first as thought would end up in a banger and robbed in the middle of no where but went for it and guy was alright and we was in a new Focus - I noted he was doing 85mph down the carriageways which didn't bother me at all or anyone else in the car

But the speed is worth noting as it may be normal amongst the illegal taxis and may help those who may be a little worried at this spend their money on legal taxi instead

Used one for the first time from Airport due to the such a large queue and we all wanted to get our bags to the hotel and get out!!

Sceptical at first as thought would end up in a banger and robbed in the middle of no where but went for it and guy was alright and we was in a new Focus - I noted he was doing 85mph down the carriageways which didn't bother me at all or anyone else in the car

But the speed is worth noting as it may be normal amongst the illegal taxis and may help those who may be a little worried at this spend their money on legal taxi instead
The legal taxies go just as fast if not faster I find!

Zero, zilch, nada, nish........

I'll wait in the queue thanks Rye

and, come to think of it!

Would your travel insurance pay out if they got wind of the fact you were in an illegal taxi? Insurance companies are interested in only one thing and thats to make one pound/euro/dollar more than they made last year. They would invalidate a claim at the drop of a hat.

(I can be quite sensible at times)

On my first or second visit to Ibiza I decided to stay in Pacha until the end when my mates wanted to leave, when I left I got an illegal taxi back to San Antonio with some woman who was very fit, when we got back to my hotel I asked if she wanted a coffee and we sat in the cafe and I chatted shit to her in my mashed state, nothing more happened but we had a great chat and laugh, it left an impression on me of the friendliness of people you meet in Ibiza and how nice she was.

When I think back, I should of shagged her

Back