illegal taxis

That's the last thing it needs. Thousands more poorly paid ,bad drivers doing in excess of 80hrs a week on the rd. With a bit of luck they won't around too much longer,they're losing $billions..

So your argument against Uber is that there are already enough taxis? Makes no sense.

In America Uber has resulted in a better service, with better cars, better drivers for a lower price.

Competition is good.

I use nothing other than uber now. More reliable, more friendly, and easier to use (app, splitting fares, car share, paying with PayPal etc).

The sooner it spreads, the better IMO

So your argument against Uber is that there are already enough taxis? Makes no sense.

In America Uber has resulted in a better service, with better cars, better drivers for a lower price.

Competition is good.

In America maybe? Not in London

I use nothing other than uber now. More reliable, more friendly, and easier to use (app, splitting fares, car share, paying with PayPal etc).

The sooner it spreads, the better IMO

Well they aren't more reliable than a black cab. Again many don't have the correct insurance, they haven't got a clue where they are going,following sat navs all over the place. Half the reason you can't get about town is because thousands of them are blocking up the streets. Road traffic accidents have hit an all time high In London due to them. And having an account with them is great for their share holders,because the can take a huge cut of the drivers money.

Plus the Uber "surge" on unsuspecting revellers.

65 quid for a 15/20 mile trip for me last year, first and last time - app deleted

Plus the Uber "surge" on unsuspecting revellers.

65 quid for a 15/20 mile trip for me last year, first and last time - app deleted

Yeah. If there is a tube,train or bus strike,or like a terrorist incident anything,where there is a shortage of public transport their prices go through the roof.

Uber is treating its drivers as sweated labor? You mean the drivers are treating themselves as sweated labor, since ya know, Uber drivers are their own bosses and can work as they please.

Uber drivers are not their own bosses. It's just one of many court cases they have lost recently in the UK, and the US i believe. Another hit they are going to take.

Do you live in London?
No, I live in the Midlands, but travel the UK for work so I use it everywhere I can.

It will ALWAYS be my preferred choice.

When I said more reliable, I mean more reliable than the private taxi companies where I live. Plus you can see the price before travel and it's often cheaper

No, I live in the Midlands, but travel the UK for work so I use it everywhere I can.

It will ALWAYS be my preferred choice.

When I said more reliable, I mean more reliable than the private taxi companies where I live. Plus you can see the price before travel and it's often cheaper

OK, fair enough. But when you are in London,there is nothing more reliable than a black cab. It's faster,safer,and more reliable than any mini cab firm, anywhere in the world. There are a few apps you can download if you wish to use when you're in town. This one is good http://www.taxiapp.uk.com/ but hailo and gett will also sort you out.

A black cab driver has the knowledge of london. Which generally takes between 2.5 and 5 yrs of hard graft to earn. Plus the tech at his/her finger tips,the correct the insurance, and a enhanced criminal record check every year.

I've used Uber & Lyft plenty of times and always had great experiences, they caused taxis in the U.S. to have better pricing, better service, and many Taxi services in major metro areas have now rolled out their own Apps so they can better compete with Uber & Lyft.

I've used Uber & Lyft plenty of times and always had great experiences, they caused taxis in the U.S. to have better pricing, better service, and many Taxi services in major metro areas have now rolled out their own Apps so they can better compete with Uber & Lyft.

Well you have shit taxis in the US. Plus you think uber has better pricing because it's subsidised and they pay shit wages. That's the reason uber doesn't post any profits,it's trying to put everyone out of business. When it suceeds,and they are the only firm left,the prices rise. But London is different from the US, we have the best taxis I the world.

Back