illegal taxis

After walking what seemed like 1/2 miles with my partner trying to flag down a legal taxis, an illegal one pulled up. He was an English male, around my age, I was happy enough to bounce in, the missus was having none of it. So we ended up walking a bit more and eventually got a legal taxi.

The next morning I was on here reading about some guy who had got serverly beaten by an illegal taxi driver while trying to mug him. Safe to say I was happy we didn't get in and will not be in the future.
^This.
Some good restraint shown there by the missus. If at least 25 people read this thread and reconsider an Illegal Taxi then Id be happy.

the spanish black market is increasingly out of control. there is always someone ready to service your every need, because there are people from all over the world who are desperate to sell anything, whether beer, contraband, fake Barca shirts, their driving skills or their body.
Exactly.
Many of the Illegal Taxis are controlled by much bigger criminal gangs, its obvious when you rock out of the club and see the Taxi pimps in action.

This most definitely was not going to be a 15 minute wait! We had waited for 20 minutes and seen about 4 taxis and a really long que! Also the ones I got in had really nice drivers who were completely with it had a good chat and have rather nice cars as well. Obviously I would much prefer to get a licensed one but when a 2 hour que is on the cards its hard to wait!
Must say that I have never had to wait that long. Not saying I actually hung around and waited, more than likely walked off to a bus stop and chatted to some randoms and waited for the next bus.

This often works too - "Anyone going back to (insert resort here) and want to share?" I must have done that 10/15 times over the years and I would even contemplate paying the lions share of the bill.

Or, you could leave the club 15 mins before the big kick out?

salinas is the killer...with the clubs I just always leave that little bit early, but I never want to leave salinas, and the later you leave the harder it is to get a real taxi...

That's the last thing it needs. Thousands more poorly paid ,bad drivers doing in excess of 80hrs a week on the rd. With a bit of luck they won't around too much longer,they're losing $billions..
As an alternative an app like gett for licensed taxi drivers would work. Then, when going to somewhere like Salinas without transport, it takes the hassle out of your exit strategy; you just book your cab when you are ready to leave...and then hope they don't mind sand ;)

Here's my unpleasant story from using a moody cab. This wasn't in Ibiza, but it's still relevant. I'd been out with my brother watching the darts at the Ally Pally, after which we decided to carry on in Shoreditch. After a few hours, he'd disappeared and wouldn't pick up his phone. So after hanging around for about an hour, I called it a night. At this point, I'd had enough and just wanted to get home.

After leaving the venue, I was immediately greeted by a moody and I don't remember even bothering to haggle much (most unlike me) and handed over the cash up front and jumped in. I then did my usual trick of just falling asleep. The next thing I know, I'm coming round and being asked to exit the car by an officer of the law. I jump in the back of the police car and he explains to me that he's pulled the driver over for no insurance and he has some other offences to his name and that he wouldn't be going any further at this point. He then says, that he suspects he is an unlicensed cab driver and would I be able to confirm this. At this point I've truly had enough, I've paid the driver up front and am now going to have to pay for another cab home. So I said yes and agreed to give a quick statement. I then asked if he could retrieve the £40 off the driver that I'd paid up front. He goes off and speaks to the driver, gets back in the car and says the moody claims to not know what I'm talking about and has no money on him.

So I sign the statement and as I'm getting out of the car ready to walk to a minicab office, the driver starts calling out my name in a manner that would suggest we are best pals and go way back. I'm guessing that when he was pulled over, he's woken me up and asked my name which I've mumbled out in some drunken sleepy manner so he can fabricate a story of us being mates going home from a night out; not really plausible if you were to put us side by side ;).

I then got called boxing day by the Police Officer asking to come to my house and collect a further statement, which whilst never actually happening, was more hassle. Anyway, from that day on I've never got a moody cab again. In hindsight, the whole episode was more inconvenience than anything compared to many of the horror stories of using them, but did make me start thinking about it a lot more.

Oh and my brother, he'd just decided to call it a night and go home :mad:

As an alternative an app like gett for licensed taxi drivers would work. Then, when going to somewhere like Salinas without transport, it takes the hassle out of your exit strategy; you just book your cab when you are ready to leave...and then hope they don't mind sand ;)

An app for the local, licenced taxi drivers is fine. I never have a problem calling a cab in ibiza these days anyway?

Hailo were the first taxi app in London. Gett are ok. But if you're in London use this one.. http://www.taxiapp.uk.com/

salinas is the killer...with the clubs I just always leave that little bit early, but I never want to leave salinas, and the later you leave the harder it is to get a real taxi...
it's why having mates with a car is useful :cool: but people often forget P place, oil & renting car arenot free :rolleyes:
Who pay the bill if there is a crashcar?:mad:i nearly had one on the way to bmi from PDB (a guy on the right on the way to hit my car in middle lane) ,as people laughin/drinking in the car, no one watch the road & u have the bad role as u cant drink while driving (waiting to be in the P car)

Last edited:
Here's my unpleasant story from using a moody cab. This wasn't in Ibiza, but it's still relevant. I'd been out with my brother watching the darts at the Ally Pally, after which we decided to carry on in Shoreditch. After a few hours, he'd disappeared and wouldn't pick up his phone. So after hanging around for about an hour, I called it a night. At this point, I'd had enough and just wanted to get home.

After leaving the venue, I was immediately greeted by a moody and I don't remember even bothering to haggle much (most unlike me) and handed over the cash up front and jumped in. I then did my usual trick of just falling asleep. The next thing I know, I'm coming round and being asked to exit the car by an officer of the law. I jump in the back of the police car and he explains to me that he's pulled the driver over for no insurance and he has some other offences to his name and that he wouldn't be going any further at this point. He then says, that he suspects he is an unlicensed cab driver and would I be able to confirm this. At this point I've truly had enough, I've paid the driver up front and am now going to have to pay for another cab home. So I said yes and agreed to give a quick statement. I then asked if he could retrieve the £40 off the driver that I'd paid up front. He goes off and speaks to the driver, gets back in the car and says the moody claims to not know what I'm talking about and has no money on him.

So I sign the statement and as I'm getting out of the car ready to walk to a minicab office, the driver starts calling out my name in a manner that would suggest we are best pals and go way back. I'm guessing that when he was pulled over, he's woken me up and asked my name which I've mumbled out in some drunken sleepy manner so he can fabricate a story of us being mates going home from a night out; not really plausible if you were to put us side by side ;).

I then got called boxing day by the Police Officer asking to come to my house and collect a further statement, which whilst never actually happening, was more hassle. Anyway, from that day on I've never got a moody cab again. In hindsight, the whole episode was more inconvenience than anything compared to many of the horror stories of using them, but did make me start thinking about it a lot more.

Oh and my brother, he'd just decided to call it a night and go home :mad:

wow - that could've got nasty

I've always been ok in London (apart from when we once hitchhiked a car driven by some crackheads). You get guys who try and fleece you for more, esp when they know you're wasted but I always have radar up for that.

I always say to girl mates though - don't even go there

fond memories BITD getting "cabs" back to Ealing from The End as the sun went up behind us and calling up the pirate radio playing in background

Touchwood. I have never once had an issue with illegal taxis, if a legal taxi is available would opt for that but sometimes when coming in peak season the taxi rank queues can become unbearable.

If there is 3-4 of you it shouldn't be an issue entering an illegal however i wouldn't recommend to a group of girls.

Over the years i have befriended illegal taxi drivers and took their personal numbers so they will happily pick me and my mates up whenever needed on the island. And you can't blame them for doing it; it's a great earner. Charge €10 a person for a trip from PDB to San An. That's a 20 minute drive so if a couple of trips are completed over the course of the night you could be a €100 up on under an hours work.

If you live on the island and have nothing planned for the night, the temptation to go and do a few drops must be there.

Touchwood. I have never once had an issue with illegal taxis, if a legal taxi is available would opt for that but sometimes when coming in peak season the taxi rank queues can become unbearable.

If there is 3-4 of you it shouldn't be an issue entering an illegal however i wouldn't recommend to a group of girls.
I think that is a very good point with illegal taxi's. If you are a group of 4 boys getting one realistically you will be fine but if you are a couple or group of girls there could be trouble.

I think that is a very good point with illegal taxi's. If you are a group of 4 boys getting one realistically you will be fine but if you are a couple or group of girls there could be trouble.
Unless you go head on with an HGV?

Over the years i have befriended illegal taxi drivers and took their personal numbers so they will happily pick me and my mates up whenever needed on the island. And you can't blame them for doing it; it's a great earner. Charge €10 a person for a trip from PDB to San An. That's a 20 minute drive so if a couple of trips are completed over the course of the night you could be a €100 up on under an hours work.

If you live on the island and have nothing planned for the night, the temptation to go and do a few drops must be there.

10€ by people pdb san an , good to know :D
Come on! more prices :lol:

i know a lot of illegall taxis that are trustful but i avoid to talk more about it for safety (can only give the info to ibz mates :p

People are against black market but do u thing all the cash that go in clubs are declare? :rolleyes: & all legal taxi declare all their rides? :rolleyes:
Disco Mafia baby :p Drugs, SEX, Clubs, Taxis rides same fight :lol: it's all about the MONEY!!!
Ibz is not an exception such as Greece, Turkey...
ps: a lot of people buy drugs, is this legal? :spank: so don't blame illegal activity :D unless u r white as snow :lol:

Last edited:
Back