Ikea Majorca

I-Spy

Has anybody bought things there for delivery to Ibiza?
How much do they charge for the shipping?
Thanks

Thanks John....Jana bought a flat, so I have been 'comissioned' with the emphasis on the 'mission' part.

Ah, so she went ahead and bought it? She was quoting some very accessible prices for places in Santa Eularia.

I really should look into it. Really is the time to invest in something...

Ah, so she went ahead and bought it? She was quoting some very accessible prices for places in Santa Eularia.

I really should look into it. Really is the time to invest in something...

i've got some great deals Johnny boy ;) Less expensive than Ibiza and only 2 hours by ferry ;) I'll look after you :lol:

I had the unhappy experience of spending 3 hours at IKEA Croydon earlier in the week.

yep, i've ordered stuff from ikea before.

a. mallorca is a different franchise than spain so different prices and some things they don't stock at all. send them a mail with what you want and they'll tell you the price and delivery charge. you agree and then they phone you to get your credit card details.

b. you pay a set delivery charge whatever you order and then you pay a price per kilo which works out quite reasonable

c. they now have their own van making deliveries in ibiza and lead time is 10 to 14 days

d. i'm just about to order some more stuff, but going to mallorca is loads more fun

ikea appear to employ staff who know what they're talking about and seem to want to sell you things - funny island, mallorca.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi david,

not sure who, when or if true, but i recall being told that the majorca ikea is a lot more expensive than the barcelona ikea. something to do with its franchise status.........dunno.

anyway, let me know when you go, cos i might join you.

a. mallorca is a different franchise than spain so different prices and some things they don't stock at all. send them a mail with what you want and they'll tell you the price and delivery charge. you agree and then they phone you to get your credit card details.

it must have been you who told me this before stephen.

but i thought you had to go in person to order......?

ikea on the peninsula require you to go in person, order, pay and then they'll arrange shipping.

though GENERALLY cheaper than mallorca, it's not worth the hassle (or a saving)going all the way to barcelona or malaga unless you do as we do, only go on holiday to a place with an ikea.

ikea on the peninsula require you to go in person, order, pay and then they'll arrange shipping.

though GENERALLY cheaper than mallorca, it's not worth the hassle (or a saving)going all the way to barcelona or malaga unless you do as we do, only go on holiday to a place with an ikea.

thanks....the goalposts have just changed!! :)

With the weakening Euro you'd still probably do better on the continent.

yeah but the euro is still incredibly strong against the pound, so i always buy in pounds if i can.

example. just bought something off amazon, standard product, there was a difference of 40 euros between pounds and euros, which in no way represents the exchange rate difference.

obviously products RRP doesn't change for the people in a domestic market just because another (one) particular country has a weak currency against it.

right?

obviously products RRP doesn't change for the people in a domestic market just because another (one) particular country has a weak currency against it.

right?
Yes... and no. Dave's a cross-border kind of guy so it depends on if he'll be spending money saved in pounds or euros.

If something costs 100 pounds and 110 Euros and you've got reserves of both currencies to spend, then it's better to buy the 100 pound item at a 1.05 exchange rate and the 110 euro one at a rate of 1.15. Or vice versa. I've confused myself now, but you get the point :lol:

yeah but the euro is still incredibly strong against the pound, so i always buy in pounds if i can.

example. just bought something off amazon, standard product, there was a difference of 40 euros between pounds and euros, which in no way represents the exchange rate difference.

Yes... and no. Dave's a cross-border kind of guy so it depends on if he'll be spending money saved in pounds or euros.

If something costs 100 pounds and 110 Euros and you've got reserves of both currencies to spend, then it's better to buy the 100 pound item at a 1.05 exchange rate and the 110 euro one at a rate of 1.15. Or vice versa. I've confused myself now, but you get the point :lol:

I think generally for us residing europeans, things in general are cheaper in the uk anyway (even with the weakend euro)

For example ive jus bought an external hard drive (1tb) of Amazon for 60 pounds, at todays rate od 1.16 it worked out at just under €70, if it had been at the old rate of 1.50 to the pound it would have been €90, the same product here is €125 !!

Spain is generally more expensive, sometimes even double :eek:

yes, but the point is that the price of the product hasn't come down in euros (just because the exchange rate is different).

if you live in spain, the price of product x is still the same, it only costs more if you're comparing the rate of exchange.

anyway, not important! :lol:

back to the subject of ikea, many of you will not know that i have a quite absurd twitter stream going on, and coincidentally ikea was the subject of a twit i did last sunday (when i had nothing else to wory about)

it went like this

"smeg flem larp golb berrk snort borloks slut ikea splurt ibiza - http://tweetphoto.com/94... - and two allen keys "

and actually made it onto the ibiza twit search page! who needs seo when you can speak swedish?

Jesus.......now I'm really confused.

I think I've just kissed my Saturday goodbye....... Ikea Croydon innit, Babes

Back