Ibiza virigin - any advice on this week?

Seems like a good idea to me. :lol:
It's a great idea ! especially if you have a hotel room without a fridge and you don't have anything but a warm bottle of water to drink.

A nice wake up cuppa before you leave the room :D

Havent heard anything so ridicolous in my life :lol:

I don't think the sound is that loud in any of them personally - but then again I'm probably half deaf already ....

If you were a DJ then I can understand it as you'd be in there every week and probably beset with tinnitus from an early age as a result !!

Either that or you're going deaf. :lol:

No way, never miss a beat with this;

metaleartrumpet3L.jpg

I for one value my hearing a hell of alot. If you go to the big clubs year on year your ears will take a battering. A lot of people take earplugs and wear them.

:eek: really ?!

wow im shocked by this lol - i tend to just not stand right near the speakers, i just fear for my head getting blown off :lol:

Ministry of Sounds sound system can perforate your ear drums when on full volume.

Max volume for them is around 164db. Jet takes off at 100-120 I believe.
I always wear ear plugs on nights out now, even at places like Oceana. I'm already beginning to develop tinnitus from when I was younger and went out to turnmills and MoS most weekends without them.

Please tell me you are kidding

Nope, I can't justify a grand spends for a week on my own, plus it's my third holiday in a year.

We will eat out a bit as well but I don't want to run out of money and not be able to do anything. We've actually got breakfast included so hopefully will get to it the odd morning!

I'm also taking a pack of them klick sort of drinks, PG white tea etc!

QUOTE=Ikoda;1393497]Ministry of Sounds sound system can perforate your ear drums when on full volume.

Max volume for them is around 164db. Jet takes off at 100-120 I believe.
I always wear ear plugs on nights out now, even at places like Oceana. I'm already beginning to develop tinnitus from when I was younger and went out to turnmills and MoS most weekends without them.[/QUOTE]

Tis true. Why do you think even staff in Lloyd's No1 bars are made to wear ear protectors nowadays - they don't have a choice, their employers must make them wear them by law.

Granted this is for prolonged exposure, as opposed to irregular, but there's no doubt about it, sound levels THAT high are damaging to both your short and long term hearing.

The problem with ear protectors is the sigma attached to them. A lot of people think that you can't hear anything when wearing them, which couldn't be further from the truth.

They block out dangerous levels of noise, but you can hear perfectly well with them. If anything, they can make sound systems in the poorest of clubs sound a lot clearer!

Oh... and the fact that asthetically they make you look like a douche :eek:

But the lesser of 2 evils me thinks

Ministry of Sounds sound system can perforate your ear drums when on full volume.

Must say I've never found it too loud in MOS - even dancing right by the speakers ... there's a very funny warning poster on on the way in to the offending room, tho' - always someone taking a photo of a friend beside it :) ..

164dbs...wow. That is an accomplishment. 140dbs even at short term exposure can severely damage your hearing. I probably push about 110-120db steady in my car with cabin gain. 140db is a jet engine at 100 feet or a close range gun shot. 180db will cause the death of hearing tissue.

To give you a frame of reference, a blue whale makes sounds up to 188db and they can be heard in the water at distances of 500 miles and sometimes beyond. Pistol shrimp can make noise at over 200dbs. Thats about what the explosion of Mt. Krakatoa would have sounded like to anyone standing within 50 miles of it when it went off.

My advice is to avoid standing in front of or near the ports or fronts of the speakers.

Buy a few bottles of booze and keep them stashed in your room. Drink vigorously before you head to the clubs to save money so you drink less while there.

Do not fall asleep on the streets of San An, I saw one person being urinated on by another fine gentleman the first night I was there lat year.

Don't pass out and puke on the seats to your left when you first walk in the airport terminal (my first experience on the island was to witness that).

Always pack survival gear in your carry on (my second experience was the loss of my checked baggage).

Do not fall asleep on the streets of San An, I saw one person being urinated on by another fine gentleman the first night I was there last year.

Don't pass out and puke on the seats to your left when you first walk in the airport terminal (my first experience on the island was to witness that).

The 1st gentleman got away very lightly imho if he was only p!ssed on .. he was lucky to have been left with anything at all !! :lol:

The 2nd person in the airport no doubt came straight from a superclub and had totted up their credit card receipts from the bar before getting on the plane home :rolleyes:

disco buses!

also catch bus from airport, save yourself 30 odd euros to San an,

this 30 euros will come in very handy!

best tip i can give you

Back