Ibiza too expensive

"...
How has Ibiza changed during the past 20 years, how was the night and,
how was the people ?

... all opening and closing parties were 100% free for everyone,
the party themes were different every night, the posters and decorations were works of art,
the mix of music we played couldn't be heard anywhere else in the world and,
although no one had much money, everyone made an effort to dress up
and bring their love and gratitude to our parties.

At the end of the 80′s, the anglo-saxon promoters caught on to this potential gold-mine.
They invaded the island and began promoting their DJs playing their music,
imposing their party ideas, importing their tourists, their structure and their philosophy.
By commercializing and capitalizing on the “Ibiza” mark, they changed the whole scene.

..."
http://ibizabynight.net/2012/03/27/the-ku-in-ibiza-lets-meet-faruk-gandji/

Some great passages in Howard Marks' 'Mr Nice' about days of Ibiza gone by. Always found it very intriguing! Some of those who moved over in the 70's, 80's to Ibiza have some great stories too. Used to love quizzing my boss about it last summer and looking at all the old pics and things he had!

... all opening and closing parties were 100% free for everyone

although no one had much money, everyone made an effort to dress up
and bring their love and gratitude to our parties.

I think the opening and closing parties should revert to being free for all Ibiza residents (pre-ticketed) and a token entry (5/10Euros or so) for everyone else, on a first come first served basis (VIP-free, on the door only with a re-entry stamp).

I am sure none of the club owners agree.

Booked this week for 6 nights in september 8th-14th. got flights for £93 RETURN i thought that was a bargain

who is that flying with,which airport, I keep looking at flights for September, but from my neck of the woods, the cheapest for 2 people is £357

just realise i ve never seen this topic, on of my favourite :lol:
i'm no more into buyin ibiza tshirt but i gues ill buy a a last one :spank: with the famous Ibiza: Feuckin isla del dinero :D
i was used to take vueling planes at 300-400€ single return ticket from Paris
this year ive switched to other company Transavia & ive paid 200€ for it (price was written 160€ but add luggage 20kg as ill plan to bring some hierbas, chorizo & jamon )..just saw along office work that there is some flight from Paris on august at 32€ for single travel & cheapest return 117€ (return tickets are usually more expensive, maybe i will have a look or spanish company except Vueling: lowest price is the same for return with 10€ add) is there any spanish lowcost company beside vueling that anyone can recommand? as sometimes it s cheaper to buy one single from ur country website & one return from ibiza website & never single/return from same company...
i guess ibiza august trip may be an option 14 to 15 days for me (beside opening & closing)...lack the question of the housing as price are insane on aug (wonder if i can manage to sleep in the beach as ive done my first day in ibz summer 99 in figueretas beach ) or 3 days in a row without hotel(having shower in pool of some random hotel :p & my mate eating at the hotel we've been last week :D, weird that staff didnt check :lol:)while stretching our booking summer 2002 (rule of thum , never sleep in the car :lol:, better on the beach:oops:)

Back