Ibiza-stylee nights out in the UK (preferably the West Midlands!)

Helen989

Can people please help me out with some suggestions for good "ibiza stylee" nights out in the UK, but preferably the West Mids as I am from Birmingham. After my first holiday to ibiza in 2005 I came back feeling really hard done by that all the nights in Brum are cra*p, the venues, the music, no big name dj's, no decent house nights, no trance or electro, it really is pretty bland for such a big city. There is a club called Bushwackers that is known for being pretty good as lots of ibiza clubbers I know go there but I haven't checked it out yet...it doesn't get going till about 3am as it's open till about 7 and I can hear people groaning as I say this but I really am not up for staying out till 7am in this country when I've got work all week etc, it's totally different when I'm on hol but long gone are my days of staying up all weekend and then spending all the next week recovering. I just want a good night where I can have a good dance, to give you an idea of what I'm into, my fav nights in Ibiza are Subliminal, Carl Cox, Judgement Sundays and Cream...bit of a mix! I know London has a wide choice but I can't help but think is B'ham really that crap or am I walking around with my eyes closed??? Back in the day I used to go to Flashback parties (old skool) and a night called Crunch which was an amazing house night and also Wobble but there doesn't seem to be anything similar anymore.....all suggestions welcome......x

Can people please help me out with some suggestions for good "ibiza stylee" nights out in the UK, but preferably the West Mids as I am from Birmingham. After my first holiday to ibiza in 2005 I came back feeling really hard done by that all the nights in Brum are cra*p, the venues, the music, no big name dj's, no decent house nights, no trance or electro, it really is pretty bland for such a big city. There is a club called Bushwackers that is known for being pretty good as lots of ibiza clubbers I know go there but I haven't checked it out yet...it doesn't get going till about 3am as it's open till about 7 and I can hear people groaning as I say this but I really am not up for staying out till 7am in this country when I've got work all week etc, it's totally different when I'm on hol but long gone are my days of staying up all weekend and then spending all the next week recovering. I just want a good night where I can have a good dance, to give you an idea of what I'm into, my fav nights in Ibiza are Subliminal, Carl Cox, Judgement Sundays and Cream...bit of a mix! I know London has a wide choice but I can't help but think is B'ham really that crap or am I walking around with my eyes closed??? Back in the day I used to go to Flashback parties (old skool) and a night called Crunch which was an amazing house night and also Wobble but there doesn't seem to be anything similar anymore.....all suggestions welcome......x

Hey Helen,

Below is pretty good, they normally do daytime parties up at the rainbow pub in digbeth usually on a bank holiday, depending on the weather it should be outdoors. They do several other parties around the city but its not a weekly thing. They have an event in october that might be of interest. Here's there myspace www.myspace.com/BELOWDAYTIME

Good luck ;)

rainbow warehouse&pub/custard factory/que club/concrete/air/dragon eye/boho rooms/rootys/bash bar. All of which are in birmingham and home to a variety of underground music. House/electro/techno/trance the usual.

although i hate this site, check out http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/birmingham.

My personally favourites have to be Custard factory/and the rainbow warehouse. Some top nights going on at those two.

clubbing in brum is dull and orange.

there's many good nights on.

ultra+
below
cream(although they have well over done the classics thing)
cocoon is here again in october. no sven though
magnetik is usually good electro.
electrocity

most run monthly so there's always something on, its not quite london scale, buts its home.8)

Hey Helen,

Below is pretty good, they normally do daytime parties up at the rainbow pub in digbeth usually on a bank holiday, depending on the weather it should be outdoors. They do several other parties around the city but its not a weekly thing. They have an event in october that might be of interest. Here's there myspace www.myspace.com/BELOWDAYTIME

Good luck ;)

Thanx Moondust, I'd heard of the Rainbow Pub as some friends who were in ibiza at the same time as me were going there when they got back, doesn't look like there's anything on this bank hol but I will def check out Below when its next on, thanks for the link!

there's many good nights on.

ultra+
below
cream(although they have well over done the classics thing)
cocoon is here again in october. no sven though
magnetik is usually good electro.
electrocity

most run monthly so there's always something on, its not quite london scale, buts its home.8)

You say Cocoon is back in October, got any more details on that? (Venue, date in Oct etc) i know my mates travelled from South Wales for the last one which i believe was in the Qclub and loved it.... it would be nice to actually come along this time.

rainbow warehouse&pub/custard factory/que club/concrete/air/dragon eye/boho rooms/rootys/bash bar. All of which are in birmingham and home to a variety of underground music. House/electro/techno/trance the usual.

although i hate this site, check out http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/birmingham.

My personally favourites have to be Custard factory/and the rainbow warehouse. Some top nights going on at those two.

Yer I had a few reservations about Bushwackers so thanks for confirming the wana be crowd it attracts. I know Space is at Q club soon, hopefully will be a good one although Q Club isn't my fav of venues, I'm prob going to Polysexual at Air now this bank hol as I haven't been for years, never heard of Concrete, Roots or Bash Bar, I'll check them out, thanks!:)

Yer I had a few reservations about Bushwackers so thanks for confirming the wana be crowd it attracts. I know Space is at Q club soon, hopefully will be a good one although Q Club isn't my fav of venues, I'm prob going to Polysexual at Air now this bank hol as I haven't been for years, never heard of Concrete, Roots or Bash Bar, I'll check them out, thanks!:)

its actually the end of September m8, my bad details below:

Saturday 27th September
COCOON WAREHOUSE PARTY
The Rainbow Warehouse, Adderley St, DIgbeth, Birmingham
Featuring :
JOSH WINK
TOBI NEUMANN
REBEKAH & MORE TBA

This usually includes the beach(same venue), where i saw mr gee from bora bora play a few weeks ago. Its one of my favourite venues in brum. It really depends on ur preferences - dont expect glam here! :lol:

its actually the end of September m8, my bad details below:

Saturday 27th September
COCOON WAREHOUSE PARTY
The Rainbow Warehouse, Adderley St, DIgbeth, Birmingham
Featuring :
JOSH WINK
TOBI NEUMANN
REBEKAH & MORE TBA

This usually includes the beach(same venue), where i saw mr gee from bora bora play a few weeks ago. Its one of my favourite venues in brum. It really depends on ur preferences - dont expect glam here! :lol:

Cool, Im guna try out Rainbow Warehouse on the 27th then, I know it's not spoz to be too glam (and I do prefer glam) but I've heard good things and I just want some decent music for a change. I can't go to the next Below event in Oct as I'm on holiday but I'm going to try Space at Q club and Cocoon at Rainbow and see what parties my city can offer nowadays! Wobble at The Venue (now burnt down) was a great night!

Brum has plenty of good nights! It's no Manchester or London, but it punches above the rest. Cocoon was there a little while back for starters!

Just keep an eye out in Mixmag/DJ Mag for what's going on.

Air has some good nights when they're not hosting Hardcore or D'n'B nights.

Sadly I'm at uni in Coventry so the closest we get to a good night is Paul Oakenfold at the skydome.:spank::spank::spank::spank:

EDIT: Also I was in Brum on Saturday and at the bus stop by the Bullring (50 stop) they were advertising a Space night in October.

Space as in the club, obviously. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer I'm guna check out Space at Q club, its on Sat 6th Sept as far as I'm aware, I haven't been to Q club since the years of Flashback there, I'm not expecting too much venue wise as my friend went recently and it was a bit grim and the clientel in the queue were very much on the chavvy side (to say it politely) but hopefully not for Space!

I take it back, Brum DOES have some wicked ibiza stylee nights, went to Below at The Rainbow Warehouse last night and absolutely loved it, fantastic music and it even had a little terrace where the roof pulls back and you can party outside, I'm def going to go again for Cocoon at the end of the month! :) hurrah!

I take it back, Brum DOES have some wicked ibiza stylee nights, went to Below at The Rainbow Warehouse last night and absolutely loved it, fantastic music and it even had a little terrace where the roof pulls back and you can party outside, I'm def going to go again for Cocoon at the end of the month! :) hurrah!

Glad you enjoyed it, below is fantastic. I'm pretty sure it took place in the pub? Sound like it with the retractable roof. The warehouse is behind it with a cool beach smoking area, which is where cocoon is held, see ya there :twisted:

Back