Ibiza Spotlight in conversation with Solomun

Let’s hear what jackmaster has to say for himself too. He’s going to be a fixture on the island next season. Would be interesting to hear what he has learned.

De Witte and Sasha were very good calls.

Turn the tables on Pete Tong. I’d be interested in hearing his music business perspective on where the island will be in a decade. Alfredo, Pippi, Reche would also give interesting perspectives on the future having endured as long as they have.

And get Darius Syrossian pissed and he will tell us a lot about how things really operate, if you can stop him talking about himself for long enough.

Let’s hear what jackmaster has to say for himself too. He’s going to be a fixture on the island next season. Would be interesting to hear what he has learned.

De Witte and Sasha were very good calls.

Turn the tables on Pete Tong. I’d be interested in hearing his music business perspective on where the island will be in a decade. Alfredo, Pippi, Reche would also give interesting perspectives on the future having endured as long as they have.

And get Darius Syrossian pissed and he will tell us a lot about how things really operate, if you can stop him talking about himself for long enough.

I Like the Pete Tong Idea. When he does the IMS interviews he gives hints of strong opinions on both the scene and the music. Would be good to hear exactly what he really thinks.

JJ has a lot of credit in the bank with me, as he was brilliant at Slinky, Gods, Gatecrasher and of course Judgement when it started in early 2000s. But if I had to ask one question, it would be, why in recent years has he started using awful crappy jingles every so often in his sets saying things like “somebody make some noise”? Awful and even a wedding dj would cringe at them.

Seems like NFL where players are trying to get long contracts with guarenteed money. I'm sure if someone offered him the same he'd jump ship, instead of a year by year thing. I'm not too sure how it all works so maybe I'll pipe down lol
Clearly has a contract that also gives him some freedom to play all the other venues. Mutually beneficial.

Out of curiosity, in terms of Ibiza personalities, who would Spotlighters put forward as suggestions for interview in the future?
Bear in mind that Sven was done 4-5 years ago and we also did Solardo last summer.
There's a full archive here to jog those memories, though this includes written as well as video
Digweed, maybe not a big Ibiza “personality” but played annually and held residencies and all the best nights and venues since the 90s, such a private character and clearly doesn’t crave any celebrity status.

Dixon would be excellent as well.

From my understanding, Digweed very rarely does face to face interviews and is deeply private.
He actually lives not far from me in the UK.
2 or so years ago there was a story in our local paper that a woman had been found guilty of stalking him.
The story annoyed me as they used press shots of him from about 20 year ago!!

Back