Ibiza Spotlight in conversation with Solomun

Out of curiosity, in terms of Ibiza personalities, who would Spotlighters put forward as suggestions for interview in the future?
Bear in mind that Sven was done 4-5 years ago and we also did Solardo last summer.
There's a full archive here to jog those memories, though this includes written as well as video

Out of curiosity, in terms of Ibiza personalities, who would Spotlighters put forward as suggestions for interview in the future?
Bear in mind that Sven was done 4-5 years ago and we also did Solardo last summer.
There's a full archive here to jog those memories, though this includes written as well as video
DJ Harvey maybe

I enjoy interviews with the people behind the clubs.
Pepe, urgell etc
An interview with the matutes would be interesting, I don't know much about them and only info I read is mostly negative.

DJ Harvey maybe

I enjoy interviews with the people behind the clubs.
Pepe, urgell etc
An interview with the matutes would be interesting, I don't know much about them and only info I read is mostly negative.

Those interviews are the most fun. Artists are too moulded by the PR companies. Promoters and behind the scenes personnel, not so much! Harvey would certainly be cool - and very honest too. I don't think he does many though

Plenty of "lower profile" island and Balearic infused people that would certainly make for intriguing chats. However from what I understand, not many of Spotlights predominantly younger fans want to hear about how much better things were back in the day. So, of the bigger players it would be interesting to hear from the likes of:

Carl Cox
Full house wherever he goes yet opinion always seems so divided on here.

Peggy Gou
Again at times divides opinion and brand partnerships etc etc aside she always seems to deliver on the island from what I read on here. Would make for a great interviewee.

Pepe Rosello
Say no more.

Ida Engberg
Music, industry and island dwelling insights along with her eco & spiritual philosophies. Adam can come along too if he's free.

Dixon
From a handful of appearances to a weekly residency. How did he find his first year in deep? Where does he get his foil jumpers from? Did he connect with the island when he wasn't playing? I remember an interview with Black Coffee a while back re his Hi residency and he basically said he arrives, plays and leaves or else just chills out in his hotel room afterwards before jetting off again.

Wayne Lineker & Tony Truman
Hear me out... No matter your opinion, they're doing something right for their own specific crowd and their crowd seem to be having a blast. Along with Simon Dunmore, they've put a lot of faith and Euro in San An.

Annie Mac
Quite the career trajectory covering so many bases building to her own brand and festival.

Charlotte de Witte
Always fascinating to hear from someone on the rise and how they're handling things. I see her talked about a hell of a lot.

Hear me out... No matter your opinion, they're doing something right for their own specific crowd and their crowd seem to be having a blast. Along with Simon Dunmore, they've put a lot of faith and Euro in San An.

Interesting you mention these ones. Very similarly to you, I think they'd have a story to tell.

Re: Charlotte - I agree too. I interviewed here a few years ago when i was very green. When Pete Tong interviewed her at IMS in May, he didn't cover any new ground that I hadn't - and, indeed, anybody else who has interviewed her since she got big.

Plenty of "lower profile" island and Balearic infused people that would certainly make for intriguing chats. However from what I understand, not many of Spotlights predominantly younger fans want to hear about how much better things were back in the day. So, of the bigger players it would be interesting to hear from the likes of:

Carl Cox
Full house wherever he goes yet opinion always seems so divided on here.

Peggy Gou
Again at times divides opinion and brand partnerships etc etc aside she always seems to deliver on the island from what I read on here. Would make for a great interviewee.

Pepe Rosello
Say no more.

Ida Engberg
Music, industry and island dwelling insights along with her eco & spiritual philosophies. Adam can come along too if he's free.

Dixon
From a handful of appearances to a weekly residency. How did he find his first year in deep? Where does he get his foil jumpers from? Did he connect with the island when he wasn't playing? I remember an interview with Black Coffee a while back re his Hi residency and he basically said he arrives, plays and leaves or else just chills out in his hotel room afterwards before jetting off again.

Annie Mac
Quite the career trajectory covering so many bases building to her own brand and festival.

Charlotte de Witte
Always fascinating to hear from someone on the rise and how they're handling things. I see her talked about a hell of a lot.
I'm glad you mentioned Lineker lol I was afraid to mention it incase of backlash haha.
I would definitely be interested to hear what they have to say.

Although your other points, Cox, Gou, Annie mac, de witte nah I don't think I'd be in a rush to tune in.

Not sure Annie Mac is overly Ibiza relevant is she? Certainly the last few years. Bit too UK-centric too.

Gou & CDW would be interesting but possibly a bit too closely managed to get anything good? I dunno how this stuff works though.

I’d be interested to hear from the Circo Loco lot... given their longevity but also how things have changed, gone global etc

Back