Ibiza September

Uncle_Sevo

I got back 3 weeks ago and want to book already for next year. It will be my 6th time but ive never been in September before. Im looking at going at the start of Sept for 2 weeks. Obviously its not gonna be as hot as july Aug but is the weather then still decent? And is it still busy over there then?
Like I say we got back 3 weeks ago and I thought the clubs were too packed, Cocoon was a joke. Is it more comphy in the clubs round September. The weather being abit cooler wouldnt bother me but I wouldnt want to get there and it to be dead

I have been there in Sept the last 2 years and loved it. I went second/third week and it was still lovely and hot and still busy. Loads of good deals on drinks in the bars and places are not as busy as peak times and its a bit better.

Hmmm. About the September weather, I land for a week on the 15th (hotel booked through Ibiza Spotlight, natch!) and the advance forecast is thunderstorm after thunderstorm....probably until the day I leave :-(
This is because, naturally, a huge "high" pressure is hanging over the UK bringing wonderful late summer heat and sunshine to the UK, but leaving a depressing "low" over the western Med, which thunderstorms eat for breakfast at this time of year.
Still a few days for the forecasts to be wrong, but it seems to me that in the last few years, the Ibizan spring and autumn unsettled weather is encroaching more and more into the summer season.

Oh that doesnt sound too good does it. I do plan on going the very start of September 3rd to the 18th. The this september so far has been good and is forecast to be good until atleast Sunday. Wouldnt take much noticed of weather forecasts until couple days before to b honest

Wouldn;t take much notice of weather forecasts untill you look out of your window.funny weather in ibiza anytime of year.sunny in one resort rain in another.but begin there is better than home.no work of stuff you normanlly do

I was going to post the same thing, been great weather on the forcast and now that I can see the days I'm going to be there it's forcast for stroms :lol: typical!

we got back last friday and the weather had been fantastic, had we believed the bbc website we should have taken waterproofs etc and expected clouds most days,
for the last few years we have found its better to check with bbc and then pack clothes for the opposite..they never seem to get it right!

we got back last friday and the weather had been fantastic, had we believed the bbc website we should have taken waterproofs etc and expected clouds most days,
for the last few years we have found its better to check with bbc and then pack clothes for the opposite..they never seem to get it right!

I agree, when we went early August in 2007 the BBC had full sun forecast for the whole time we were there but in reality it rained for 4 out of the 5 days.

true, but there is nothing worse than having another summer of bad weather in the uk, looking forward to your holiday and making that big mistake of checking what the weather outlook is just to see loads of clouds on the forecasts !
anyway its been cracking the flags here today so role on monday when i can chat about it with the other pensioners in the queue

nothing wrong with taking a waterproof mac.or even buying one over there.if you had been there last oct.when it turned bad.people were offering me money to borrow my mac.just to get out.others turned to making a coat out of binliners.just to get out and about.

me i am no pensioner but like to be dry if possible.4 days nearly stuck in the hotel would off sent me over the top.lucky shops bar were only across the road from my hotel in pdb.had to take long way round to avoid sewers overflowing.

only bad thing i left my shoes out in all that early storm we had.and left my window open a little.walls were wet through plus the single bed in my room.but the double bed was dry.

around 8/9 oct

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll join the queue at the post office,last october got a bit wet,caught a cold and had to take some medicine called veterano .
Last may took brolly and waterproof jacket (just in case) it was cloudy at times, but the only rain was a couple of minutes worth in Eivissa,needless to say did'nt have brolly with us :rolleyes:
Had thunder and rain 26th august,was actually under sun umbrella on the beach,which almost emptied,all over in an hour!
October ??

just realised I've not mentioned september at all,sorry about that,but I think the message is clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a few times in September over the years & despite the weather still feeling fairly hot with cooler evenings, thunderstorms it seem's were most frequent during late evening periods. However my times holidaying on Ibiza have never been spoilt through average/poor weather during this month for if it's raining then i just help prop up a bar:oops:.

Dave

I was going to post the same thing, been great weather on the forcast and now that I can see the days I'm going to be there it's forcast for stroms :lol: typical!
U stayin in Hotel Pacific from 16th Sept? I'm stayin there over on the 18th for a week with me mate can't wait just hope the weather gets better!!

I believe its raining there now, it is pi$$ing it down here on the mainland 8)

When returning yesterday on the ferry, there was quite a large tornado about 100 metres from the boat, it was very :eek:, was wipping the sea quite high in the sky, some women were panicking :lol:

Back