Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
taz will let you know his experience, but the following beaches were affected lately:

cala conta
cala bassa
cala gracioneta
cala boix
cala mastella

my advice: either go early or then late afternoon. if you rock up at cala conta at 2pm don't be surprised if you're being turned away
Add Benirras to the list above, especially if you plan to go on Sunday. If you do plan to go on Sunday, get there super early.

Our friend who did get there early said there were no drummers on Sunday evening, so bear that in mind.

Cala Conta had a GC check around midday.

Basically, if you don't want to risk it, get down to whatever beach you want to go to well before midday.

Do you think its flat because there are less people, or less people on "party supplies", or is it a demographic thing, less of the loud mouth youth ??

It sounds like when you try and relive a part of your childhood and everything seems different and ruins the memories.
Both.

We move to the Migjorn on Saturday. Santos yesterday had good music around the pool and a nice vibe. We asked a member of staff if it felt quieter and she said they were still busy, but with far fewer Brits.

Nice to see Ibiza more multi-national again and with lots of locals out. I definitely don't miss seeing wasted Brits!

I definitely agree that everyone - staff, locals and tourists - seem more relaxed and friendlier.
You'll basically have the Migjorn to yourself.

They should upgrade your accommodation, especially since you've been there before.

The usually amazing breakfast has been replaced by a fixed menu with three choices - basically a choice of fry up or pastries. Obviously this is understandable, given the massive buffet style options, cooked to order bits, etc, but it was obviously a bit of an anti-climax, especially for our daughter who loves going around and picking her own bits, but now ended up with bacon, eggs, and beans.... :)

As an aside, we are now looking to go to Crete instead of Ibiza at the end of August (after our two week quarantine), where you can get many lovely villas with pool for a week for less than £1000, and an insane villa with infinity pool that is ridiculous for just over £2500.... a similar villa in Ibiza for the same period is looking like around 6-7K.

@fatphilb didn't we once discuss travelling around Ibiza on donkeys? (poor donkeys in both cases..) there may have been strange cigs involved

keep those updates coming in. no great surprises really. the strange thing is there was live music on the costa brava all through July which the cops didn't shut down till midnight, so each police force must apply different criteria.

basically I'm still on the fence re Sept. I'd probably settle for audible music till 1am or something. I think there has to be some music otherwise I'll never persuade people to splash the cash

and why do you think those ibiza villa prices are so high in comparison to a non-clubbing island?

As an aside, we are now looking to go to Crete instead of Ibiza at the end of August (after our two week quarantine), where you can get many lovely villas with pool for a week for less than £1000, and an insane villa with infinity pool that is ridiculous for just over £2500.... a similar villa in Ibiza for the same period is looking like around 6-7K.
The quarantine rules make no sense on so many levels, but in case it affects your planning you might want to know you don’t have to wait two weeks. You’re allowed to leave quarantine to go to the airport and leave England on another trip. Not widely advertised - maybe because it’s kind of nuts - but it’s here in black and white at paragraph 4 , point 9, letter a.

The quarantine rules make no sense on so many levels, but in case it affects your planning you might want to know you don’t have to wait two weeks. You’re allowed to leave quarantine to go to the airport and leave England on another trip. Not widely advertised - maybe because it’s kind of nuts - but it’s here in black and white at paragraph 4 , point 9, letter a.
So does that mean you could land back in England, travel directly to Scotland and then not have to isolate on your return to England?

You are AMAZING - this is DEFINITELY helpful information to know!

Thank you so much!

interesting question - i don't think it has anything to do with the drugs. imo it's more because the locals are so flat which robs the island of so much of its buzz.

I'd agree that it's not about the drugs - it's because you always know something could happen. If you're planning on a chilled day, it could easily turn into an allnighter. You know that all around you, people have been up to and will be getting up to all sorts. And hearing house music in Ibiza just puts you in a good mood instantly.

IMO the vibe is flat because the spark is simply missing this summer. there are no parties (or let's say hardly any) and the consequence of that is the crazy and colourful crowd is missing. it's what makes ibiza unique and this year it is indeed like any other island in the mediterranean.

it's because you always know something could happen. If you're planning on a chilled day, it could easily turn into an allnighter. You know that all around you, people have been up to and will be getting up to all sorts.

?

IMO the vibe is flat because the spark is simply missing this summer. there are no parties (or let's say hardly any) and the consequence of that is the crazy and colourful crowd is missing. it's what makes ibiza unique and this year it is indeed like any other island in the mediterranean.
True. But you have to wonder what the plan will be going forward in case clubbing/nightlife does not return before 2022?? Are they quitting on the 21 season as well and letting the local economy die completely? As i've written in the german section the other day....Mallorca at least is trying to somewhat save the 2020 season a bit, cutting hotel prices by 30-40%, bringing in as many tourists as possible and allowing autonomos to make some profit before the season over. As a result tourist numbers on short term bookings are surging and basically all restaurants, bars & shops in the main resort Palma Beach are open and people have jobs. Compare that to PDB/Ibiza. There they have done pretty much nothing to attract more customers this season, instead hotels are charging the same over the top rates as if Ibiza was in full swing and Corona a thing of the past. Mind blowing. I am sure many were intrigued to come to IBZ this summer despite the lack of nightlife (me included) but were simpley turned away by insane rates for what basically is a beach holiday. To no surprise...never a good thing when a beach resort like Bossa is essentially owned by one company that controlls it's destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back