Ibiza right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be able to dance round your table for God's sake
Looks like people didnt get that we cant dance in ibz ,even close to your seat.
Sometimes staff chili n let you eg Bora bora
Las dalias.
But in Tantra you can do sneeky dance,until staff told u to seat.when seat use only the top of your body,to make moves same for bars in Harbor

At night ,inside Bora Bora Enigma Rio above, u can dance ,but some ask bottle service or entry fee
For bars,no point to stay in terrace as sound sounds mute.22,
Rent a villa boat If looking for parties
For lucky people,dayly private parties ON
Ps:along my ibz ridés i got my fix of kickin tunes ,driving,pumpin fist in the air

Last edited:

Not cheap, but i suppose you need to weigh up the factors. In normal times, they'd have a lot of competition. Zoo Project is usually reasonably priced because it has to compete with bigger fish. This year, there's practically no competition at all. Plus, this a whole new different concept. You're paying for the show they're producing, not just admission and the food/drink. They've obviously made some investment and training, on top of the money they've already lost
I would say, arguably you might be getting better value here than you would at O Beach/Ibiza Rocks for the extra entertainment
I don't think €70 is a lot during a week's holiday when you eliminate the cost of what a clubbing holiday usually costs, though i do understand why at face value it seems a lot

Just got back yesterday evening - we stayed in a villa in San Miguel De Balansat, and the the Migjorn hotel in PDB.

We were going to stay out there until the end of August, but a number of factors contributed to our return:

o My girlfriend's boss flip-flopping on whether she could work remotely from Ibiza (probably the main reason)
o Our unrealistic expectations regarding costs
o Accommodation (at least the places we looked at) was still relatively expensive (we looked on AirBnB, and through friends who live there)
o Most of the places we ate and had drinks were priced the same as any other season
o Being turned away from numerous beaches due to restrictions; understandable, but not much fun
o Lack of music anywhere, including shops in Ibiza town
o The ridiculous level of Guardia Civil presence / road blocks - clearly bored. Machine guns and tyre spikes seem a bit excessive when pulling over families and old ladies
o The inconsistent message around masks - we felt it a bit unfair to be wearing them everywhere (we followed the rules) when many / most of the locals (other than those working) and a good amount of the tourists seemed to not care. Ironically, it was mainly English people who continued to wear them, while the French, Dutch, and German tourists either didn't bother, or made a halfhearted attempt, having one ready on their wrists
o The whole island feeling a bit flat; and many of the people we met expressing happiness and glee that there were no clubbers. We met a number of people who lived on and that worked in various businesses on the island, who had nothing but negative things to say about the clubbers and music tourists who frequent the island, saying how glad they were that they weren't there this year, all the while not knowing that, actually, that includes us also

There were a number of positives, of course:

o We were there with our daughter, and have been a number of times before - however, other children and families were a lot more friendly to us this time around (perhaps, again, because they assumed we were not clubbers)
o The water and beaches everywhere were very clean and clear
o The weather was fantastic throughout
o Service was generally more pleasant, more helpful, and more efficient
o The Migjorn itself was playing music around the pool, with no masks required throughout the hotel, which felt a little bit like normality, other than the fact it was half empty

We had a pretty good time - especially the last two days, where we just gave up and spent a bit of money trying to end on a good note, including renting a boat which took us to some secret coves around the North West of the island - but, for me, this is probably the worst visit to Ibiza in the 35+ times I have been there; while also being one of the most expensive.

While part of me is sad that we didn't stay longer, part of me is glad that we are back; and that's never happened before.

Just got back yesterday evening - we stayed in a villa in San Miguel De Balansat, and the the Migjorn hotel in PDB.

We were going to stay out there until the end of August, but a number of factors contributed to our return:

o My girlfriend's boss flip-flopping on whether she could work remotely from Ibiza (probably the main reason)
o Accommodation (at least the places we looked at) was still relatively expensive (we looked on AirBnB, and through friends who live there)
o Most of the places we ate and had drinks were priced the same as any other season
o Being turned away from numerous beaches due to restrictions; understandable, but not much fun
o The ridiculous level of Guardia Civil presence / road blocks - clearly bored. Machine guns and tyre spikes seem a bit excessive when pulling over families and old ladies
o The inconsistent message around masks - we felt it a bit unfair to be wearing them everywhere (we followed the rules) when many / most of the locals (other than those working) and a good amount of the tourists seemed to not care. Ironically, it was mainly English people who continued to wear them, while the French, Dutch, and German tourists either didn't bother, or made a halfhearted attempt, having one ready on their wrists
o The whole island feeling a bit flat; and many of the people we met expressing happiness and glee that there were no clubbers. We met a number of people who lived on and that worked in various businesses on the island, who had nothing but negative things to say about the clubbers and music tourists who frequent the island, saying how glad they were that they weren't there this year, all the while not knowing that, actually, that includes us also

o We were there with our daughter, and have been a number of times before - however, other children and families were a lot more friendly to us this time around (perhaps, again, because they assumed we were not clubbers)
o The Migjorn itself was playing music around the pool, with no masks required throughout the hotel, which felt a little bit like normality, other than the fact it was half empty

We had a pretty good time - especially the last two days, where we just gave up and spent a bit of money trying to end on a good note, including renting a boat which took us to some secret coves around the North West of the island - but, for me, this is probably the worst visit to Ibiza in the 35+ times I have been there; while also being one of the most expensive.

While part of me is sad that we didn't stay longer, part of me is glad that we are back; and that's never happened before.
Great post

Do you think its flat because there are less people, or less people on "party supplies", or is it a demographic thing, less of the loud mouth youth ??

It sounds like when you try and relive a part of your childhood and everything seems different and ruins the memories.

Good honest review.

My friends who went a few weeks ago were first timers (poor them!) who really enjoyed it, who still found fun ? they said it was slightly subdued with the table service but overall glad they went.

The people who do not want the clubbers may be short-sighted, for many reasons but many of those clubbers get older and become the regular tourist the tourist industry craves.

Great review mate, and very useful for those of us wavering. The beach thing would definately p*ss you off, especially if you got the bus there...I think a car is essential this year if we end up making it....

We move to the Migjorn on Saturday. Santos yesterday had good music around the pool and a nice vibe. We asked a member of staff if it felt quieter and she said they were still busy, but with far fewer Brits.

Nice to see Ibiza more multi-national again and with lots of locals out. I definitely don't miss seeing wasted Brits!

I definitely agree that everyone - staff, locals and tourists - seem more relaxed and friendlier.

Also, which beaches turned you away and roughly at what time?

taz will let you know his experience, but the following beaches were affected lately:

cala conta
cala bassa
cala gracioneta
cala boix
cala mastella

my advice: either go early or then late afternoon. if you rock up at cala conta at 2pm don't be surprised if you're being turned away

Do you think its flat because there are less people, or less people on "party supplies", or is it a demographic thing, less of the loud mouth youth ??

It sounds like when you try and relive a part of your childhood and everything seems different and ruins the memories.

interesting question - i don't think it has anything to do with the drugs. imo it's more because the locals are so flat which robs the island of so much of its buzz.

great review tazlondon!! warts and all. thanks for taking the time to post ? ?

p.s. don't listen to a handful of anti-clubbing locals who'd like to set ibiza back to the 50s where transport was by donkey and there were no hotels :spank: ??, the vast majority have no problem with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back