Ibiza Police.......beware or just be smart?

ascendia said:
i have a nasty experince with them from years back, when they treatened to kill my boyfriend(put a gun to his head, & says ' tomato') i was 18 and terrified.

he had been stupid yes, but the whole expereince left scars in his psyche for sure.

there was stories going around about the guardia civil, that they would take people, and they were never to be seen again. this is more than 10 years ago and on majorca, they might have changed their tune since then... but back then they were the last remains of franco, and people were petrefied of them.

I don't like Guardia Civil, but just for personal reasons and belives. I have to say that I have never heard about la guardia civil taking people ten years ago in Mallorca. Mallorca and Spain, 10 years ago, it was a civilizated country.

what happend to him in whole(the whole story is......too extreme for a public forum), went to show they were still facist w@nkers.

hold on, before this go's too far. what a lot of people are forgetting is what Europe used to be like about 5-10 years ago.

It was not uncommon then for police on the mainland to pull guns on people so as to scare them.

I remember driving through Yugoslavia with my dad as a kid and a copper pulled us over for having our main beams switched on. apparently in Yugoslavia this was illegal. The fact that we were driving on a mountain with no barriers and it was pitch black with zero street lighting didn't matter.

anyway they pulled us over and started speaking to us in some foreign language which we couldn't understand. In his frustration the young officer pulled a gun and held it to my dads head.

We quickly stopped arguing with them and manged to diffuse things.

The point is these sort of occurences were normal back then. Nowadays they are more rare. If you piss of the Guardia Civil, you got to be really stupid and willing to take a punch.

Otherwise treat them with respect and they will do so with you to.

all of the Ibiza police are fine - UNLESS YOU BREAK THE LAW - then whatever happens is your fault.

Tony said:
all of the Ibiza police are fine - UNLESS YOU BREAK THE LAW - then whatever happens is your fault.

So after you appear to have broken the law (because it takes a TRIAL to determine that doesn't it?) it is ok for them to beat the crap out of you and your girlfriend in full view of everyone outside Bar M on a busy night... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Maybe i have interpreted your argument wrongly, but I wouldn't like to live under your justice system Tony.

I have some experience of the Spainish police as a couple of years ago me & a friend were arrested in Barcelona for something we didn't do, a couple of english lads had committed some vandalism outside a nightclub we had just left, as we fitted the "description" we were arrested).

Although several people came to the police station confirming that we were not the offenders, we spent three days in prison and had to appear in front of a judge before we were released.

After being released we contacted the British Consulate who advised us that the police had acted correctly.

Looking back at it, I feel we should have protested our case on the street with the arresting officers - things got a whole lot more serious when we got back to the police station and we were just presumed to be guilty.

I have no bitterness towards the Spainish police, but I certainly wouldn't like to repeat the experience.

My advice with regard to Ibiza would go further than what most people recommend in that I would advise everyone to be even more careful and more sensible then when they are at home and you should have a trouble-free trip 8)

pie said:
what is the difference between the police and the guardia civil!?

I asked this a while ago, someone did a really good reply, theres about 3-4 sorts of police! :rolleyes:

I'll do a search in a min.......

Red said:
Tony said:

So after you appear to have broken the law (because it takes a TRIAL to determine that doesn't it?) it is ok for them to beat the crap out of you and your girlfriend in full view of everyone outside Bar M on a busy night... I've seen it with my own eyes.

Maybe i have interpreted your argument wrongly, but I wouldn't like to live under your justice system Tony.
Im that all the english in Ibiza behave so well that the police simply beats the crap out of them because of making some exercise(and im sure they dont do that often)...GOD PLEASE!!! if you think that o our police stay in YOUR country :evil: :evil: :evil:

You r right :D
ill introduce to the spotlight people in Ibiza one of my party friends that is coming to ibiza and he is a guardia civil :eek: 8)

Back