Ibiza parties and clubs prices discussion

And of course that €141m in ticket sales generate ~20% tax revenue? Or whatever the sales tax is?

Well, isn't the principle of electronic music that it should be open for everyone?

Of course Ibiza always is/was an exception (which becomes crazier and crazier), but when you see the developments around the globe, it's anxiety-inducing... there are a lot of examples for "rich only" events - the local music lover with the average income gets left out (Harveys club in Bali, keinemusik events - for example Egypt, Business Techno Tanzania, Garbicz etc.).

I absolutely understand that successful DJs want to earn some money, but there are more and more acts/promoters which ignore moral principles and the roots of electronic music completely.

Of course, but you need to look beyond the big names. These are ruthless businesses. They don't give a shit about you. You're just cattle.

There are still loads of things around Europe that cost peanuts. I go to a quality little dance festival in France every September that costs 50€ all weekend incl camping. No branding bullshit, egos or arseholes anywhere in sight. Just smiles.

But even Ibiza itself still has options. Look at Akasha for instance. I think the game is only up when everyone joins the disco mafia and starts charging 3 figure entrance fees. Then it really is all over.

Well, isn't the principle of electronic music that it should be open for everyone?

Of course Ibiza always is/was an exception (which becomes crazier and crazier), but when you see the developments around the globe, it's anxiety-inducing... there are a lot of examples for "rich only" events - the local music lover with the average income gets left out (Harveys club in Bali, keinemusik events - for example Egypt, Business Techno Tanzania, Garbicz etc.).

I absolutely understand that successful DJs want to earn some money, but there are more and more acts/promoters which ignore moral principles and the roots of electronic music completely.
They ignore it in Berlin at the Doors. Heard from people, they couldnt get in any Club there. Refused entrance at 3 or 4 doors. They looked like tourists ...

They ignore it in Berlin at the Doors. Heard from people, they couldnt get in any Club there. Refused entrance at 3 or 4 doors. They looked like tourists ...
This is so true! For my complaints about Ibiza prices, I followed 2 weeks in Ibiza with 2 in Berlin, I have to say- even with tickets there, you are not guaranteed entry- refused twice with tickets, and multiple "Not Today" lol (there classic line when rejecting Americans).. so, ultimately, the nights like Sage @ Pacha, any night @ Akasha, Heart, Pikes, and random one-offs (Cova Santa, blue Marlin, Amnesia,etc) might actually scratch the itch musically , while at least, guaranteeing entry. With that being said, the sheer volume of off grid venues in Berlin is mind numbing- went to a 3 day (nonstop) rave, in an older bunker, with 4 rooms, for less than 50 euro's and likely one of the most unique experiences of my life.

So from what I can summarise, people are pissed off about high ticket prices for events they probably wouldn't go to anyway, that generally sell out and are extremely popular full of loads of people having a great time. They also cost a lot of money to put on.

I mean, I wouldn't pay a tenner to see some acts in ibiza, but it doesn't bother me that 7000 other people would pay 100€.

I'm a dance music purist 100% and have not much interest in attending these pop events, but it's crazy to think that people are somehow not enjoying themselves at these events or just cattle or being ripped off. If they weren't enjoying it and it was so awful, people would stop going. Just cos you don't like Calvin Harris, doesn't mean that someone at that event isn't having an amazing experience.

This is so true! For my complaints about Ibiza prices, I followed 2 weeks in Ibiza with 2 in Berlin, I have to say- even with tickets there, you are not guaranteed entry- refused twice with tickets, and multiple "Not Today" lol (there classic line when rejecting Americans).. so, ultimately, the nights like Sage @ Pacha, any night @ Akasha, Heart, Pikes, and random one-offs (Cova Santa, blue Marlin, Amnesia,etc) might actually scratch the itch musically , while at least, guaranteeing entry. With that being said, the sheer volume of off grid venues in Berlin is mind numbing- went to a 3 day (nonstop) rave, in an older bunker, with 4 rooms, for less than 50 euro's and likely one of the most unique experiences of my life.
honestly this is one of the best things about ibiza IMO. the dance floor has total equality. there is no face control or door pickers, there is limited dress code and as long as you have a ticket, you're good to go.

it makes it the amazing melting pot that it is.

I've been a clubber all my life and love Berlin and had great times there, but also had many times when I was excluded and that's less dance music culture IMO than charging high prices for a popular act

Last edited:
Of course, but you need to look beyond the big names. These are ruthless businesses. They don't give a shit about you. You're just cattle.

There are still loads of things around Europe that cost peanuts. I go to a quality little dance festival in France every September that costs 50€ all weekend incl camping. No branding bullshit, egos or arseholes anywhere in sight. Just smiles.

But even Ibiza itself still has options. Look at Akasha for instance. I think the game is only up when everyone joins the disco mafia and starts charging 3 figure entrance fees. Then it really is all over.
Everything you've said here is the opposite of what Ibiza is about surely. Why so angry ? If 7000 people wanna go have the time of their life at Calvin Harris, isn't that ok for them ?

People are free to choose whatever they want to do, they are free to enjoy what they like and they do by the bucketload each week in different clubs year after year.

I mean, reading what you say, it sounds like Ibiza is some hell on earth with people being forced to pay money they don't have to be treated like shit by the machine. In reality, kids are having the time of their life in the best clubs in the world and happy to pay for it. If that wasn't true, the clubs wouldn't be full and the popular nights wouldn't exist.

Everything you've said here is the opposite of what Ibiza is about surely. Why so angry ? If 7000 people wanna go have the time of their life at Calvin Harris, isn't that ok for them ?

People are free to choose whatever they want to do, they are free to enjoy what they like and they do by the bucketload each week in different clubs year after year.

I mean, reading what you say, it sounds like Ibiza is some hell on earth with people being forced to pay money they don't have to be treated like shit by the machine. In reality, kids are having the time of their life in the best clubs in the world and happy to pay for it. If that wasn't true, the clubs wouldn't be full and the popular nights wouldn't exist.

Stop lying and twisting what I wrote

I think one of the positive things about higher ticket prices are smaller venues will thrive, allowing new talent to come through. The likes of underground (great place) should do very well. Psychologically, 100 a ticket is a barrier for some (but not for others). People will end up going out big every other night whereas before they’d be hell bent on banging every night.

Keep packing them in Greg👍
IMG_2094.jpeg

honestly this is one of the best things about ibiza IMO. the dance floor has total equality. there is no face control or door pickers, there is limited dress code and as long as you have a ticket, you're good to go.

it makes it the amazing melting pot that it is.

I've been a clubber all my life and love Berlin and had great times there, but also had many times when I was excluded and that's less dance music culture IMO than charging high prices for a popular act
Exactly! ultimately, realizing, nothing is perfect- when seeing the dichotomy between Ibiza vs. Berlin (back-to-back, trips) I had to say I appreciated the flat ticket, relaxed dress code, international crowd, of Ibiza. It's just a surefire guarantee that you'll meet some characters at Pikes, strike up a convo at the Pacha roof, relaxing, or walk right into clubs like Underground, or Cova Santa, while crossing paths with all walks of life, quite easily. It was almost a relief to get to Berlin for all my grips about VIP, Phones, etc, etc, and realize the opposite end of the spectrum has its issues to (made me appreciate Ibiza that much more!)- also seen in NY close to me, with Brooklyn clubs trying to mirror the "Not Today" attitude.. and it doesn't make me when to go there as much.

I was (maybe badly) making the point about value people attach to things. In the same way I wouldn't pay £160-£600 for a football Champions League Final ticket - which is pretty much their price this year. But all 90,000 tickets will be sold.
Lmao i hope my lass doesnt see this but i paid £1700 for a league cup final ticket last year never mind champs league:lol:

I think one of the positive things about higher ticket prices are smaller venues will thrive, allowing new talent to come through. The likes of underground (great place) should do very well. Psychologically, 100 a ticket is a barrier for some (but not for others). People will end up going out big every other night whereas before they’d be hell bent on banging every night.
Once word really gets around about pikes which it already is

Rip , another one bites the dust

Lmao i hope my lass doesnt see this but i paid £1700 for a league cup final ticket last year never mind champs league:lol:
I done a weeks wages for an England ticket at the 2006 World Cup, from a Scouse tout for a ticket from the Tanzanian FA. Young and frivolous. I’d never pay 3 figures to get into a nightclub now, sure I would of done ten years ago though if that was the price.

I’ve also noticed a fair few have now cottoned on to pikes, underground & chinos on social media

But they haven’t found the best club on the island yet🤐

Back