Ibiza on a shoestring?

resurrecting this thread for the benefit of the forum‘s unemployed contingent

Task 1: how to stow away unnoticed on a Balearia ferry

those of you self-catering, be warned aceite (olive oil) has gone up so much (10-11€ at some supermarkets), due to impact of drought 😭

those of you self-catering, be warned aceite (olive oil) has gone up so much (10-11€ at some supermarkets), due to impact of drought 😭
Ah, does that mean when sat at a bar table they won't be putting those horrid things in front of me? Can cope with the oil but not the olives themselves...

Tbf, I’d really noticed the increase in price UK already. I love the stuff, I think it’s still cheaper than beer?

Meat as well. jesus. good luck finding a good cut steak under 9-10€ at mercadona (usually the cheapest store)

Moaning about food prices. Feel the middle age :lol:

I have found taking a travel kettle, plastic beaker, plastic spoon/knife/fork, tin/can opener and a small plate invaluable for saving dosh.
So, when the euros are running out -
Lunch - half tin of new potatoes (empty into beaker, pour boiling water over, leave to stand for a minute), a few frankfurters (above process) and a sliced tomato on a plate + half baguette make a cheap half-decent meal!

Dinner, repeat process with what's left in the tins!

OK, I'm a cheapskate, but it leaves more money for the beer...!

How we all chuckled.. but if I don't get a job soon, I'll be hitting him up for further tips! 👀

The black market in travel kettles is through the roof!
With my flaming hay fever I'd take on and a dozen packets of Lemsip; but hoping by September it's a thing of the past! If I needed one I'd prob buy one over there and ditch it at the end of the hols along with parasol, half-used bottles of bath oil, shampoo etc.

I refuse to use in-hold baggage as it would invariably get lost, happy to pay the premium for two carry-on bags then they're with me all the time!!

As for budget etc - cheapest hol I ever had for food was last year when I got covid at the start of my Formentera week, and could only really face a bit of fruit (melon and bits of apple/orange) first thing in the morning, maybe a banana and ice cream during the day. Just didn't have the energy or will to eat.

Hay fever all is forgiven.....

Back