Ibiza Oil Boom?

1551550_10151877904796931_545663963_n.jpg

amazing:
one day @ vara de rey => 14.543 signatures !

"...
At press time , Alliance Mar Blava had collected , in one day , 14,532 claims : nearly 14,000 in Vara de Rey and 560 in the market of Saint Jordi , as reported by its coordinator, Carlos Bravo, and one of its spokesmen , Flower I dell'Agnolo .
"It was an incredible success ,
we are surprised by the response of the citizens
' Dell'Agnolo , announced that next Saturday will collect more in Abel Matutes Boulevard and in all municipalities of the island said.

" In a week we hope to reach 25,000 ' wanted to finish."Let's get to stop the polls ,
we are receiving support from all kinds of people on the island , of peasants , fishermen , clubs , other provinces , from abroad, many famous ... We want to keep our sea disfruntando " commented while they kept picking arguments , María José Estarellas and Marta Rojas, two of about 40 volunteers who were all day at Vara de Rey ...

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2014/01/26/parar-sondeos-petroliferos/670973.html

What is the mainland saying to all this? Is there support elsewhere for this action? The fear is that the state of the Spanish economy will mean Madrid will push forward regardless of the environmental consequences.

Also, do the forms have to be received in Ibiza by this Friday or posted by this Friday?

valencia and barcelona are also pretty active now. same goes for mallorca. the news are now also getting into the bigger spanish newspapers (el mundo etc) so hope it continues to grow. I think the forms need to be here by 7th Feb latest.

valencia and barcelona are also pretty active now. same goes for mallorca. the news are now also getting into the bigger spanish newspapers (el mundo etc) so hope it continues to grow. I think the forms need to be here by 7th Feb latest.

Cool. I'm gonna send a bunch over.

Just done my forms. While I feel slightly hypercritical that I jet to and from the UK every few months, and like fast cars, I don't want this. Especially as I haven't had much use out of my speargun yet.

very good and best summary regarding WHAT TO DO NOW is from ibiza-voice.
just follow their instructions =>

"...
...the script of a horror movie it’s not enough to share pics with #EivissaDiuNo tag or to sign the petition at Change.org – though you are encouraged to do both to spread awareness.

The legally acknowledged and the most efficient way of exercising public pressure on the Spanish Government is to sign the printed version of petition, which can be done in two ways.

The first way is to come on Saturday, January 25, to Vara de Rey from 11am to 6pm with a copy of your NIE or passport. Petitions will also be distributed at weekend markets in Sant Jordi, Cala Llenya, Forada and Sant Joan, and after 9pm you can find them in Grial bar.

The second way is to print the petition in 3 copies per person from here:
alianzamarblava.org/es/blog/alegar-proyecto/ and send it by regular post to:
WORLDFAMILYIBIZA, APDO 160, 07810 SANT JOAN, IBIZA, ESPAÑA.

Note:
the form has to be sent in Spanish!
You can download the English version for your personal information, but if you submit it,
it won’t count.
The signatures on all the three copies must be original, no photocopies please.

We need to accumulate 30 000 signed petitions by February 10 – please be quick if you use the post, because the post is slow!

You don’t necessarily have to be Ibiza resident to sign the petition – No matter where you live, join the campaign and help us protect our beloved island together!
..."

Hey guys, is it possible to scan the form in and send it by mail?
Guess it might be too late to send it by now and hoping they arrive by Feb 6th :cry:

Back