Ibiza Marathon - 3 October 2020

The organisers are pretty useless, they told me the April 2021 date was Saturday 3rd April a few months ago. Now they put it on the following weekend. Glad I did not rebook flights and hotel from their email and waited for an official date on the website.

As most U.K. marathons in the spring have been cancelled or postponed, I’m really hoping this one goes ahead. Guess time will tell!

Not marathon related but Ibiza race related. There is a series of races taking place this weekend, not so many runners as the marathon but operated as Covid secure events. Start times have been adjusted for curfew and a rolling start. Races can get a special licence allowing visitors from outside the Balearics to travel here. Also another race taking place on 8th December in Formentera. I would take these as positive signs that April could happen.

Wondering if the 2021 marathon actually happened? Couldn’t find any results so assume it didn’t. I see that there’s a 2022 date of 9 April, which I’m really tempted to book, but this seems to have been rearranged so many times, it’s a bit worrying to plan a break around the marathon. Least of all that the website doesn’t seem to have had a massive update for 2022. Not really up to date with all things covid in Spain, but assume there’s no reason at the moment that it can’t go ahead? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Edit - seen the Insta and it did happen. But no obvious results page, which is a bit strange. Anyone do run it?

Last edited:
Wondering if the 2021 marathon actually happened? Couldn’t find any results so assume it didn’t. I see that there’s a 2022 date of 9 April, which I’m really tempted to book, but this seems to have been rearranged so many times, it’s a bit worrying to plan a break around the marathon. Least of all that the website doesn’t seem to have had a massive update for 2022. Not really up to date with all things covid in Spain, but assume there’s no reason at the moment that it can’t go ahead? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Edit - seen the Insta and it did happen. But no obvious results page, which is a bit strange. Anyone do run it?
I would suggest that unless there is a very significant twist in the situation the race is 99.9% certain to happen. There have been many races happening here. NYE I took part in the annual fun run to the Cathedral in Ibiza town, 600+ starters, very relaxed, We have friends entered and coming over for the race. The big clubs are opening in April so it's hard to imagine a race being called off. Good luck. The race was a bit lower key than usual last year, expect it to be back to the full job lot this year.

I would suggest that unless there is a very significant twist in the situation the race is 99.9% certain to happen. There have been many races happening here. NYE I took part in the annual fun run to the Cathedral in Ibiza town, 600+ starters, very relaxed, We have friends entered and coming over for the race. The big clubs are opening in April so it's hard to imagine a race being called off. Good luck. The race was a bit lower key than usual last year, expect it to be back to the full job lot this year.
Thanks for reply! Really helpful. As London marathon isn’t ‘till October again this will logistics permitting be perfect. Although the elevation is a bit scary. Usually try and find the flattest marathons, so this will be a bit different.

I see that there’s a 2022 date of 9 April, which I’m really tempted to book, but this seems to have been rearranged so many times, it’s a bit worrying to plan a break around the marathon. Least of all that the website doesn’t seem to have had a massive update for 2022. Not really up to date with all things covid in Spain, but assume there’s no reason at the moment that it can’t go ahead? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/ibiza-gossip-2022.80397/post-1065697

Any Spotlighters signed up for the marathon? Weather has definitely been marathon running weather recently but plenty of time for that to change.

Ah cool. Are you a speedy type?

Really looking forward to this, just hope my wifey can be bothered to hang around long enough to see me finish 🤣🤣

No just a plodder, will be happy to get around in 4 hour 15 to 30, what time you thinking? I'm probably around 9 min miles pace

Back