Ibiza, la isla del dinero

Obscene is the word.

He must laugh himself to sleep every night thinking about the 3k bottles of vodka and 10k rooms in what is essentially a well refurbed package holiday hotel with some fancy lighting. And he mustt guffaw with glee that there are people that pay it - whose the idiot? The guy who charges it, or the one who pays it?

Incidently, the vip'ification of the Island (as far as I can see) is in no way benefiting the majority of businesses run by normal people. Is it really likely that a person who doesnt balk at spending 3000 euros to sit down in a club is liable to nip to the local Eroski to buy some veg for his tea or grab a bite to eat at the local bar?

Despite the councils claims that they want a better class of visitor which will create a longer season, the season seems to get shorter (now centred around the two month money-a-thon at Ushaisia), the taxes are mislaid (anyone paid for a few editions of a local free paper recently i wonder) and the Ryanair air winter flights thing defies belief.

Anyway enough moaning, I'm off to pay 50 euros for a distinctly average bowl of pasta in Ciprianis so that i can be smug in the knowledge that I can afford to spend that on some food I'll leave cos its a bit ****. (i'll tell everyone it was fahhhbulous though dahhhlings snd frequented by such beautiful people, just like that place with the unpronouncable name)

Incidently, the vip'ification of the Island (as far as I can see) is in no way benefiting the majority of businesses run by normal people. Is it really likely that a person who doesnt balk at spending 3000 euros to sit down in a club is liable to nip to the local Eroski to buy some veg for his tea or grab a bite to eat at the local bar?

Those local small shops aren't exactly cheap either.. i distinctly recall paying over 4 euros for 10 slices of cheese, or something like that. It was cheaper to eat out in most cases.

The thing that annoyed me about the program was not the high prices VIP's pay for bottles, rooms, food, sun beds etc.. its the fact that the money they are making from this does not seem to bring down the ticket prices for the rest of the people. A bit like price policy of aviation, 20% of people pay for 80% of costs etc..

A friend of mine paid 80 Euros for ushuaia opening over the weekend.. that is quite unbelievable

Back