ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

stivi

after pretty much two complete ibiza seasons with the night clubs closed, it's time to start looking ahead at 2022, when we're hopefully getting another big step closer to normalcy. it's november only and not much is out there yet officially, but after such a long forced break for most of the venues, the next few months should certainly be entertaining for us here on the spotlight forums.

as we're often bound to secrecy it'll take a while until we can start to spill the beans ourselves, but here's a few bits to get your braincells going.

• after seeing that you can actually fill the clubs even at the end of october, will the closing party period be extended in 2022 as well?
  • easter week is pretty late in 2022 (mid april only) and IMS is announced for 27 april to 1 may, will we see the earliest opening party period ever?
  • what about that space announcement?
  • under what name, management and concept will the venue formerly known as heart reopen?
  • how will pacha look after its further refurbishment?
  • what's in store for 528's second season at benimussa park?
  • what happens at privilege?
  • what about those secret upgrades at hï?
  • will we see a bit of a changing of the guard in regards to promoters and even artists after such a long break?

and just to remind everyone about the special rules for this thread as it's normally the most seen one on the entire forum: no jokes, no trolling and please stay strictly on topic. ibiza gossip only (do me a favour, it'll save me work deleting all of that) other than that, hit it!

And, will putting stickers on peoples cameras be the new norm??? I certainly hope so…

good point. I truly hope so too.

Queing is the new normal ?

it'll certainly be like that for a while. but if you do things well it doesn't have to be bad. from what I heard, the maximum wait at amnesia closing were 45mins which I think is acceptable. but yeah, it's somethings clubs have to consider for next summer and simply prepare well.

good point. I truly hope so too.

it'll certainly be like that for a while. but if you do things well it doesn't have to be bad. from what I heard, the maximum wait at amnesia closing were 45mins which I think is acceptable. but yeah, it's somethings clubs have to consider for next summer and simply prepare well.

Was not a big deal : Amnesia closing was 10 min at 23.00. But there are other economical reasons for external ticket sellers.

Seeing as big room techno is overtaking tech house sound, could we see the likes of Lens or CDW get their own night next season...

Can’t see having CDW having her own night (although it would be a real statement) but definitely regular headliner somewhere…

Praying Black Coffee returns to Hi! next season all being well. Been a resident for a few years now and I am still yet to see him or the likes of themba, de capo etc despite being a huge fan of the South African sound they bring!

Seeing as big room techno is overtaking tech house sound, could we see the likes of Lens or CDW get their own night next season...
I think it‘s just to much work and hustle to entertain your own weekly night in Ibiza that in the end you are better off doing an Adam Beyer and playing everywhere and anywhere for different crowds and concentrate on a few high profile gigs. Oh and tech house will never loose it’s appeal in Ibiza.

I also heard April for the beginning of the season, which sounds mad.

Bring on 2022 though!

Yeah

Its a rumour I heard in Ibz. Early season start if possible. But there are a lot of rumours. Btw : I remember dates at Pacha in April with HS82 and others. Tanzmann in Heart also. Maybe a early start , but not every day open , not every club. Lets see ...

I think it‘s just to much work and hustle to entertain your own weekly night in Ibiza that in the end you are better off doing an Adam Beyer and playing everywhere and anywhere for different crowds and concentrate on a few high profile gigs. Oh and tech house will never loose it’s appeal in Ibiza.
Wasnt so much about tech house dying out but more about how mainstream big room techno has become.

Last edited:
Wasnt so much about tech house dying out but more about how mainstream big room techno has become.
Yeah. Considering that it's a bit odd that Ibiza has become so much of a tech house heaven over the years where it's more and more difficult to establish a proper techno night on the island.

I doubt we'll see the season extended 2022. It was an exceptional situation this year, with people hungry for any party (I doubt those queuing at DC10 or Amnesia cared much about the music styles played inside).

If we get a normal season 2022, the demand for party will be less, not more. A lot of people changed their habits during the lockdown (I can see it with my other hobbies), plus we may even get a mini-generation of today's 19-20-years-olds who never got a habit of clubbing.

Wasn't there an attempt to have a winter season about 10 years ago? A lot of Ibiza hotels stayed open that year during the cool season. It didn't work back then, and I doubt it will work now.

One thing I hope will stay past the pandemic is more food at clubs.

For me (as a trance lover) the main question is of course whether SHINE Ibiza will return to Ibiza the next year or remain a pop-up event at various locations worldwide, like they did this year (seemingly successfully). My heart says they will return to Ibiza, my brain says no. I hope my brain is wrong here :)

If we get a normal season 2022, the demand for party will be less, not more. A lot of people changed their habits during the lockdown (I can see it with my other hobbies), plus we may even get a mini-generation of today's 19-20-years-olds who never got a habit of clubbing.

Wasn't there an attempt to have a winter season about 10 years ago? A lot of Ibiza hotels stayed open that year during the cool season. It didn't work back then, and I doubt it will work now.

interesting point of view regarding the first bit. I am thinking the opposite is the case, a) there are still lots of regulars who usually come every year that due to covid still haven't made it back at all or that have come this year, but without partying, and that can't wait to have 'normal ibiza' back. b) there are lots of newcomers who can't wait to finally experience 'party ibiza'. so yeah, a lot of people within the industry think that *IF* we get a normal season next year (as in without any major restrictions anymore), we should get a really strong summer. there's also quite a big amount of overseas travellers (US and australia mainly, but not exclusively) that due to covid simply had no real opportunity to visit europe in the past two years - some of them from this very forum.

agreed though re 'winter season', it's something that indeed will never properly happen (and tbh there is no need - if we have a proper long summer season, that's good enough).

All over the world it seems the opposite is true. I don't think there was any ADE party left that was not sold out.
Elrow Barcelona 2 days sold out in 24h. Just some random examples I can think of but I see a huge demand and that will not be different in Ibiza I think...but we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back