ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys do you have experience about underground club on saturday? and about pikes on sunday? do you think make sense on sunday go to pikes and after glitterbox? thanks
Underground does exactly what it says on the label. Good music, clued up crowd and nice sound system in an intimate setting

And as for your Sunday idea, it sounds like a great plan

hate to be a party pooper, but it's not looking good for villa parties this year

fines up to 300k, new decree valid from thursday.
Maybe it’s Google Translate, but the definition of “illegal party” in this case seems pretty narrow (has to be marketed; has to be for profit)…*and* even then cops still can’t enter a private home without permission of the owner. Is that correct?

Maybe it’s Google Translate, but the definition of “illegal party” in this case seems pretty narrow (has to be marketed; has to be for profit)…*and* even then cops still can’t enter a private home without permission of the owner. Is that correct?
Correcto

Interesting. So villa afters that are not marketed, not for profit, and have the owner’s consent seem fairly insulated from this.

Would you still be looking at a 15-20k fine though if neighbours complained about persistent noise? Think it is anything between 300-300k euros with 300k being the marketed, for profit etc?

Last edited:

Is police intervention not based on decibels rather than money changing hands? Otherwise anyone at a villa could claim it's just a few mates over on holiday + a random guy in a pirate hat who they found asleep outside the gate.

Seen some Instagram posts of fisher from his Instagram and dc10 instagram, he didn't sound great and he seemed to be playing his normal crap

The crowd seemed to like it!
Playing devil's advocate then- doesn't this suggest that it was a good booking? Despite what people think a night/venue "should" be, if the punters are having a good time, they've got it right, no?

Playing devil's advocate then- doesn't this suggest that it was a good booking? Despite what people think a night/venue "should" be, if the punters are having a good time, they've got it right, no?

Good point. And hard to comment as I was not there - so not sure how well it was received. One thing is it got everyone talking - and maybe got some new folks into DC10? Maybe that was part of the plan? Looking at the rest of the season's Circo line-ups doesn't look like this marks a change in direction right? The rest of the weeks look insanely good most weeks IMO.

Good point. And hard to comment as I was not there - so not sure how well it was received. One thing is it got everyone talking - and maybe got some new folks into DC10? Maybe that was part of the plan? Looking at the rest of the season's Circo line-ups doesn't look like this marks a change in direction right? The rest of the weeks look insanely good most weeks IMO.
This.

If DC10 booked Vengaboys it'd get everyone talking, some new people through the door and no doubt some people would enjoy it, doesn't mean it's a good booking for the image and perception of a club that is meant to have a degree of musical credibility. Evidence suggests Fisher has a ghostwriter for his productions and the jury is still out as to whether he plays pre-recorded sets...

If DC10 booked Vengaboys it'd get everyone talking, some new people through the door and no doubt some people would enjoy it, doesn't mean it's a good booking for the image and perception of a club that is meant to have a degree of musical credibility. Evidence suggests Fisher has a ghostwriter for his productions and the jury is still out as to whether he plays pre-recorded sets...
if he gets numbers through the door and increases the profile of the club to people who wouldn't previously go......why are the club/promoters gonna care? Win Win for them

if he gets numbers through the door and increases the profile of the club to people who wouldn't previously go......why are the club/promoters gonna care? Win Win for them

Any way the good news is we are in clubs... We couldn't even have this debate this time last year :)

After the Solomun high of yesterday, I wonder what else is coming today / this week from an announcements perspective? @W_I_C Any announcements on the cards that you know of?

We can't have many night left to drop line-ups now. Afterlife @ Hi, Bedouin @ Pacha, Thursday's @ Pacha in July onwards is the great big mystery. Plus a few more Friday night in Amnesia yet to be announced.

Forget it. It's a lost cause. None of this stuff is aimed at us. Money talks. All the good shit is at Pikes and Akasha. That's transparently obvious 138 pages into this thread.

After the Solomun high of yesterday, I wonder what else is coming today / this week from an announcements perspective? @W_I_C Any announcements on the cards that you know of?

We can't have many night left to drop line-ups now. Afterlife @ Hi, Bedouin @ Pacha, Thursday's @ Pacha in July onwards is the great big mystery. Plus a few more Friday night in Amnesia yet to be announced.
I hope we get Saga line-ups very soon since it opens next week. But Afterlife I'd personally be happy to wait a little while since I'm still snowed under! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back