ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear community, Ive been following the forum (specially the rumours and line ups) for years before and made my trip plans (my wife and I to get away from the parents role for few days) and it was a great help - so big thanks so far! For this year I'm still not sure what to do. This year we'd like to do Black Coffe at Ushi and Blomquist at Cova Santa. Cova Santa seems to be the deal currently. However, I am not sure about the Palmarama concept. Usually at Ushi we take the Club room with the garden towards the party which we find way better then the even more overpriced VIP area. Usually this room category is booked out on Saturdays, not this year...So seems to be not much demand? Even now they are cutting dates (carola and beduin). So is the concept lame? Most important questions for me: Do the guests make party in their gardens or is it recommended to book a table? Or maybe cut Ushi out of our program? Many thanks for your impressions! Greetings, Sergej

So seems to be not much demand? Even now they are cutting dates (carola and beduin). So is the concept lame? Most important questions for me: Do the guests make party in their gardens or is it recommended to book a table? Or maybe cut Ushi out of our program? Many thanks for your impressions! Greetings, Sergej
Hi Sergej
Ushuaia, like a few other venues, is very popular from Friday to Sunday, but less busy during the week. We seen the trend of the "weekend traveller" in past years, but in a pandemic year it's simply been magnified. They've also done the opposite of Cova Santa, who have been putting out regular promo videos and kept things very hush-hush. The format is certainly different, but it is far from lame. It is simply working around the current levels of restrictions as best as possible

You could hold a room party during the event but with no outside guests and bad visibility, you wouldn't get much from it I don't think. The designated outdoor area for hotel guests, as we've discussed before, is also going to feel slightly removed from the action

If you want to get the best Palmarama experience, then really you need to be willing and able to part with money that secures the front, expensive tables. And for that, being a hotel guest gives you no tangible benefit, so unless you're ultra set on staying at Ushuaia anyway, you may as well stay at your preferred hotel.

If you can afford it and are willing to give it a shot you will have an amazing time, I'm confident of that. Hope that helps

Last edited:
yeah that's what you can do of course, the issue is most people aren't willing to do it.
I went BCN to Ibiza in a February for a day and it was great…well recommended (flights are dirt cheap). Nipped down to San An to the yaught restaurant place (as recommended by Stivi at the time) and it was excellent - it was great seeing people doing their day to day business without tourists. Then wandered around Ibiza town…amazing when there is no one there! Do it!

You could hold a room party during the event but with no outside guests and bad visibility, you wouldn't get much from it I don't think. The designated outdoor area for hotel guests, as we've discussed before, is also going to feel slightly removed from the action

Thanks a lot for clarifications!
Regarding the room party: actually I was thinking about partying with the neighbours in the shared gardens of the front row rooms, as we usually do in Ushuaia, always crazy and fun people there 🤪... I thought that it would be more fun also under current circumstances, better than us two sitting at a table/lounge and not being able to chat with other weirdos...but there are so many front row rooms still available for Saturdays, so will then make no sense, if we don't have any neighbours in our garden...

From germany the last direct flight from / to Ibz is 23 Oct ( Condor ). Lufthansa the whole year ( a little more expensive ). All from Frankfurt
1 Stop is possible the whole year ( Iberia , Ryanair ). It possible to fly to Ibz the whole year ( 5-9 hours , 1 stop ). NYE is possible , too.
This is no limitation
For whatever reasons Lufthansa on the 23th October does offer 3 direct flights to Ibiza from Frankfurt. That’s more than during summer peak time…. Guess they believe in Amnesia closing 😎

Cova Santa Q- for the main floor, is it only the premium bottles available, or are the wines listed on the restaurant menu available too?

On a good year it goes quiet with passengers towards the end of sep, start of oct.... and right now airlines cannot really afford to fly loss making routes which they will no doubt be through towards the end of October unless there is real demand and seat price is high enough

There are other factors that could drive an airline to have to operate regardless but we will see. Could end up with a scatter of flights here and there but it isn't going to mean much to an airline but of course so much to ibiza - so I do hope there is enough up take of bookings
Easyjet has already cancelled late October flights. Our half term flights was cancelled as well as our friends on different flights (think they was flying from Luton). We managed to change to another easyjet flight and coincidentally had same flight as friends. Hopefully they don’t cancel these again.

Cova Santa Q- for the main floor, is it only the premium bottles available, or are the wines listed on the restaurant menu available too?
It seems to depend on the night … at Shadows there was no wine on the menu (although they did offer to bring a different menu for wine which never materialised) but at Renaissance you could buy wine at €100 per bottle

Anyone know if Ibiza Rocks are likely to extend their events past the 2nd October? (they currently have Cuckooland and Applebum Closings down for that weekend)

Weighing up a late Ibiza appearance but would like a couple of days/nights of music in amongst the chilling

El Silencio all over the place...

IMG_20210912_203858.jpg
Long time since I've encountered these kind of weird, insane, surreal writings about a beach restaurant

I've never been to Cova Santa, looks like I will be there early Oct. Is it a bit like Blue Marlin?

Is there a minimum spend or does it depend on area? I'd be going for food and drinks in the eve. I only drink beer in Ibiza so minimum spend can be a bit frustrating.

I've never been to Cova Santa, looks like I will be there early Oct. Is it a bit like Blue Marlin?

Is there a minimum spend or does it depend on area? I'd be going for food and drinks in the eve. I only drink beer in Ibiza so minimum spend can be a bit frustrating.

min spend format yes and you need to book a table in advance.

IMO still worth it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back