ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t understand TMB popularity. They haven’t had a quality release in awhile and their sets tend to pretty bland.

Took me far too long to realize what TMB meant?.. I agreed with everyone and I probably said that since 2001... I said .. here 100s of times that Any two guys on Ibiza could tell me they are the Martinez Bros and I would believe them. Most DJ duo are there for brand and SM hype. The brains and the eyebrows as a pair are cslled...

I really don’t understand TMB popularity. They haven’t had a quality release in awhile and their sets tend to pretty bland.

they are good for open festivals..

awakenings.. music on open air..

i wouldnt go especially for them, but ill stay in the dance floor if theyre playing before carola or paco osona

I can’t watch/listen to TMB.
The track selections are boring tech disguised as house. It’s the same, set in set out, not even hands in the air stuff. Nice for the Ket kids, but can’t see the attraction.
At 6am when you’re leaving a club, and the TMB were playing, do people stumbling back to their hotels think wow they played this or that and hum the tunes merrily? I wouldn’t be able to remember a single tune as it’s a monotonous dirge fest of bland nothingness. And yes, I have seen them a couple of times. These types of nights are IMO worse than the fella that throws cakes. But clearly some people like it, so horses for courses and all that.

At 6am when you’re leaving a club, and the TMB were playing, do people stumbling back to their hotels think wow they played this or that and hum the tunes merrily? I wouldn’t be able to remember a single tune as it’s a monotonous dirge fest of bland nothingness. And yes, I have seen them a couple of times. These types of nights are IMO worse than the fella that throws cakes. But clearly some people like it, so horses for courses and all that.

I've been at a few nights like that. Music just seams to drone on, doesn't really go anywhere. Has long build ups that don't actually build up to anything lol.

Feel like shouting 'Play us one we know!'

Like you say, horses for courses ?

they are good for open festivals..

awakenings.. music on open air..

i wouldnt go especially for them, but ill stay in the dance floor if theyre playing before carola or paco osona
I am sure their promoter and manager love your endorsement.

The Martinez Brothers: "A safe pair of hands".:lol:

Personally, I have no issues with the "TMB" sets I have heard/ seen online. I see them fitting the current format where each DJ only plays for 2-3 hours max per night. I feel this way about 95 percent of the well regarded DJs out there.

IMHO TMB do a great job of closing Circoloco. 90s NYC house, feel good proper house music. When they play big venues and festivals it's much more like bland tech-house, but in their element they can be great.

In related news tmb buddy seth troxler returning to the visionquest label with crosson, reeves and curtiss. Maybe we'll be seeing him more with these guys again instead of tmb. I mean HI goes against everything troxler stands for in his outspoken attitudes towards the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back