ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were any of the outdoor dance venues worthwhile this 2020 year (o-beach, Ibiza rocks, etc.)? Trying to imagine what may work for next year, under a "most-likely" scenario. I saw Tiffany's vlog where she went to Zoo, but that was seated... :confused:

My prediction is that outdoor may be near 100%, while indoor will not...

Long:
-Cova Santa
-O Beach
-Ibiza Rocks
-Pikes (outside, daytime)
-Beach clubs (varios)

Short:
Privilege (too big in square feet/meters, so the 'optics' will never look good.)

The rest:
The other indoor clubs may be fine with 30-50% capacity (Amnesia, Pacha, Eden, DC-10 etc.). I have not been to Hi since it changed from Space, but I remember it being huge, just not as bad as Privilege. Advantage will go to smaller venues that may still have some atmosphere with smaller numbers. I liked taking an annual trip to Lio, for example. It felt perfectly intimate at 2am-3am with less than 100 people there.

***Edit: Zoo should be fine next year, IMHO.

clubs surely wont open unless it’s full capacity? All depends on who’s gunna be lucky enough to get this vaccine before summer...if that calculator that @white_isle_calling posted in another thread is accurate high chance your average clubber wouldn’t get the vaccine until later on in the summer maybe even autumn...let’s just hope we can soon see the light at the end of the tunnel?

clubs surely wont open unless it’s full capacity? All depends on who’s gunna be lucky enough to get this vaccine before summer...if that calculator that @white_isle_calling posted in another thread is accurate high chance your average clubber wouldn’t get the vaccine until later on in the summer maybe even autumn...let’s just hope we can soon see the light at the end of the tunnel?
I am thinking that this summer they will be relying more on enforced testing (before travel and at the arrival airport) rather than vaccines for commercial decisions. Most 20-50 year old population will not be vaccinated by the beginning of summer, so my guess is that the outdoor venues will be the closest thing to normal.

At least here in the Caribbean, this has seemed to work as most of the transmission seems to be from local-to-local rather than from tourist-to-local. Indoor dining and bars were curtailed, but you can do pretty much what you like outside. To fly here you need a negative test less than 5 days old, and some islands are testing upon arrival as well. No hospital systems in the region appear overwhelmed (that I know of). The most complaints come out of Puerto Rico, but they have one of the oldest and unhealthiest (read: diabetes and heart disease) populations in the USA. They are also not reliant on tourism. Clouding the issues is their historical political posturing for more federal funds, unfortunately, so its uncertain how bad off they really are at times.

Anyway, we will see about the indoor stuff... but my guess will be some arbitrary limit (say 50% normal capacity).

I reckon a lot of clubs would be profitable at 50%. They may also cut some costs by having less DJ's on per night, less dancers and effects etc. More table service areas in some clubs which in theory brings in more bar takings etc. Even in July and August some clubs aren't full every night and still bother to open so must be some profit to be made.

Once those that need it most are vaccinated (over 50s, health workers, those with underlying health issues), we will see society opening up. A lot more people will get it but the mortality rate is considerably lower and it will be seen by governments as a risk worth taking in order to reopen the economy. It’s obviously a risk as we will see under 50 infections sky rocket and that will bring excess deaths. There is no guarantee that under 50s will be vaccinated at all but if they are, it won’t be until summer and into autumn and winter, if countries can source sufficient units and manage the vaccinations sufficiently quickly.

Last edited:
Forget about the vaccines , you have Independence from Europe be glad of that...
I'm definitely not going to be celebrating the independence. It will have a huge financial impact where I live as so much of the work and projects are funded by the EU.
It will make it difficult for the music industry as well if artists have to have a work permit to play Europe. Even more damaging for the already fragile entertainment industry.

Yes all independent stores, businesses, project,arts, music, where you can go, where you can't go more importantly are going to be screwed for long long time.. . Very sad times .. like the only way you can go out now to some sort of clubbing outing is to bring your family/kids with you until 22:30..I have no kids but who wants that...
Straight away that's grandparents who might look after their grandkids on an normal night out pushed away even further and down to your regular babysitter from next door earning some Pocket money.. people will wake up after Christmas and it is going to be crazy on the streets..

Last edited:
I think ibiza 2021 is going to be mostly table service type events.
It will be expensive and vip type vibes.
I just can't see things changing quick enough to have full dance floors

Depends on the vaccine rollout progress and how advanced their testing strategy is. If the old and compromised are vaccinated, and hospitals are empty, they would be crazy not to. You can bet other places around the globe will be giving it a go.

Depends on the vaccine rollout progress and how advanced their testing strategy is. If the old and compromised are vaccinated, and hospitals are empty, they would be crazy not to. You can bet other places around the globe will be giving it a go.

that I agree on.

*IF* europe succeeds to vaccinate the old, the vulnerable/risk groups and the medical staff in the next few months (say before may), then I really hope the governments will open up.

I agree with this but I don't think the VIP thing will even matter. Just day time parties and table service..

Here's hoping anyway guys.

I just think prices will be up up up.

Nothing I want more that to be in the middle of a sea of people in a dark club
Do you seriously think that's going to happen when people are following all the rules . Clubbing came from breaking rules not by being told lies ...

Do you seriously think that's going to happen when people are following all the rules . Clubbing came from breaking rules not by being told lies ...
As said previously I don't think it will unfortunately.
Ibiza 2021 will be more of a sit down affair, and I'm not talking magda at dc10 kind of sit down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back