*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

How did this go down with the punters? I think it's a great idea.

I'm not convinced it's the perfect solution since you can't even write a text if you leave it in this pouch. think the berghain sticker approach is smarter.

I'm not convinced it's the perfect solution since you can't even write a text if you leave it in this pouch. think the berghain sticker approach is smarter.

True. I'd be an advocate for anything that removes the constant use of phones from the dance floor. There's nothing worse when you're getting into the music and someone is stood stock still in front of you filming for ages. I know nights get a lot of publicity from the filming, but I think someone is missing a trick in Ibiza in making the dance floor a phone free zone. Would need to be the right party, but they could use it as something unique to them.

In some cases, these DJ spats/gaffes are real, in others there's more than a whiff of a PR operation which is taking us all for suckers. Hard to tell at times but I certainly did prefer it when 'beef' was a hiphop thing and not a load of rich pseudo celebrities doing/saying silly coke-y things whilst cc: ing in the general public.

My question with Amelie Lens is where did she come from? Seems like she exploded over night. Is she manufactured or does she have skills?

Maybe that’s what Richie was getting at.

My question with Amelie Lens is where did she come from? Seems like she exploded over night. Is she manufactured or does she have skills?

He’s booked her to appear at his own events several times. To be fair, she’s been around a long time and I like her work. I don’t see her as manufactured, unlike others.

Funny thing is though I’ve seen interviews where he’s been falling over himself to praise her which makes this all the more strange.

I agree she did come out of nowhere and has no doubt benefited from a savvy social media strategy. To be fair though I have seen her a couple of times live now and listened to a few mixes and she does have the ability to back up the hype imo.

all of this plus:

• it's exactly what the scene needed, two good young female DJs. it's something you can't deny.
  • CDW is totally cool, feet on the ground. I heard AL is the same. no divas.

For me techno is being driven by the female djs
from the established ones like Allien, Magda, Kraviz to the newer ones like de Witte, Lens and Temple

and back when female DJs were largely confined to the hard house genre etc - it was all about a sexual image
the djs now are about the music first and foremost

For me techno is being driven by the female djs
from the established ones like Allien, Magda, Kraviz to the newer ones like de Witte, Lens and Temple

and back when female DJs were largely confined to the hard house genre etc - it was all about a sexual image
the djs now are about the music first and foremost

+ Steffi, Helena Hauff and Paramida too

hard house lol... pure cringe

I think the problem with lisa lashes & co was that the mainstream dance press thought they could tap into the NUTS market and it was embarrassing for all concerned. Serious female DJs of that same generation like Cosmo, Lottie, Kemistry & Storm, Jane Fitz, Sister Bliss didn't shift magazine units.... yet who on a musical level were far more influential. It all feels like a very long time ago (in certain ways..)

Last edited:
along with de Witte

• media savvy
  • v good djs & producers
  • seem to have come to the fore quickly but have gigged a lot to build up their careers

Yeah I’ve always wondered if they have ghost producers or not.

They seem like good DJs, although hammering out high bpm techno bores me quickly. And they definitely work their asses off with their gig schedule.

I think the biggest thing that helped them is what Stivi said, huge demand for a young female techno DJs.

haven't many on this forum slagged of peggy gou for her instagram postings saying she is no credible artist with those fancy selfies?
with all the positive momentum women now have in our scene, with great talent getting chances, claiming equality on lineups and timetables: Is a nude pic in bed not the complete opposite of this development and of what women djs stand for these days? how many postings of male djs do you know where they lie in bed, nude shoulder sticking out? would love to hear the black madonna on this, somehow I feel she'd agree with hawtin ...

She is from Belgium, Belgium as quite a huge history in clubbing for many years , she has been playing in many famous club in the country for 10years+ , some in holland also. . She was also resident in labyrinth club for 4-5 years , so no she didn’t get to his level overnight. Same for Charlotte de Witte btw

Back