*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Prices getting down a bit maybe?

Adam Beyer himself is complaining about Ibiza being expensive in his latest drumcode episode 429 starting from 19th minute.

I agree. On one hand, it is massively hypocritical that these superstar DJs who command 5 figure fees are taking a pop at hoteliers for over-charging.
However, I also think that these are the people with the profile who need to speak up to get people to start listening.
Perhaps some quid pro quo is needed...

Last edited:
there's been private smoking clubs on the island for a long while (btw, one of the longest-standing ones linked to a famous disco...) so what was next? an exclu$ive/luxury private smoking club with music license!

tenor.gif

Smoking as in toking?

Am guessing yes to the toking, but reckon it'll be for residents only, hence why the tourists aren't aware of it

Not strictly residents only as far as I'm aware, but you need to be introduced and vouched for by an existing member.

can't see myself getting too involved on this thread - the annual game of corporate musical chairs carries little interest for me, but if anyone hears of anywhere (other than Pikes or Clockwork) pitching at an older crowd, then I'm all ears...

can't see myself getting too involved on this thread - the annual game of corporate musical chairs carries little interest for me, but if anyone hears of anywhere (other than Pikes or Clockwork) pitching at an older crowd, then I'm all ears...

not sure if i'm on the right path musically for you but a few pals went to groove odyssey last year. that was full of older heads. and being early on in the season they said the tw@t quota on the island was surprisingly low.

musical chairs is a good description. barring a massive difference in soundsystem/club capacity, i really don't see much to get excited/upset about when a club night moves on ibiza. emporers new clothes and all that..

but if it doesn't have to be ibiza i'm sure there's other options

Last edited:
not sure if i'm on the right path musically for you but a few pals went to groove odyssey last year. that was full of older heads. and being early on in the season they said the tw@t quota on the island was surprisingly low.

musical chairs is a good description. barring a massive difference in soundsystem/club capacity, i really don't see much to get excited/upset about when a club night moves on ibiza. emporers new clothes and all that..

but if it doesn't have to be ibiza i'm sure there's other options
Yep we went groove odd , was a great day on the Saturday
Good crowd and great music
Loads of resident and tourists

Definitely going next year

shine ibiza to be back next year. can't say any more than that for now, but I thought trance fans might be happy about it anyway :)

I’d like to come back for Shine, thought a lot of the tech house on the island was heavy boring this year.

Some real techno and decent trance whilst I’m over would work a treat.

Back