*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

stivi

right then, as quite a few people are impatiently waiting... here's the 2019 gossip thread.

a few things before we start though, if I may. please have a read of this:

the gossip thread is usually the most viewed thread on the entire spotlight forum. the 2018 gossip thread got 270 pages long and had over 400K views (!!!). because of that, I'd like to request a few things. I'm sure people will forget about them, but I'd still like to put them here so I can periodically remind us all about them hehehe :)

- it's called a gossip thread because it is gossip. as most people on here know, we do not put any gossip out on our website as such (in the form of articles), so anything you read in this thread is speculation, possiblilities, maybes, could be's etc....but NOT CONFIRMED. once something is confirmed, that is when it's going on our website and into the confirmed parties section of the forums or wherever applicable.

- because of the popularity of this thread, please try to stay on topic as much as possible. if someone is away from the forums for a few days and then comes back to check them (and especially this thread), if there is a lot of off-topic stuff, this thread just gets unneccessarily long and not concise to check.

- keep in mind our forums are open to read for anyone. and even though I just did say that this thread is gossip and thus its content shouldn't be taken as gospel, a lot of silent readers will still take lots of things very seriously. plus, more importantly, a lot of people won't understand if someone's joking. so for the forum jokers on here, please refrain from the usual jokes in this thread. as literally everyone (people that work for the clubs) reads these forums, and especially this thread, you will save me some angry calls if you do adhere to these rules. so thanks in advance for that.

- lastly, as usual, in a lot of cases I (or any other spotlight staff) won't be able to reply to a lot of the questions popping up in this thread until much much later in the winter. sometimes the fact I don't say anything actually says a lot, but that won't be the case that early in the off-season. I shall actually try to remain rather silent for a while now when it comes to gossip; I need a break from all of this for a while before picking all the season prep up again.

over to you guys...

please try to stay on topic as much as possible. if someone is away from the forums for a few days and then comes back to check them (and especially this thread), if there is a lot of off-topic stuff, this thread just gets unneccessarily long and not concise to check.
CDNyZ2X.gif

[if not, a few clicks and deleted!]

Someone has to say it to get it started so i may as well just go. The question for me isn't even as much does Cocoon depart from Pacha after a single season, but does it make the move back to Monday? It's already been discussed by me and several others both on the forums and elsewhere, so does it make sense? Can it even work at Pacha on Monday right after Solomun on Sunday... thoughts?

Someone has to say it to get it started so i may as well just go. The question for me isn't even as much does Cocoon depart from Pacha after a single season, but does it make the move back to Monday? It's already been discussed by me and several others both on the forums and elsewhere, so does it make sense? Can it even work at Pacha on Monday right after Solomun on Sunday... thoughts?

I actually don’t care where Cocoon goes as long as it moves to Monday (though my preference is Monday at Pacha or Amnesia). Without boring and repeating, their demographic is just not on the island on a Wednesday, and selfishly I can attend a lot more of them if it’s on a Monday. I actually think it following Solomun would not be an issue. They’d still get a solid % going after Circo if they get the programming right.

Last edited:
Who says Sollie will stay..o_O

I’ll put my money down now and says he will stay ... Diynamic Amnesia takeover did okay but nowhere near full and no way can Solomun carry weekly residency anywhere other than Pacha and with the declining numbers / shorter trips now is not the time to change a winning formula ... In my view his success at Pacha has built his global credibility and overall success and he seems to enjoy it to the max even doing a little less touring this summer (more long breaks after shows in ibiza) and you could see on Monday at the afters how much he genuinely enjoys it all ... on this basis I say he stays ... maybe just maybe if Cocoon became more of in-house competition by moving days closer to Solomun then he might move in the future but even this I don’t see as long as he keeps his Sunday slot

Last edited:

No chance.

A jaded Cocoon isn't going to go back up against a thriving DC10. Plus the DC10 Cocoon double header used to make sense, similar vibes, DC10 for sunset, Amnesia terrace for sunrise. DC10 to Pacha doesn't have quite the same appeal. I heard Sven will do one last season and call it a day hosting a season long party, with that in mind he should be able to count on more numbers as people come for one last dance.

"Metamorphosis is almost complete"

There's only one step left.

Probably the only place it could work bar Amnesia or Pacha.

Agree with the above, it’s possible to imagine Sven might call it a day after next season. Will be a big milestone at 20 years, the night clearly isn’t growing anymore and Ibiza may be moving on. Remember watching the Spotlight interview with him little while back where he emphasised that finding the right time to bow out of things has always been an important thing in his career.

Imagine the final closing party though o_O

Re Cocoon. Sven's full quote on Instagram was; "I would like to thank all of you who celebrated the 19th season Cocoon with us.The metamorphosis has happened.Cocoon is where we are! The closing night was the crowning glory. Thanks to all the DJs, live acts and our stylish dancers, you were BRILLIANT. Thanks to my team and the Pacha team for the good cooperation. I also love Ibiza in times of change. See you next year."

Was the Closing Party from Music On in Privi the first hint that they will move to Privi with the party? What you think?

Would there be any chance of cocoon/pyramid having a room each at Amnesia on Mondays? Or would that just not happen....

Back