*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

It is yes. However, while I get the PR of releasing this full list, to 99.99% of people it is pointless as they are in Ibiza for a couple a weeks a year. Unless you are @stivi or @white_isle_calling this full season list is pointless to most people.
Indeed, but the same is true to every party on the island... but in terms of full list of names this is something quite incredible IMO.
The problem with Circoloco, is that they just anounce the lineup of each week, the week before. So is impossible to plan a trip to the island based on the lineup. In that sense, only the people that live in the island can enjoy that roster in full! For me it remains one of the best parties... but sometimes is so packed, that it can turn people off... Nice we can do the circo + cocoon combo again

It is yes. However, while I get the PR of releasing this full list, to 99.99% of people it is pointless as they are in Ibiza for a couple a weeks a year. Unless you are @stivi or @white_isle_calling this full season list is pointless to most people.
Yeah thought about the same yesterday with the Elrow full line up.
You can just have bad luck in your 'Ibiza week' and get the weaker names.

If you call Paco Osuna, Adam Beyer, Kolsch, Ilario Alicante, Dennis Ferrer, Waff, Steve Lawler, Joris Voorn, Dennis Ferrer, Erick Morillo....(just too name a few) weak...yeah then what do you know? ;-)
I'm afraid I do. Dennis Ferrer 17 yrs ago was good.. as for lawyer I reckon he still pinches himself every morning to see is he dreaming.

It's incredible the number and kind of artists they showcase in a season!! :oops:
Agree with this, pull exceptional names. However the thing I don’t like is the short set times. Especially with names like Troxler, mbros, dj tennis, Butch etc who prefer the long sets. Would like to see one of the main or the terrace hosting a few longer sets. I know a couple each night get the 2 -2.5 hours. Thoughts on this?

Agree with this, pull exceptional names. However the thing I don’t like is the short set times. Especially with names like Troxler, mbros, dj tennis, Butch etc who prefer the long sets. Would like to see one of the main or the terrace hosting a few longer sets. I know a couple each night get the 2 -2.5 hours. Thoughts on this?
The concept of long sets polarises opinion. It all depends on who the dj is and what you like.

To want to only play long sets is entirely selfish on the part of a dj. It enables them to earn a lot more money and go on a meandering tour with a lot of filler on the premise that they are taking the crowd on a ‘journey’. However if you like the dj a lot you will probably like that. Not good if it’s the only option for the night and you don’t like it. I actually think that elrow conceptually get a decent balance with the way they use the two rooms musically, but clearly the music priority.

On the flip, I find that when djs aren’t promoted as the main event, have a set of less than two hours or are on ‘warm up’ (absolutely hate that concept) duty, they play within themselves, with no peaks and the set comprises entirely of filler. When you have 3-5 djs in one room all doing this (as frequently) happens, the night is devoid of any depth, variety or high points and becomes a battle to the bottom. I frequently find myself wondering what is so special about a number of djs that play in Ibiza on a regular basis. All that said, this approach can provide variety, choice and on the right night can really hit the spot if one or more djs decide to bring their A game to a short set rather than go through the motions because they aren’t the headliner.

some fantastic names playing Circo - I've been a fan of Paramida, Juju & Jordash, Ana Helder for years + Elena Colombi used to do stuff back in London, playing endless graveyard slots. J&J are from the same Israeli crew as Red Axes - true innovators.

a lesson there for any ambitious kid with dreams, eventually all that thankless graft will pay off

It's an interesting topic. Generally I prefer long sets, however in Circoloco I kinda like this approach. The djs need to bring their A game in a couple of hours with the pressure of knowing that they will be compared with the last ones, or the next ones... You don't have "warm-up" sets, you have raw talent/music from start to finish.

I've always get out of circoloco with the sense that dj A or dj B was the best of the night. (I'm a terrace lover, don't know if the same is true in the main-room, I never spent an entire night there).

The last circoloco I've been, I had Dj Tennis, followed by Tale of Us, then Troxler.
And for me Dj Tennis destroyed the place, it was awesome... and it was kind of interesting to see that Tale of Us, and Troxler couldn't build their sets with same consistency... Anyone of those guys would make an incredible all night set though! I think that is a great test for any dj, to play in that terrace.

One time, it was announced Martinez Brothers and then Jamie Jones (or the other way around), and they didn't do it like that... They didn't play 2 hours each, they've decided to do 4 hours of back-to-back instead...

Regarding the long sets, and to be fair, one of the most incredible sets I've ear there, was from Carl Cox during 5 or 6 hours (2013 or 2014). I don't think that happens alot nowadays.

For me Circoloco is still special and always a good surprise, unless is rammed! That is a no no... you can't even stand in your place for more than 5 minutes.

Again, this is just my opinion...

Back