*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just updating the black coffee line ups

some really odd combinations if you ask me...the black madonna together with BC? nastia together with BC? o_Oo_O

I am just updating the black coffee line ups

some really odd combinations if you ask me...the black madonna together with BC? nastia together with BC? o_Oo_O
He's playing all night long the date I am there. Not sure how I feel about that...

He's playing all night long the date I am there. Not sure how I feel about that...

that is one of the nights I would maybe actually go myself (and I genuinely might). if he plays all night he will delve into lots of stuff - I can only repeat that when he used to play dc10 I did really like him. I know he has changed his style lately, but on this date he might open up a little more.

what I really cannot understand is those dates with him, black madonna culoe de song or him and nastia, but also the combo of him, andrea oliva and then rampue...err? from a musical point of view this genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

that is one of the nights I would maybe actually go myself (and I genuinely might). if he plays all night he will delve into lots of stuff - I can only repeat that when he used to play dc10 I did really like him. I know he has changed his style lately, but on this date he might open up a little more.

what I really cannot understand is those dates with him, black madonna culoe de song or him and nastia, but also the combo of him, andrea oliva and then rampue...err? from a musical point of view this genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

Just bad promotion/management. His night in Ibiza has made little sense to me anyhow. A weird mish mash.

i was expecting more djs that play Afro house , Da capo ok ..a mix of anything..but no big names Afro House djs..
not really buzzing for this party even i may try just one.
saw him dc10, ushuaia , hi, not the kind of dj that put a smile on my face , overrated, maybe , better in outdoor places such destino or private villa :D

I agree with that as I think I am more likely to go to see him showcase his full repertoire. When I saw him last year I wasn't that impressed to be honest but it's hard to ignore how much praise he is getting so might just go and see him again.

labyrinth should come this week indeed, destino stuff not just yet (unless last minute changes).
Thanks! It looks like it will be HS82 and Nick Curly on my night based on gigatools but interested to see who else is playing.

i was expecting more djs that play Afro house , Da capo ok ..a mix of anything..but no big names Afro House djs..
not really buzzing for this party even i may try just one.
saw him dc10, ushuaia , hi, not the kind of dj that put a smile on my face , overrated, maybe , better in outdoor places such destino or private villa :D

Agree. Average DJ playing average soulful and afro house and doing way too many spin backs like it was 1996 when I heard himzzzzz

He was a decent producer mind. He made this over 8 years back that I played a lot at time. Deep and very soulful without trying too hard. He has fallen off my radar since then really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Coffee has played with The Black Madonna at two events I've been at - Circo Loco at DC10 in 2016 and The Warehouse Project also in 2016. Seemed to work well.

Black Coffee has played with The Black Madonna at two events I've been at - Circo Loco at DC10 in 2016 and The Warehouse Project also in 2016. Seemed to work well.

did BC and TBM play right after each other at dc10? I have seen him in there various times (and of course her too) but genuinely don't think those two examples are comparable clara.

anyway, it is of course simply just a matter of tastes :)

I think Marea might be okay. During her XOYO residency last year she did three all-night-longs, and one of them was a world music theme with lots of Afro House. So I think she has the range. Nastia does sound an odd one though.

Seems while a lot of "underground" residencies normally run with the ball in September, this one peaks earlier in the season and then boils out later on. It still carries that Hï/Space stigma though, so how much is this going to affect it?

I think Marea might be okay. During her XOYO residency last year she did three all-night-longs, and one of them was a world music theme with lots of Afro House. So I think she has the range. Nastia does sound an odd one though.

Seems while a lot of "underground" residencies normally run with the ball in September, this one peaks earlier in the season and then boils out later on. It still carries that Hï/Space stigma though, so how much is this going to affect it?
I would agree with that. If you have a look at what is out there on soundcloud/mixcloud she has put out a wide range of set types.

did BC and TBM play right after each other at dc10? I have seen him in there various times (and of course her too) but genuinely don't think those two examples are comparable clara.

anyway, it is of course simply just a matter of tastes :)

I'm pretty sure they played alongside one both times; at DC10 BC came on after TBM, whereas at TWP it was the other way around.

Interested to hear the reviews anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back