*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoo always has top lineups. Even though the majority of people who go there, only go so they can get covered in body paint and dress up.

Zoo always has top lineups. Even though the majority of people who go there, only go so they can get covered in body paint and dress up.

That's something that's always intrigued me about the Zoo Project. Its set up seems to be geared towards a more "serious" crowd, with unannounced line ups, style of music etc. But when you're kicking about San An when it's on there's half naked folk covered in glittery body paint everywhere. May be stereotyping a little, but I don't usually equate the latter with the former.

Getting painted up then going into Elrow always used to be a lot of fun. Just fit with the vibe pretty well. Shame that won't be happening anymore. But with it being on Sunday now frees up Ants for punters.

Getting painted up then going into Elrow always used to be a lot of fun. Just fit with the vibe pretty well. Shame that won't be happening anymore. But with it being on Sunday now frees up Ants for punters.

I don't see the fun in it myself mate - a pain in the hole once you straighten up! :lol: Plus, when you're in a busy club and someone sweaty and painted up squashes past you it ends up everywhere.

Always find it quite funny in the taxi queue at the bottom of the West End when the taxi drivers refuse to take people and they get quite upset at the knock back. Reasonable if they're covered head to toe in paint :D

That's something that's always intrigued me about the Zoo Project. Its set up seems to be geared towards a more "serious" crowd, with unannounced line ups, style of music etc. But when you're kicking about San An when it's on there's half naked folk covered in glittery body paint everywhere. May be stereotyping a little, but I don't usually equate the latter with the former.

I agree it always seems an odd mix! I've also seen Hen Do's book to go there, now I don't want to stereotype as some brides and their friends may be big underground fans...but you suspect most might have been happier seeing Guetta, go to Ushuaia or Ocean Beach etc

Is Solardo really that good? These guys are everywhere at Ants and every week at Prydz
They happily retweet vids of themselves snorting coke off punters etc whilst theyre dj'ing. So i think the younguns think theyre the dogs. I think their popularity will fizzle out when this tech house crowd who are 'waiting for the drop' realise the music they think is great is actually shite

They happily retweet vids of themselves snorting coke off punters etc whilst theyre dj'ing. So i think the younguns think theyre the dogs. I think their popularity will fizzle out when this tech house crowd who are 'waiting for the drop' realise the music they think is great is actually shite
Excellent description said this since day one.

A mean come on we know some djs have the odd line but its stupity to openly promote drug use

I think their popularity will fizzle out when this tech house crowd who are 'waiting for the drop' realise the music they think is great is actually shite

I don't get this whole tech house craze...I like the odd tune here and there but most of it is so repetitive in a bad way. Solardo and Camelphat that Aug 4th is putting me off But I'll see if the TBA serves me well. Much prefer Nic and Steve doing a 3 hour set

I don't get this whole tech house craze...I like the odd tune here and there but most of it is so repetitive in a bad way. Solardo and Camelphat that Aug 4th is putting me off But I'll see if the TBA serves me well. Much prefer Nic and Steve doing a 3 hour set
Do you not find Lawler and Fanciulli to be as repetitive in a bad way? I certainly do.

Do you not find Lawler and Fanciulli to be as repetitive in a bad way? I certainly do.

Probably not including Lawler in this, but many of these DJs (i.e many of the Ants Main Stage DJs) fail what I call the "more than once a year" test. i.e. If you go on holiday and go to Ants once a year, see Andrea Olivia or Joris & Nic you probably have a brilliant time and they play the music of that year. Tick. Try listening to them week in week out and you get bored to death. Go to say Solomun or Sven two weeks in a row, and you get a completely different set!

Probably not including Lawler in this, but many of these DJs (i.e many of the Ants Main Stage DJs) fail what I call the "more than once a year" test. i.e. If you go on holiday and go to Ants once a year, see Andrea Olivia or Joris & Nic you probably have a brilliant time and they play the music of that year. Tick. Try listening to them week in week out and you get bored to death. Go to say Solomun or Sven two weeks in a row, and you get a completely different set!

Completely agree with this post - however, I would say although Joris has gone downhill a bit recently for me he is miles above the other two and has played some excellent, versatile sets in the past. Always found Nic and Andrea both very predictable... but they will do the job for the average once a season punter.

No, they're better but TBH I haven't heard Solardo properly but I have a feeling its in the realm of Latmun, Josh Butler etc. Steve and Nic put some variety in their sets so don't really hear them with tech house. I certainly respect them more.

No, they're better but TBH I haven't heard Solardo properly but I have a feeling its in the realm of Latmun, Josh Butler etc. Steve and Nic put some variety in their sets so don't really hear them with tech house. I certainly respect them more.
All down to taste then because Lawler and Fanciulli bore me to tears. The once a year test is a good point imo

Totally agree. I apply the once a year principle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back