*** Ibiza Gossip 2016 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess I've not. Okay then, but day of the week aside, I'm sticking with my prediction: Abode to go weekly!

Fuse are making huuuuuuuge waves internationally now. Moreso than 18 months ago perhaps. Regular nights in Belgium & Berlin. Forays in Leeds & Manchester. Also Italy I believe (?)

I make you right... what I should have said is, Abode is like what Fuse was say three years ago (not very well know outside of London)..

I hear ya. Abode is certainly the hottest party in London right now, no doubt. Understandably - like every party - it has fans as well as people who are not so keen.

I can't recall a promoter who has utilised social media as a tool better than them. Their marketing campaign is second to none. And that's in no small part to the team & network that they have built.

I think that their UK reputation will grow. They're already branching-out across the south east. More festival appearances in the pipeline too.

It is strange to see so much London influence at Sankeys considering their heritage with the north. I wonder how Mancunian promoters feel about this? Is DV simply playing the percentages? Are there considerably more southern UK visitors to Ibiza, compared to northern??

Last edited:
Everytime I've stayed in Bossa everyone seems to be from either Essex or London, so from my personal experience I would say there are more Southern visitors than Northern...

All you hear at Jet for example is Essex/ London accents (not necessary a good thing)

What is it all about? Is there a Maidstone connection in there somewhere? What the sound of the party?

It's just a no-nonsense, unpretentious party which plays commercially assessable house music. Nothing cutting edge or truly underground (which is why some dislike), but great party atmosphere nonetheless. Decent surprise guests, and a tonne of up-and-coming talent on the bill.

Kai who runs it is from Kent, the Deal area I think. Links with Canterbury. George Harrison (marketing/DJ) is from Tonbridge area, and there are a few other DJs from Medway involved - Luke Wood & Lewis Clark. Most of their residents are London-based guys.

apparently play 2 in the west end has been rented by linekers!

forum member umbongo will be able to confirm...

ec485c3c-aa0a-4407-9d64-3478c95f64e0.jpg

ALEX WRlGHT

didn't take too long...

Interesting. Fuse at HYTE in Ibiza, may pull some more Brits in (and yes they are moving beyond UK I know), but HTYE & Fuse up against Paradise on a Wednesday?

What's the latest MUSIC ON rumours? Will he leave / won't he? Anyone else thing he may wait until Ushuaia take over Space and then he gets a full on multi-room Music ON experience there! Pre party at Ushuaia followed by over the road all night?

Fuse is a cracking club night. Great music policy. Loyal following.
Do I think it has enough pull factor to fill either Amnesia terrace or Main Room? No. There is no "star power" there. Which - rightly or wrongly - it what Hyte need to make it a success on par with Cocoon & Music On.

Fuse is much, much better suited to a sweaty, intimate venue. Stripped back, and all about the music.

totally agree to what WIC says. and frankly, them doing the HYTE x FUSE in AMS doesn't have to say anything about ibiza - but it obviously could...

I simply stick to what I said originally, I think HYTE will be looking left, right and centre for collaborations to big up their line ups. if the amnesia tech trio program stays as is (cocoon mondays, HYTE wednesdays and music on fridays), they'll always be in a difficult situation, simply because both cocoon and music on already have a very loyal crowd and they simply have a bigger headliner and definitely a more fine-tuned line up overall.

Fuse is one of the best belgian clubs since years... (mid-90s) - maybe you are con-fuse-ing? :)

I checked. Done a few nights in Zurich. I thought it had been Antwerp. Perhaps some confusion with club of same name :spank:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back