Ibiza...Dead Or Alive??

The main price issue is the cost of water and other drinks in the main clubs. You tend to budget for a holiday, but how can you budget for this? Even knowing about the prices isn't enough, as you can never really know how hot you will be, or thirsty.

After spending the money getting in, you could spend anywhere from £40 - £150!!! once inside. And the joke of it is, you really need to do this to look after your body.

In addition, the nature of DJ no-shows, last minute line-up changes and some poor DJ performances just makes the whole thing worse.

Therefore, I say, go. Enjoy yourself, but do something else rather than having a total clubbing holiday.

I went out only 3 times in 2 weeks. And only to 2 main clubs. Pick wisely, prepare and plan and you will enjoy the clubbing experience so much more than just visiting everything.

On another issue, just because there are other places to visit other than Ibiza, doesn't mean you won't enjoy yourself.

I'm definitely off to Croatia next year. It looks beautiful and relatively cheap. Remember, in just about every country in the world, there are people like you, who like dance music and go to clubs or parties. Ibiza is just very well set up and marketed for this. In addition, the smallness of the island, means everything is concentrated.

But look for other forums, ask questions about the nightlife and you could find a real paradise.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for other sites and places and let you all know, but if you want to go back to Ibiza, go. But try to avoid spending all your money on Mr Nightclub Owner, his merchandise and water. Give this money to the locals, working to give you food and other entertainments.

agree with first timer that Ibiza isn't really that expensive, it's just the clubs.

last week me&mrs rustwoo spend 1000 euros between us.

350 euros for sunday at space, pacha on wed and manumission carry on plus a two days of bora bora
100 euros for a car
100 euros for food in villa
250 euros for food out (inc 2 'nice' restaurants)
100 euros on booze and stuff
100 euros pissed away on this and that

the moral kids is stay away from those pesky nightclubs

the moral kids is stay away from those pesky nightclubs

Aaah. He sounds dead old when he says that doesn't he? ;)

Not surprised you didn't spend much cash anyway Rusty! :D

Even tighter than me!!! And that's saying something!

No, but seriously, I spent a grrrrrand total of....

£750 on my holiday! I had a great time and went to three clubs.

Oh and that was for two people, for two weeks!!!! Take that! We even got the bus from the airport, cases and all plus a change in Ibiza Town.

Still spent more on the holiday than the flights and accomodation put together though! I'll try harder next time eh?

Hi,

yeah the clubs maybe good, but there are some wonderfull restaurants at reasonbale prices, there are also some great beaches to spend days on, so maybe save a little money and do that, but it really depends on what you go for, if you go for the clubs expect to spend major bucks but you can have a budget holiday in ibiza..

But of course, we're moving away from the real money issue.

It's not how much you spend, so much as where you choose to put it.

Go out there and save money to spend big-time in the clubs, and you will be supporting the rip-off culture.

Which is why I advocate staying in one night and pampering yourself with the rest of what the island can offer.

Tidyboy-

So you are going to rent an apt?? That would be a lot of fun........are you just planning on saving money before you go, or working there??

I will see what my plans are in the next little while and let you know. I had wanted to spend some time in the UK and then Ibiza next yr.

Drew-

So in your opinion was July not worth it?? September for me was fun, I would have liked to see a few more people though........things when I was there did not seem to have a lot of people until later.....I would have liked to see more people in the beginning instead of waiting for a few hrs. It is really packed in Aug I take it? Unbearable? I did like going to the closing parties....they were special, that is why I was thinking about the opening.......I could be at the first party of the season.....that would be something to remember!!

I really enjoyed July. I usually go in late August, but it was so peaceful. What with all them brats still at school.

Plus, it's not so busy that you have to queue everywhere, stand on buses etc...

Back