Ibiza Castle Into Town At Night

WeLuvIbiza

For something different one evening.

Get a cab or walk from the Figueretas side to the top of the hill where the castle is. Then have a peaceful stroll down the tiny winding streets towards Ibiza Town. It's a great experience seeing the olde world houses and the peace and quiet down the steep hillside. Then as if by magic you happen across the busy streets with all the fabulous restraunts.

We did this by accident a few years back on our first trip to Ibiza. I suggested taking a shortcut up the hill from Figueretas and down into the town. Turned out to be a bit longer than I thought, but a fabulous experience. Couldn't hear any noise from the busy streets, totally surreal.

good one!! :D

AHA152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like just what I'm looking for. I'm not a clubber and neither is my wife but were not afraid of a drinky and a little dance :).

Thanks, we will try this on out 1st trip in 5 weeks.

Yes, that's very nice.
I did this several times to show this friends! It's so great to watch over Eivissa and the habour...all the lights and everything (people and noise and music) seems to be far away!

But please get good shoes on (sneakers or ones which are not napless) because the stones in the streets are very slippery ...

;)

Is that pink spot El devino?

Very nice pic ... i love ibiza and the harbour bu night ... realllly a nice view and something completely different then a night clubbing! Very good for a night off

Yeah I did this walk this year around midnight and it was spectacular. It was the night (15 Sep) of the lightning that went on for hours. It was pitch black up the steep road leading up to the castle from Figueretas with the lightning in the distance. Quite an awesome sight. I wish I'd taken some pictures now :confused: :rolleyes:

Bubble said:
Yeah I did this walk this year around midnight and it was spectacular. It was the night (15 Sep) of the lightning that went on for hours. It was pitch black up the steep road leading up to the castle from Figueretas with the lightning in the distance. Quite an awesome sight. I wish I'd taken some pictures now :confused: :rolleyes:

We were at KM5 that night.

Amazing sight it was.

Lightning with no thunder or riain. Rare sight even in the UK.

Me & N8 walked up there in 2003, views are spectacular and my then friend had a paddy and walked back down without us because her back was hurting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back