Ibiza car driving/scooter

Dont want to know which tragedys happen every year in ibiza in this case. There are a lot of people who dont have 1 or 2000 E ( not only young ).
The car is away , no money and the plane goes next day. Thank you ..

Dont want to know which tragedys happen every year in ibiza in this case. There are a lot of people who dont have 1 or 2000 E ( not only young ).
The car is away , no money and the plane goes next day. Thank you ..

Their own fault.. If you are going to drink/do drugs and drive you need to face the consequences when caught..

They keep the vehicle if you don't pay?

The rented vehicle is payed before. Write a mail to Avis: Cannot give back your car. its at the police ... from your home country. They send you a bill for pickup which is cheaper than the bill of the fine. You cannot go back uo ibz next 10 years , but its cheaper ...

The rented vehicle is payed before. Write a mail to Avis: Cannot give back your car. its at the police ... from your home country. They send you a bill for pickup which is cheaper than the bill of the fine. You cannot go back uo ibz next 10 years , but its cheaper ...
France has a agreement with Spain, you pay the fine...
I don't know for others countries, but I'm pretty sure it exists for others Europeans countries.

I got a multa por exceso de velocidad (speeding fine) 2/3 years back. They do chase now (certainly at national level)

I think it was on the main Ibiza-SA road - camera at the tunnel perhaps?

I've been riding motorbikes of various capacities on British roads for over 30 years now (I currently own a 750cc and an 1100cc :cool:) and I wouldn't even consider hiring a scooter in Ibiza. Apart from the fact that every 2nd driver seems to want to kill someone the road surfaces are very shiny and dusty and therefore quite slippery. Also it only takes a few spots of rain to turn them into a virtual skid pan. Not for me thanks, but if you really want to take your life in your hands...

I've been riding bikes on the island for years and have luckily never even come close to an accident. I ride a 125 Vespa, a Honda CBR125 and a 900 Triumph. In summer, they are absolutely the best way to cruise past the traffic road blocks in towns and to enjoy the beauty of the open roads of the countryside. You have to ride sensibly and defensively and on NO account consume anything which will impair your judgement. One loss of concentration can end up in a very painful accident - given that most people ride without protective clothing in summer, that is absolutely rule number 1.

If you want to explore the island or park close to the town centres and beaches, a scooter is a perfect way to get around. I would strongly recommend renting one bike per person - many of the cheap 50cc bikes just aren't up to the job of carrying passengers safely. Especially in Formentera where the roads tend to be very sandy. Owners of a full car licence are entitled to rent a 125cc bike, which is a far better option imo.

Please take extra care at roundabouts because many people here on the island are under the mistaken belief that they can turn left around the roundabout from the right hand lane. It is a recipe for disaster, especially for motorcyclists if they suddenly swing across your path without indicating. If you're thinking of partying leave the bike at home and get a cab/bus. Otherwise, ride carefully, stay safe and enjoy the beautiful island of Ibiza.

Last edited:
Back