Ibiza Buses

šŸ˜‚ ignore me, just realised you meant catching the bus home, not straight from the airport!!

Still, really do take care when crossing that road especially if you have indulged

Yes, it will stop close by, maybe a few hundred metres away, but it will be dark and you'll have to cross a very busy and fast road. There's no pedestrian crossing or real pavements and the lights of headlights and Cova Santa itself will be all there is. Please take lots of care if you are planning on doing this. Even the road down and then up to Cova Santa is not lit

For the first bus to San Antonio in the morning, you'll need to stay to the bitter end

And it's worth mentioning, you're probably not going to see HernƔn or Nick play if you're getting there after midnight. Unless I'm mistaken, they will play 3 hours outside, finishing at midnight latest (maybe even earlier). Cova Santa really is all about the evening to night phase outside. Unless there's somebody playing downstairs that you really want to see, with luggage and your journey to your hotel in the morning...
Thanks for the info....ive been to cova santa before but just couldn't remember a bus stop on the other side....Hernan n Warren go from 6pm till midnight by looks of it.......im still 50/50.... 1st day in ibiza on Friday so see how the day pans out with family......thanks again

to clarify; to benefit from free travel you need to have a tarjeta de transporte which is a a kind of oyster card lite. anybody can get one of these cards by going along to the consell or 3 other places with a passport photo and a passport. there is no longer any need to load money onto the card as it's free (and has been for some months now)

lucky ibicencos can actually apply online for the card but anyone else has to go in person so if you value your time spent waiting for hours in a goverment office as less than the price of a few bus fares, then this card is for you.

to clarify; to benefit from free travel you need to have a tarjeta de transporte which is a a kind of oyster card lite. anybody can get one of these cards by going along to the consell or 3 other places with a passport photo and a passport. there is no longer any need to load money onto the card as it's free (and has been for some months now)

lucky ibicencos can actually apply online for the card but anyone else has to go in person so if you value your time spent waiting for hours in a goverment office as less than the price of a few bus fares, then this card is for you.

Would renting in Ibiza be sufficient? Or do you need a Residencia card?

Would renting in Ibiza be sufficient? Or do you need a Residencia card?
I believe, up until now, to get the card from the Consell it wasnā€™t necessary to prove residence status on the island and people of any nationality could benefit, it remains to see if that will carry on to be the same with the extension for 2023.
Best to get down to the Consell when you are here. It took me only a couple of minutes to get mine sorted and I was issued one on the spot,

Last edited:
yes, as i said "anybody"

the free transport is for regular users of public transport, hence the need for the tarjeta/card.
here are the places you can obtain one

Oficina de asistencia en materia de registro (OAMR), Consell insular dā€™Eivissa (Avda. EspaƱa, 49, planta baja, 07800 - Eivissa)
Ayuntamiento de Santa EulĆ ria des Riu (c/ de MariĆ  Riquer Wallis, 4, 07840 - Santa EulĆ ria des Riu)
Oficina Municipal Ntra. Sra. de JesĆŗs, edificio Centro Cultural de JesĆŗs (c/ del FaisĆ , 7, 07819 - Nuestra SeƱora de JesĆŗs)
Centro de informaciĆ³n Juvenil (CIJSAP), edificio Espai Jove, (c/ RamĆ³n y Cajal, 19, planta baja, 07820 - Sant Antoni de Portmany)

At the Consell in Ibiza I didnā€™t need to bring my own photos as they took it there and then with their own csmera.
Once the card is issued youā€™ll need to ā€œvalidateā€ it with the driver on your first bus trip by simply telling him/her that you need to do so, after that on future trips, just tap the card on the reader as you board the bus and thatā€™s all.

What app is this?
Apologies, as I bookmarked it on my phone I thought it was an app šŸ™ˆ I meant the TIB website:

Or you can use this too which Iā€™m guessing is updated monthly:

ā€¦and now it turns out thereā€™s an app after all šŸ¤¦šŸ˜‚

ā€¦and now it turns out thereā€™s an app after all šŸ¤¦šŸ˜‚

Yess I saw this but only saw the old timings on there

Thanks so much for sharing everything!

Back