Ibiza Buses

I am not entirely sure, but my bet is that's the wednesdays when the es canar hippie market is on.

We got a bus from San Antonio to PDB on Saturday.

Only cost a few euros and was a comfy air conditioned coach. Dropped us right on the strip along by Ushuaia :D
San an / pdb / old town has fantastic public transport links. Very affordable and mostly always reliable for those who want to budget in areas.. we religiously use the party bus / bus links as it just makes sense when trying to keep some of the holiday cost down to spend in other areas

Plus a kind of like starting the night down the station in San an before heading to whatever club, adds to the night getting in the mood with other like minded messes 😂

San an / pdb / old town has fantastic public transport links. Very affordable and mostly always reliable for those who want to budget in areas.. we religiously use the party bus / bus links as it just makes sense when trying to keep some of the holiday cost down to spend in other areas

Plus a kind of like starting the night down the station in San an before heading to whatever club, adds to the night getting in the mood with other like minded messes 😂

Same mate, it’s a good atmosphere on the bus from San An with everyone going to various parties. Can feel the energy :D

I also enjoy the disco bus... last time i did Cocoon at Amnesia, i was on my own... a packed bus and i was only person to get off at Amnesia 🤣

Wife and I will be on our way this week and are planning to use primarily buses. I have a few questions I am hoping somebody can help with...

1. Is there an option to buy a weekly bus pass? Or maybe 10 fares at once?

2. If you pay on the bus, do they accept cards? Cash? Do they only accept exact amount?

3. Is Ibiza, outside of major towns, pretty walkable? Many of the routes Im looking at include a short walk from the stop to the destination, but Id like to avoid walking on the side of busy roads without a sidewalk / pedestrian path.

Wife and I will be on our way this week and are planning to use primarily buses. I have a few questions I am hoping somebody can help with...

2. If you pay on the bus, do they accept cards? Cash? Do they only accept exact amount?

3. Is Ibiza, outside of major towns, pretty walkable? Many of the routes Im looking at include a short walk from the stop to the destination, but Id like to avoid walking on the side of busy roads without a sidewalk / pedestrian path.
You see less people using the bus for short distances, normally from beginning to end.

1. There is a card that you can get and preload I think, like an Oyster, but no weekly all encompassing ticket (which I say again, is a shame)

EDIT- some limited details HERE

1. There is a card that you can get and preload I think, like an Oyster, but no weekly all encompassing ticket (which I say again, is a shame)

I've had the red General Travel card for several years now. At the time the only place you could get it was at the Consell insular d’Eivissa (Council office in Ibiza town). Not sure if this is still the case. The card is free - it has your portrait ID on it.
You load it up on the bus - price depends on where you're going - I normally use it for San An to Cala Conta which is 26 Euros for 20 tickets. Basically saving two thirds off normal fares. Also saves hassle on the bus having lots of small change.

Can anyone confirm that the last airport bus to San An stops at cova Santa just after 12?...thinking i might goto the soundgarden for Warren n Cattaneo B2B next week and catch this bus back to San An Bay due to taxis being scarce.....

Thanks

My read of this when I looked in to it was that it was for residents. Initially I seen that you need a passport or other offical id and I was like cool, I'll be having that - and then it seemed to be that this was in addition to your resident permit. Hope I am wrong on all that.

Can anyone confirm that the last airport bus to San An stops at cova Santa just after 12?...thinking i might goto the soundgarden for Warren n Cattaneo B2B next week and catch this bus back to San An Bay due to taxis being scarce.....

Thanks
Yes, it will stop close by, maybe a few hundred metres away, but it will be dark and you'll have to cross a very busy and fast road. There's no pedestrian crossing or real pavements and the lights of headlights and Cova Santa itself will be all there is. Please take lots of care if you are planning on doing this. Even the road down and then up to Cova Santa is not lit

For the first bus to San Antonio in the morning, you'll need to stay to the bitter end

And it's worth mentioning, you're probably not going to see Hernán or Nick play if you're getting there after midnight. Unless I'm mistaken, they will play 3 hours outside, finishing at midnight latest (maybe even earlier). Cova Santa really is all about the evening to night phase outside. Unless there's somebody playing downstairs that you really want to see, with luggage and your journey to your hotel in the morning...

Last edited:
Back