*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Within reason I do agree with @Life of Rye that DC10 probably are the club that has stuck to its roots the most - but they are far from whiter than white and purely underground as they would have you believe.

As @elmooreo also said they do have a huge VIP area and they've had people like Virgil Abloh (menswear director for Louis Vuitton & OffWhite) playing for them this season whilst they parade around in expensive designer clothing in the booth. Don't be fooled - their soul is definitely for sale!

Pay wise - my understanding (I'm sure this has been discussed on here before) is that lesser known and up and coming DJ's play at Circoloco as more of an investment than a big payday; if you get a gig here and have Circloco on your CV you are going to get bookings elsewhere where you earn your money. Big DJ's such as Carola, Dice, Luciano are in a different boat - they aren't being a guest at this party because they want a big payday, they're playing here because they love the party and they enjoy playing at Circoloco.

That being the case I don't think 50 euro for a ticket is extortionate, certainly not in Ibiza's current climate; but I would also argue that there is no need to increase ticket prices to combat an issue which essentially revolves around greed and a lack of care for customers as opposed to paying big fee's for DJ's or having large overheads.

Carola plays there for street credibility and because his customers are there.

As regards VIP, I believe there are two entirely different concepts to have a visible table-for-sale area or to have a hidden area.

So with their weekly lineups of in the region of 20 DJ's spanning over a duration of 16hrs - I don't think they're being greedy asking for 50 euro at the door and charging 5euro for a bottle of water....Carola has his own night at Amnesia so he can't be cheap???

DC10 in my opinion are the club that are keeping away from VIP and sticking to their roots
Mate check the price of there vip ,, think it starts at 10k

re dc10 we have be a bit more specific I think.

they have a tiny VIP in the main room.

and then they have a big backstage area which IMO really can't be compared to a VIP area. there aren't any tables, there's no speakers neither. it's just a big open air area with bars where the industry meets. of course you sometimes get famous people in that bit too but it really isn't a vip zone.

Would charging more mean less people? The door price has risen steadily over the last 10 years and it doesn't seem to deter anyone.

Each dj gets same fee at dc10 for circo loco - it used to be €500 but may be more now. DJ's used to turn up there and ask to pay for free when it was in its peak peak years.

There is a massive "vip" area for faces and locals, it just isn't as visible as it is in other clubs, it stretches around behind the terrace.

Clubs in Ibiza are crowded for opening/closing. DC10 suffers as it is smaller than amnesia and Hi but probably on occasion more in demand. If you don't like crowds, go for the garden and then move on - next year I intend to double up with a ricardo pyramid date...all depends on musical taste of course.

DC10 is exclusive being open a couple times a week - There is massive demand. People would pay 70 euro or more to still go in my opinion

Remember the big air raid siren on the dc10 terrace, that was good

Now replaced by an mp3 version in every club 18-30 party bar

Remember the big air raid siren on the dc10 terrace, that was good

Now replaced by an mp3 version in every club 18-30 party bar

just thinking who that was who always used it. italian DJ duo. can't think of their name right now.

this year, has anyone been to a party they thought was off-the-charts amazing where all the ingredients came together? where the DJ blew people's minds?

I think the most positive review (might have been perrylgooner?) I've seen was for Gerd at DC10

this year, has anyone been to a party they thought was off-the-charts amazing where all the ingredients came together? where the DJ blew people's minds?

I think the most positive review (might have been perrylgooner?) I've seen was for Gerd at DC10
DJ Hell at Sankeys earlier this year was superb musically but crowd and atmosphere lacking due to numbers. Shame, couldve been special

P.s... He's actually playing for a local promoter near me in November in a really small basement... cant wait

Yeah indeed @Kim Wrong Un it was Gerd Janson that blew my mind this year - not at DC10 though, it was his warm-up at Cocoon for Sven which was phenomenal and to be fair Sven was equally as good shortly after.

I would also like to mention Dixon at Solomun+1 and Sasha & Digweed at Resistance which were both also excellent.

Although my best party of the season so far was DJ Koze and Sven - musically Gerd was stronger than Koze, but there was 'something in the air' that night. The atmosphere, crowd and music wrapped up together was something special. Sven was on great form and the b2b between them I really enjoyed. I came away from that party saying it was one of my greatest Ibiza memories and I stand by that - it was just the perfect storm for our group!

Back