*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

that said, I think abode are going to have decent line ups that should bring in numbers.

I hope they do well, I like them as a label and their Uganda project is the sort of thing you see too little of in the world. I'll probably give their night a go when I'm there, suits me not to have Amnesia too rammed anyway, I have a bit of a fear of a fire/crush when places are too packed.

I can see it struggling then..

Does it have a massive UK following - yes, will it be popular with a lot of San An workers - yes. However, as has been said before, does that guarantee you a full club every week? Not so sure. IMO Amnesia is an unforgiving place to fill. You kind of can't hide a 1/4 full club unlike how you can in other clubs. I've had some amazing nights on the old Space Terraza with a 200 people, or even Pacha with a small mob of people at the end.

General rules of thumb for a successful night in Kent/Essex/South London right now - come up with an alternative name/term/translation for "house" i.e. "abode", "maison", "casa" as a name for your party...get resident dj's with tatoo sleeves who play generic tech house but occasionally drop in "the cure and the cause" or an Armand Van Helden speed garage remix like "Sugar Daddy" or "Spin Spin Sugar"... then promote the shit out of it on instagram and all socials. Build up until the day you can afford to book Solardo, then just let things progress organically from there!

General rules of thumb for a successful night in Kent/Essex/South London right now - come up with an alternative name/term/translation for "house" i.e. "abode", "maison", "casa" as a name for your party...get resident dj's with tatoo sleeves who play generic tech house but occasionally drop in "the cure and the cause" or an Armand Van Helden speed garage remix like "Sugar Daddy" or "Spin Spin Sugar"... then promote the shit out of it on instagram and all socials. Build up until the day you can afford to book Solardo, then just let things progress organically from there!

I quite like Abode :oops:;)

"generic tech house" "Essex" "big groups of teens"

hmm... don't ever take up a career in 'sales' :lol:

Having said that, 2 of my best mates are from Essex, although probably a bit old to do the Harl-ow Shuffle

no words about sundays, I'm guessing it's gonna be EDM with different headliners again?

no, as far as we are aware they are focussing all their energy on cova santa's woomoon that day. there might be changes, but for now I don't think there will be a regular event at amnesia on sunday nights.

yup, not gonna be an easy one for them. especially not considering the afterlife line ups that came out yesterday. plus there is the still to be released unusual suspect roster too, then you have do not sit on the furniture over at heart...but hey this is ibiza, promoters are playing clubbing champions league here.

Hmm you not think the 2 nights (afterlife & Abode) are two lots of completely different punters? I don't see those afterlife line ups affecting Abode and can still see abode doing really well

Wait and see i guess!

P.s (I know which one i'll be attending and it isnt abode)

Post of year

Hmm you not think the 2 nights (afterlife & Abode) are two lots of completely different punters? I don't see those afterlife line ups affecting Abode and can still see abode doing really well

Wait and see i guess!

P.s (I know which one i'll be attending and it isnt abode)

I get what you are saying but let's not forget a lot of the potential abode crowd might choose a different night at amnesia (music on or elrow for example) and then they might still be curious to finally see the new club that is hï. plus names like dixon, jamie jones etc always attract a crowd. it's what I mentioned months ago, ABODE won't just fight against other nights on the same day, they will also 'fight' against in-house competition on other nights of the week.

it will be a very interesting season this one!

I get what you are saying but let's not forget a lot of the potential abode crowd might choose a different night at amnesia (music on or elrow for example) and then they might still be curious to finally see the new club that is hï. plus names like dixon, jamie jones etc always attract a crowd. it's what I mentioned months ago, ABODE won't just fight against other nights on the same day, they will also 'fight' against in-house competition on other nights of the week.

it will be a very interesting season this one!

V true about Music on & especially Elrow !

Back