*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Real shift in tempo in San An the past few days.
There's PRs on the West End (though it's still quiet), the looky-looky men and women have arrived and all of the bars along the promenade are now open.
The slingshot was opened for the first time yesterday and there's a rowdiness that wasn't about last week.
Oh, and @Dirk Bigler - Wips opened today!

Is Wips not open all year round?

Nice write-up. What was most interesting is what you said about Cocoon and Amnesia, about they wanted to bring in acts to appeal to the VIP area upstairs. What kind of artists were they thinking specifically?

for now, what is stated in the piece is what I can tell you.

Hey Stivi, random question and apologies if I missed it but did you guys make a beginning of the season “hype” video this year? I always enjoy those videos, the one with “welcome to the jungle” as the music a few years ago was my favorite :D

here is part four of the season preview series guys. all about them cherries...
https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2018/05/ibiza-season-preview-2018-part-4-pacha-ibiza

Good article. Interesting that with regards to "Pure Pacha" and the competition that night, that they have not shaken that night up a bit more. I get that Saturday at Pacha has always attracted a lot of locals etc - but what is the appeal of Bob Sinclair to people? Just that he dresses up French and is a slight showman? I suppose with all the €€€ they are spending on other nights, this is probably a low DJ Fee night.

Hey Stivi, random question and apologies if I missed it but did you guys make a beginning of the season “hype” video this year? I always enjoy those videos, the one with “welcome to the jungle” as the music a few years ago was my favorite :D

there was one yeah - a bit different this year (can't always do the same)

What are people's views on the Labyrinth line-ups? Feels a bit "Ants" when I first read them, but still some good nights there. I actually think the nights where he gets Erik Morillo, AVH etc there are more interesting. It helps differentiate the line-ups with other nights at Pacha.

What are people's views on the Labyrinth line-ups? Feels a bit "Ants" when I first read them, but still some good nights there. I actually think the nights where he gets Erik Morillo, AVH etc there are more interesting. It helps differentiate the line-ups with other nights at Pacha.
We've got Sasha on the 21st Sept, made up with that !

Good article. Interesting that with regards to "Pure Pacha" and the competition that night, that they have not shaken that night up a bit more. I get that Saturday at Pacha has always attracted a lot of locals etc - but what is the appeal of Bob Sinclair to people? Just that he dresses up French and is a slight showman? I suppose with all the €€€ they are spending on other nights, this is probably a low DJ Fee night.

To be fair I went to see Bob Sinclar last year with fairly low expectations as a freind wanted to go and I thought he was great!

The Parisien theme looks good inside Pacha and yes the Saturday night attracts a lot of locals and weekend trippers from mainland Spain and France.

Also don't forget Pacha lost the popular MyHouse Martin Solveig night this year, leaving them with FMIF as their only EDM night. I don't think any club can do a whole week of EDM or a whole week of underground stuff, it has to be a mix.

2 nights commerical house, 5 nights more underground seems a good mix for how the scene is at the moment

Also don't forget Pacha lost the popular MyHouse Martin Solveig night this year, leaving them with FMIF as their only EDM night. I don't think any club can do a whole week of EDM or a whole week of underground stuff, it has to be a mix.

2 nights commerical house, 4 nights more underground seems a good mix for how the scene is at the moment

they might have lost myhouse, but martin solveig still plays on a number of tuesdays (for tuesdays on mars) - that just came out a few hours ago. plus, wait until you see the still to be announced artists for that night..

monday - alternative
tuesday - commercial
wednesday - underground
thursday - commercial
friday - underground-ish (or let's just say: credible)
saturday - commercial
sunday - undeground

good mix I think.

To be fair I went to see Bob Sinclar last year with fairly low expectations as a freind wanted to go and I thought he was great!

The Parisien theme looks good inside Pacha and yes the Saturday night attracts a lot of locals and weekend trippers from mainland Spain and France.

2 nights commerical house, 5 nights more underground seems a good mix for how the scene is at the moment

Some good points! And of course they have to mix it up. But Tuesday "Mars" is pretty much a EDM affair really? Fatboy Slim, Martin Solveig, Oliver Heldens, Calvin Harris (Rumour Only). So really Pacha is actually back to doing what they have last few years - 3 EDM - 3 Tech/House and a Flower in between!

Some good points! And of course they have to mix it up. But Tuesday "Mars" is pretty much a EDM affair really? Fatboy Slim, Martin Solveig, Oliver Heldens, Calvin Harris (Rumour Only). So really Pacha is actually back to doing what they have last few years - 3 EDM - 3 Tech/House and a Flower in between!

Oh yeh forgot about Tuesday's, good mix with their lineups then!

Think i’d rather go to Eden! (Im actually lucky enough to be on the Island for the Dynamic takeover @ Dc10 though:p)

they might have lost myhouse, but martin solveig still plays on a number of tuesdays (for tuesdays on mars) - that just came out a few hours ago. plus, wait until you see the still to be announced artists for that night..

monday - alternative
tuesday - commercial
wednesday - underground
thursday - commercial
friday - underground-ish (or let's just say: credible)
saturday - commercial
sunday - undeground

good mix I think.

Any idea when we would be likely to hear about additions to the Tuesday line ups?

Back