I welcome myself to IBIZA!!!!!!!!!!

it is...apartments are supposedly new too and very clean which is a bonus... thats what u should ideally find, someplace where ur sharing paying that price or less with no deposit and with the lack of bodies in ibiza it shouldn't be too hard to haggle the landlords down a bit? i hope there is enough work to pay my way around this summer... i defo wanna go karting, formentera, scuba diving and a few other things...

Well I have some mates who might be able to help me out with free tickets and such...I hope a job aswell

Take care mate...maybe we shall meet for a beer or so ? :D

Cheers,

/m0sh

Deano123 said:
Damn ur gunna find it VERY hard with 80euros, ive been here a week now, and the only job ur guna find netime soon is pring on the westend and the only jobs that are left are ones that pay on commision only, and ive been working 5 days and no pr that i no has had more than 8-9 people a night in , its very quiet at moment only spanish and workers seem to be here, and finding work with accomodation is virtually impossible unless u have contacts allready ur not guna find ne! hope u got enuff for a flight home :(

is exactly the reason why ive had to come home......because of the bars that are left paying commision only they dont care how many staff they take on so therefore loads of competition!! i flew home on the 4th june and the place was still very quiet then!! its going to be a bad season and some residents that i spoke to confirmed there worries and that its even worse than last year so far

Deano123 said:
theres a bar in the westend called delilahs which is 12euros a nite or 70 for the week, not bad place really, good spot with god balcony u shud check it out

are you sure there's a place to sleep there?
I havent seen anything on the net.

newkid said:
ditto... i knew it would be like that. some people don't believe it but the tourism level is dying badly... i met someone who used to pr last year on the westend and made 7 euros for 8 hours work... they are getting strict with the pring now too i heard?

venus apartments are 125 euros a night... thats where my flatmates to be stayed for 4 nights before moving to an apartment. not sure what my apartment is called yet - i gotta call them this week some point so will find out a name for ya..
quote]

the police are really clamping down on pr'ing this year...they were doin mass arrests the other night before i flew home....even accusing a few holidaymakers of pr'ing....its going to be a hard year for pr'ing in the west end if you aint got a licence

the venus apartments only cost us 900 euros a month for a 2 bedroom whilst we were there and hes doin the 2 bedrooms in the brittania for 1000 euros a month but i really doubt he has any left.....when i left though he did have 1 bedrooms but not sure of the price

lee w said:
[

the police are really clamping down on pr'ing this year...they were doin mass arrests the other night before i flew home....even accusing a few holidaymakers of pr'ing....its going to be a hard year for pr'ing in the west end if you aint got a licence

the venus apartments only cost us 900 euros a month for a 2 bedroom whilst we were there and hes doin the 2 bedrooms in the brittania for 1000 euros a month but i really doubt he has any left.....when i left though he did have 1 bedrooms but not sure of the price

my job is sorted (apparently) though i will need to look for another job to make up the money. I don't really need to but that just means i'll be visiting the bank and i don't really wanna have to spend money that i don't earn out there... and my apartment is defo sorted already so i don't really need to worry but i know the pr-ing work is getting totally hard which is why i don't wanna do it... last year i heard bar amsterdam had over 20 pr's!! if the clubs lowered their prices for tickets and drinks it would still be a busy place and i see 2 club owners last year PRing for their own bars and really pushing his staff.. its plain silly u won't get nowhere if u don't lower the prices but they don't seem to get it...

shame u had to come home lee but i know loads of people will be doing that over the season, 2 of my flatmates from last year wanna go and live out there for good but i told them already its not a good idea but they still think they can survive easily.. :eek:

completely agreed mate....dont get me wrong it was great and i had a wicked time but couldnt last out for the duration as its a joke when it comes to jobs! things need to be done/changed otherwise its going to get worse every year....and as for living out there permantely..its hard... as you probably already know you have to get a 6 month contract to be entitled to claim dole over the winter

lee w said:
oh and yeah bar amsterdam have shi* loads of workers once again

not surprising... its sad people are so desperate to stay out there that they work like that... i know its a great place to be but its hell if u have to go through that and it makes living in uk like heaven. i remember coming home last year - proper bed, proper food, proper house there really is no place like home for me. yet i still miss ibiza when i'm not there. point of working out there i think was to get the free club passes and be able to live on what u earn - its got to the point where u get no time off and even when u do u got no money to go anywhere or club passes. i personally will come home if i don't get a decent job out there - just take a hol then come home after a month. shame ibiza is a lovely place - the greedy owners spoil it for everyone.

lee w said:
is exactly the reason why ive had to come home......because of the bars that are left paying commision only they dont care how many staff they take on so therefore loads of competition!! i flew home on the 4th june and the place was still very quiet then!! its going to be a bad season and some residents that i spoke to confirmed there worries and that its even worse than last year so far

sorry to hear you had to come bac lee. :( im sure you will get work fine in a few weeks or even mid season (if you can wait that long!) there will prob be people comin home and changin jobs at this time. hope you sort somat out good luck. :D

Back