I Lost My Mind in DC10......

HarryHotspur

five days into my holiday and its safe to say that my brain cells have been spilled all around the white island..

i wouldnt have it any other way...

got here on saturday morning. beach, bora bora, ancient people, watched england play and then ibiza town.

got caught in a savage lighting storm. didnt expect the english weather to follow me over.

sunday is when things kicked off. space, morning noon and night...

the terrace was magic as per usual, but i was really in my element during the evening, inside..

James Zabiela = God

keep on scratching the f*ck out of those records mate..

space was followed by dc10.

i got mixed reviews about this place. some people love it, others hate it.

when i die, i want my ashes scattered all over the dancefloor.

the terrace was amazing, but the inside was positively EVIL. basslines from hell....

strange paradox about the place is that everyone is mashed up on something. casualties of chemicals. but then everyone knows that. yet, when i first arrived i noticed that security was pretty heavy handed. saw quite a few people chucked out. and when some friends arrived later on in the day they mentioned that the police were body searching people outside.

not too worry though. at one point i spent a good hour walking around the club looking for someone. i kept describing the person and asking:

"have you seen him? have you seen him?"

i then had a moment of total clarity and it dawned on me. i was the person i was looking for...

i´m sure my experience at dc10 has knocked off a good 10 years of my expected life expectency.

oh well...

i honestly cant remember what i did on tuesday.

wednesday, more bora bora and beach and walked around ibiza town in the evening.

bora bora is on fire this year.

went to underwater at pacha. great crowd of people who know how to party. always loved pacha and its layout. music was enjoyable, if not my usual thing. emerson wasnt too bad...

tim westwood = tosspot

i had to pop into the global room to see what he was playing. cant say i really know cause all i could hear was him talking over the records asking the women to remove their tops.

0/5 IMO.

going to KM5 tonight. then theres thursday and friday to look forward too before i return to blighty and the bright lights of london town.

then, all i need to do is wait another 12 months before i return.

having a stunningly good one..........

i should just add, that i did look out for the red dress and `xpander´ but wasnt successful..

hope everyone out here at the moment is enjoying their time as much a i am...

HarryHotspur said:
at one point i spent a good hour walking around the club looking for someone. i kept describing the person and asking:

"have you seen him? have you seen him?"

i then had a moment of total clarity and it dawned on me. i was the person i was looking for...

i´m sure my experience at dc10 has knocked off a good 10 years of my expected life expectency.

oh well...

:lol: :lol:

Mate, second that on both Space and DC10. I came into Space @ 6. The terrazza was packed, but unlike last year I just couldn't get into it. Tom Novy was a bit cack, playing all the obvious tunes and wrecking most mixes, Groove Armada were decent but nothing more...so to the inside I went...and boy am I glad! Zabiela was nothing short of awe-inspiring! What a DJ! After seeing work it my aspiring writere friend said "f*** it, I wanna be a DJ like Zabiela"

Layo & Bushwacka, Scan X ( a discovery) and Garnier were top notch as well. I stayed untill the close @ 6:20. The best party ever. Even got to chat to L & B who (@ 5 am) must have thout I was a right nutter.

DC10 was mad. I also spent most of my time inside. Cirillo ? was good on the terrace, Lottie was not. But Aldrin, Damian Lazarus and Mr. C. were progressively evil like you said. At 7:30 I found myself shaking my head repeatedly at the strobe lights, unable to move my feet. Thank God for sunglasses!
Did you see that freaky chap with no shirt and an afro who kept getting tossed out and coming back. What a place!

did your friend post on the GU forum? sounds like him from what you said. hes post is class and is basically how i felt at the end of that set.

you should get him onto soulseek and download all the JZ sets you can get your hands on.

live @ lot 33 <---------- especially this one.

dc10 was the highlight (along with space). i walked in wondering what i would make of the place and within 1 second i knew i was in hell...but it felt right ;)

i was probably dancing right next to you as well :lol

def my kind of music indoors.

man, what a way to devestate your mind and soul........

next year i'm going to the opening parties (i hope) and then maybe 10 or so days in september.

i just cant get enough.....

Yo Har...

Check your PMs on GU.

And it's actually HER post...you soy una chica... ;)

And I'm all over the Soulseek bid'ness...don't you worry.

DC10 was just nuts. Neither he nor I had ever been...we'd only heard the folklore...and now we know for sure we're going to concentrate most of next year's trip in Playa d'en Bossa (with Space and DC10, why go anywhere else?).

Like Andriy said, the terrace was good, but inside DC10 was dark, evil, and WICKED. I wanted to have Damian Lazarus' little DJ children. He was ON it.

And we probably were dancing right next to you...I was wearing a white cut off shirt with F R A N C E in blue letters across my baps (hehe)...and Andrei was usually not far from me. Maybe you saw us...

haha...oops...sorry for thinking you were a bloke :)

" was wearing a white cut off shirt with F R A N C E in blue letter's across my baps " <------------- i was in no fit state to read at the time :lol

that dance floor was my home all day long, so i'm sure we see each other at one point...

maybe next year ;)

But did you see the really tan guy with the crazy nest of curly hair with no shirt who managed to get into both the DJ booths on the terrace AND inside?

At one point he was laying down on the floor just off to the left side of the booth during Lazarus' set...and security promptly removed him.

About 30 minutes later the crazy nutter was back inside and living it up.

Ah, only in DC10. It's indeed the place. Along with Space.

(and we weren't in a right state to do anything but dance either... ;))

i remember seeing him getting chucked out on one of the occassions. the dj booth incident also sounds familar..

for now, i think i need to rest my fragile mind. my poor poor memory is suffering loads.....

September seems to be the time to go...the ratio of true nutters to accidental people is the best. evrybosy's going for it big time.

Hey Harry aka Spooky, what other parties did you splatter you chemicals-addled brains over?

got there on saturday. was gonna go to hed kandi but the tickets were overpriced and we got caught up in a lighting storm. ended up drinking the night away in ibiza town.

sunday = space (of course)
monday= dc10
tuesday = underwater

i would have loved to have gone to cocoon on the monday night, but again....the people i was with do not like techno. gutted i missed richie hawtin.

thursday night was...well, a strange one. pin-up with sander k is what i wanted but i ended up at cream. please dont laugh at me.

again, the people i was with are more into trance (or were at least before this holiday). so having been instrumental in getting everyone to go to space, dc10 and pacha....i had to go to cream because they wanted to.

its safe to say, this wont happen next year. i knew it would be full of the sant antonio mob and also knew tiesto would be shite.

the other room was actually quite good. different from my usual scene - but a good crowd of people who just wanted to dance and enjoy themselves.

still would have prefered sander k, but i made the most of it regardless. ended up leaving at 7am and then went onto to space on account of the chemical buzz i was on ;)

i'm returning next year - even if i'm on my own - but if my friends return with me, i'm happy to say that nights like cream wont be re-visited.

its all about the prog and the tech-house and the techno and the dark, twisted tribal sounds. and as much James Z as i can get......

i should add, that on the final day there we all managed to wind down by watching the sunset at cafe del mar.

beautiful way to end the holiday. almost had a tear in my eye, mind you...

HarryHotspur said:
i would have loved to have gone to cocoon on the monday night, but again....the people i was with do not like techno. gutted i missed richie hawtin.
Same for us...Hawtin would have been our last night there (left Tuesday morning). After our six days straight of madness and debauchery (culminating in DC10) , we reluctantly realized heading to Cocoon would not behoove us (as we were both already starting to show the signs of wear). Prudent choice as we're both still feeling the consequences of our excesses.

HarryHotspur said:
thursday night was...well, a strange one. pin-up with sander k is what i wanted but i ended up at cream. please dont laugh at me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Kidding. Andriy was at PinUp for SK and Bill Patrick back in August and he could not stop talking about how great the intimate vibe was and how pleasantly surprised he was about how ON Patrick was.

HarryHotspur said:
chemical buzz i was on ;)
Chemical buzz? I'm not sure what you mean. ;)

HarryHotspur said:
i'm returning next year - even if i'm on my own - but if my friends return with me, i'm happy to say that nights like cream wont be re-visited.
Don't even think about going alone. Next year we want to spend two weeks in a villa. You can hook up with us and these great blokes from Portugal we met during Sasha @ Pacha who provided us with the PUREST of enhancements, chemical AND organic. ;);)

HarryHotspur said:
its all about the prog and the tech-house and the techno and the dark, twisted tribal sounds. and as much James Z as i can get......
Couldn't agree more.

Don't even think about going alone. Next year we want to spend two weeks in a villa. You can hook up with us and these great blokes from Portugal we met during Sasha @ Pacha.....

2 weeks...wow, i would need to learn the art of 'pacing myself'....lol.

its a certainty i'm out there next year, so i'm sure closer the time we can talk again :)

we almost got a villa this year, but it fell through at the last minute..hence the apartments we ended up with in da bossa.

2 weeks would also be perfect with regards to how much you can fit into the week. theres a lot of the island that i have yet to see....

Spookster,

'S a pleasure reading all of your posts here and on GU. We feel tremendous nutter kinship with your Limey self. Next year (September preferably) we'd be on a mission from God -- putting a band of mad party animals together to show the White Isle how it's done. No chessy shite, straight up underground caning.

Start getting ready! 8)

haha, this is what i love so much about this scene. music and the love of ibiza bringing complete strangers together. wouldnt happen anywhere else.

i just wish i could go into statis for 12 months...

Gotta agree about DC10

First time we made it there this year, and found the whole experience a life changing one!! (1st Sept), seemed fairly quiet until mid-late afternoon, but everyone there seems totally up for anything. The guys on the decks were well up for a bit of madness, which is what the place seems to be all about to me :D :D :D

If I had to use two words to describe DC10, they would be "Absolutely Boinkers".

We had to leave around 5, to try and look human to see the S Man @ Pacha.

One Big Mash up @ DC10 next year????

6am -- ??? :D :D :D

6 am? you are mad! I love it!

After a straight 12 hour session @ Space last week we HAD to kip for a few hours to remember what our names were and that God is not one Laurent Garnier.

I say about noon to 7-8 is more realistic.

andre27 said:
6 am? you are mad! I love it!
quote]

UR quite right, we didn't see 6am, I would love to see any pictures of people who did!!!

I thought Shelley was going to kill me (literally) when I was shaking her saying come on, come on, youve had 2 hours kip now, surely you still can't be tired :twisted: :twisted:

Back