I hate the UK

The amount you need for a deposit these days, I'd have been staying with my parents for years to save enough!

Maybe I'll be grown up enough for all that mortgage business one day, but for now the idea of living abroad is much more appealing!

That is true. We are both going to be at home for at least another year which can be frustrating at times but shouldnt really complain......just hard to know what to do really.

That is true. We are both going to be at home for at least another year which can be frustrating at times but shouldnt really complain......just hard to know what to do really.

Travl and work overseas... so many options for getting working holiday visas.. working / volunteering, studying in other countries!

No one can ever take away your experiences! :)

Travl and work overseas... so many options for getting working holiday visas.. working / volunteering, studying in other countries!

You have some amazing stories!

And the chance to go to Rio!!!

well i could go now, but id rather have a bit of cash behind me first, besides i've a fair bit to pay off and i want to have money with me when i do make a move so i can explore other ventures ;)

I'm going to T In The Park this weekend , I'm just assuming it's going to piss down. Anything better will be a bonus.

If it's any consolation, the forecast here calls for a rainy July/August as well.

It hasn't been too warm this summer, although winter was also very very mild. I think most of Russia would welcome global warming!

Actually the fact that the general temperature on Earth is rising doesn't mean it would get warmer everywhere, as local climates are affected by several factors such as winds and currents. Global warming causes more extreme weather phenomena around the Earth and such we've seen a lot lately. We for example hardly had any snow in Finland this winter :evil:

Exactly. Also for us EU citizens it's really easy to work or study in another EU country, for example in the Nordic countries or the Netherlands you can cope without speaking the local language since everyone speaks English. Many countries also give university level courses for immigrants, I did such a course in the university of Amsterdam and learned to read, write and speak Dutch pretty well in 9 months.

Aye, for sure. I too feel this bizzare, harsh, climate.

I'm seriously considering moving to Barcelona early next year.

Exactly. Also for us EU citizens it's really easy to work or study in another EU country, for example in the Nordic countries or the Netherlands you can cope without speaking the local language since everyone speaks English. Many countries also give university level courses for immigrants, I did such a course in the university of Amsterdam and learned to read, write and speak Dutch pretty well in 9 months.

Yeah I have a UK passport and a Candian one, so lots of work options... ( I need to take more advantage of them!)

Hopefully will score a few more passports throughout my lifetime :lol:

Word!

Almost 12 years abroad and I don't regret a day of it. The things I've seen! 2 countries, countless adventures, and a lot more opportunities to travel than if I'd stayed back in DC.

Back