I hate the UK

Teaching english as a foreign language. The one I'm taking is actually the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. It's recognised round the world as a basic qualification for English teachers, so you should be able to go anywhere with it.

Do you have to have teachers qualifications here?

The weather is rubbish, and you hate may hate the UK, but deep down you know London is the best city in the world. :D

Same here it's another fuc**ng washout this summer, constant rain and it puts everyone in bad form, im sick of it, if i didn't have loads of bills id be up and away:cry:

Yep absolute gash thanks to this weather and the roads i've missed my flight to serbia for exit:twisted: Earliest flight i could get back on is tomorrow evening at 5-rubbish

Just checked the forecast for Barcelona and it's raining there as well this week. :lol: Still, gotta be better than this. :p

31 degrees here, and it's here till september 8)

The weather is rubbish, and you hate may hate the UK, but deep down you know London is the best city in the world. :D

London is amazing, would be better if the weather was more reliable. And the kids didn't carry knives.:spank:

Same here it's another fuc**ng washout this summer, constant rain and it puts everyone in bad form, im sick of it, if i didn't have loads of bills id be up and away:cry:

Do it !! If you don't like it return to what your doing now. You shouldn't ever have regrets. ;)

Yep absolute gash thanks to this weather and the roads i've missed my flight to serbia for exit:twisted: Earliest flight i could get back on is tomorrow evening at 5-rubbish

That's a funkin mare. :evil:

I worry whether I should buy property or not here........thats our plan at the moment BUT if boyfriend loses his job he is seriously thinking about going abroad. Which means we could both go.

I worry whether I should buy property or not here........thats our plan at the moment BUT if boyfriend loses his job he is seriously thinking about going abroad. Which means we could both go.

The amount you need for a deposit these days, I'd have been staying with my parents for years to save enough!

Maybe I'll be grown up enough for all that mortgage business one day, but for now the idea of living abroad is much more appealing!

Spent a year and a half in australia and its the place to be! Amazing weather, fantastic outdoor activities, amazing nightlife (especially sydney). Its amazing how easier it is to get up in the mornings when there is no sun.

Now my company, have me posted back in Scotland, where did it go so wrong! Drat!

Oh, well, never mind ibiza to look forward to now tho!

Im singing in the rain....not really.Daughter has only just started walking and I cant taker her out over the park coz everywhere is bleedin soaked.

Naff poo rubbish weather.....

Take your CELTA course! I took it a few years ago and it was excellent!

Most 'good' schools overseas will require you have it and you can get much better jobs with it.

It's also good for picking up weekend work in your home country like teaching people how to teach English etc.

Fun stuff.

I really should use my CELTA..took it 5 years ago and used it at the time teaching overseas.

Holly G, it's such a good course, you're going to learn so much from it! :) And you're taking it in Barcelona.. I took it in the oh-so-exciting Petts Wood! :lol:

Take your CELTA course! I took it a few years ago and it was excellent!

Most 'good' schools overseas will require you have it and you can get much better jobs with it.

It's also good for picking up weekend work in your home country like teaching people how to teach English etc.

Fun stuff.

I really should use my CELTA..took it 5 years ago and used it at the time teaching overseas.

Holly G, it's such a good course, you're going to learn so much from it! :) And you're taking it in Barcelona.. I took it in the oh-so-exciting Petts Wood! :lol:

Petts Wood near Orpington? Glamorous. :lol:

That's really good to hear about the course. :p

Petts Wood near Orpington? Glamorous. :lol:

That's really good to hear about the course. :p

yep... that Petts Wood! :lol:

Except the teaching practicum part of it consisted of me teaching about eighteen 18 year old unruly Italian boys :lol:

They get you teaching in your first week. You learn a LOT in just a short amount of time.

Have you planned to go anywhere else after Barcelona to teach?

yep... that Petts Wood! :lol:

Except the teaching practicum part of it consisted of me teaching about eighteen 18 year old unruly Italian boys :lol:

They get you teaching in your first week. You learn a LOT in just a short amount of time.

Have you planned to go anywhere else after Barcelona to teach?

I quite like the idea of South America, but I haven't made any plans. I'm hoping to find work in Barcelona initially and see how I get on. Where did you teach?

I quite like the idea of South America, but I haven't made any plans. I'm hoping to find work in Barcelona initially and see how I get on. Where did you teach?

I was in Japan for 3 years, but I took the CELTA between my 2nd and 3rd year. I really haven't used it since then, which is a shame and I'm reallly thinking I need to use it again. My eye is on South America as well. My flatmate from when I lived in Sydney was in Rio and she's been saying for the past 3 years I should come and stay.... which I don't really know why I haven't. :confused: :lol:

It has been handy though and I'd really like to use it again....soon!!

Yeah, basically Im seeing this as a passport to just go anywhere really. Can't wait to get my teeth into it, but I wanna save a bit of cash first.

Yeah, basically Im seeing this as a passport to just go anywhere really. Can't wait to get my teeth into it, but I wanna save a bit of cash first.

or you could take you CELTA, then go work somewhere and get cash by working somewhere ELSE ;)

Back