I hate the UK

Emma_1983

A month more of this rain? Can you believe this?

Looks like I will be dragging the poncho out again for V, Reading, the rest of the so called summer................:spank:

its a joke isnt it!!!!

bloody soaked on way to work this morning

this time next week ill be landing at the greatest place on earth.

IBIZA!!!!!!! 8)

As a kid i remember the summer's being long and hot like in Huckleberry Finn!

We used to get harsh winters but you don't mind that as you knew where you stood.

Nowadays you don't know where you stand weather wise! Bring back global warming i say!!

As a kid i remember the summer's being long and hot like in Huckleberry Finn!

We used to get harsh winters but you don't mind that as you knew where you stood.

Nowadays you don't know where you stand weather wise! Bring back global warming i say!!

Same here.

You always remembered the 6 weeks of school being really hot. We were down the beach and everything.

As the rest of the world heats up with the ice caps melting and all that malarky... the stubborness of the UK prevails. Only in a place this crappy the summers get colder and wetter when the rest of the world sweats their trunks off!

J

i just want a bit of seasonal definition - autumn, winter, spring, summer. it's all blended into one dull mess at the moment. it could quite easily be october down here today. then in october it could quite easily be july.

It does seem everywhere else is hotter. I mean it was 43 degrees in Zante and that was in June! And my parents got back from Skiathos last week and said the same.

If it's any consolation, the forecast here calls for a rainy July/August as well.

It hasn't been too warm this summer, although winter was also very very mild. I think most of Russia would welcome global warming!

I'm going to Barcelona on Sunday - indefinitely. :p Emma, I'm taking a TEFL course out there then will hopefully get enough teaching work to pay the rent!

Ive been thinking about it. To the point I have even looked at adult college to learn another language. Problem is what do you do for work when your over there?

Immerse yourself in the culture, and pick up the lingo relatively quickly.

I love the Uk, but couldn't live there again. Breaks to visit family and go shopping in enough for me :lol:

I'm going to Barcelona on Sunday - indefinitely. :p Emma, I'm taking a TEFL course out there then will hopefully get enough teaching work to pay the rent!

this is my plan also, but im going to clear off debt and save up a few grand first, so not looking to get away anytime in the next 3 years but its nice knowing that im not always gonna be stuck here.

this is my plan also, but im going to clear off debt and save up a few grand first, so not looking to get away anytime in the next 3 years but its nice knowing that im not always gonna be stuck here.

I've been living with my parents since Christmas to pay off credit cards and save.

Just checked the forecast for Barcelona and it's raining there as well this week. :lol: Still, gotta be better than this. :p

I wish I had the nuts to take myself off... I've always wanted to get up and bugger off, but it never seems to happen. I guess I'm more of a thinker than a doer.

J

What is a TEFL course?

Teaching english as a foreign language. The one I'm taking is actually the Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. It's recognised round the world as a basic qualification for English teachers, so you should be able to go anywhere with it.

Back